Self Fulfilling Prophecies and methyl steroids

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'm hearing what you say, but telling you it doesn't work that way in reality. The kids who won't respond to "its dumb and pointless for you to take at 17" also don't respond to anything nicer because they've already decided to take it, probably because the guys on their football team who are bigger than them have already taken it. And anabolic minds as a forum can't afford the risk of someone suggesting things to a minor to reduce their risk on cycle.
    I don't think anyone here is arguing that someone should make suggestions to them, and I think it's a pretty weak **** rationalization that you justify talking down to someone just because you THINK it doesn't matter. Just take a deep breath, remember that you were young and dumb once, and flaming someone doesn't help any situation.

    Sent from my Android device


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Evil Eagle View Post
    I don't think anyone here is arguing that someone should make suggestions to them, and I think it's a pretty weak **** rationalization that you justify talking down to someone just because you THINK it doesn't matter. Just take a deep breath, remember that you were young and dumb once, and flaming someone doesn't help any situation.

    Sent from my Android device
    and playing with someone with kid gloves doesn't help the situation either. If they are that thin skinned then they'll have enough problems dealing with the rest of their life that I don't really give a damn what happens to them. If they aren't tough enough to handle some negativity over the internet, they surely shouldn't be taking steroids.
    •   
       


  3. Its about mentorship, and being a big brother to those young guys out there doing this because their friend who is "swole, or jacked" telling him it will get him big without telling him any cycling advice or how to protect himself from potential sides. I am sure we have all seen the big kid walking around with acne all over and big muscles. There are going to be a few who listen and a few who dont. I will continue to try to prevent by being that servant leader who listens and responds to their questions.
  4. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Several issues to consider:

    1. Underage discussion is against forum rules. Regardless of the sincerity of anyone's motives it is unacceptable. It has not been beyond the realm of possibility that those of age who counsel underage poster will also suffer the consequences of said under-aged poster rule violations.

    2. There is much research out there that show piphysial (growth) plates may not fuse/close until into very late teens to early twenties. The manipulation of hormones, estrogen in particularly, may and can prematurely fuse/close the plates resulting in stunted growth.

    3. Most kids don't have health insurance nor do they have any reason to have had an extensive enough comprehensive health tests done in advance to know their health status. Most would have no idea what their lipids, liver, kidney or any other organ health may be before undertaking such drug use. This would also apply for their post use as well.

    4. Most have little idea whether or not they have an hereditary disposition for things like hypertension, diabetes, dyslipidemia, heart disease, liver disease and or other organ health issues.

    There are a host of issues that they set them selves up for by undertaking the use of steroids and the advice of some well meaning "mentor" type does not preclude these issues from being a serious liability for the user, the "mentor" and not one this board allows either of you to assume by engaging in discussion of under-aged use.

  5. aaaaaand its a wrap!
    •   
       


  6. Well, when we say mentor, we don't mean it in a way that helps them with their cycle. However, educating them on the points you mentioned and more, in a way that shows the consequences of their potential actions in helpful, rational ways.

    All I'm trying to say is, kids look up to the bigger guys, and the bigger guys could do more to help than insulting them by issuing a bit of education of what can happen, the things they're gambling with etc. The list goes on. I'm not talking about sugar-coating things, or mothering them, but, being more of a role model more than anything.

  7. Me too, but I would never discuss anything with anyone under 18. I recommend nicely they stop taking it, PCT and carry on naturally until years later. I never did anything for test until 24 years old.

  8. The way I look at it is if someone wants to try something dangerous to them and they obviously don't have the knowledge or still have lots of natural potential, or don't train or eat right, the first thing I do is try and drive it into their brains that they could still get good gains naturally, and advise them on their diet/training/supplementation.

    If they still refuse to listen I'm gonna give them a little advice on how to cycle or at least point them in the right direction. Because if they're gonna do it, they're gonna do it, and I can't sleep at night knowing I could have helped someone not ruin their body.
    Use code "fl3x10" to get a free shirt with your purchase at Mind and Muscle

  9. True. Society today is one of quick fixes, and enhancement in any way possible. I wish I could afford Hany Rambod and a full cycle for my next contest. I would do it. I am nearly 36, but still. I will not, however, do steroids just to look better for no reason. I do not recommend anyone under 25 to do them.

  10. I started taking methyls when i was 20 years old after 4.5 years of natural lifting. I had no pct, got up to 208 and was huge. I WAS AN IDIOT. Know i do not take anything beccause i have been reading this board for 2 years and i started to listen to what people who i knew that they knew what they were taalking about. I am the teenager you speak of didnt even know what aromataze was or clomid nolva or that 6-bromo had an alpha and a beta lol. Know through research i know all this so before you throw kids away, enlighten them, sure some will not listen but some, like me, will gain from it and will comprehend the damage and rewards of intelligent AAS use, proper pct and im not talking about milk thistle, and how to train better, EAT BETTER!!, and be a better mentor to others. It wil probably be today when some kid asks about a product with estra, 13 ethyl, 2a 17 dimethly AKA 2 trens and one SD and thinks that it is perfectly safe. You educated me and know i am 22 and responsible and know not to touch AAS till at least 25 preferably 28. GO help others and you helped me.

  11. I just had a discussion with a mother who came into the gym with her 16 year old son the other day with regards to steroids. He wanted to start working out, and she brought him in and said that provided he keeps his grades up she would get him a membership. We began talking about the gym, and she told me that she was very concerned because she knows that steroids are out there (her son plays a HS sport), etc. I decided at that time that I would explain to her, with him standing right there, just how serious these things are. She had a great understanding of it because she openly admitted that when she was younger she used T4 to help her lose weight, and that it made her thyroid problems even worse. With the full support of a few nearby friends, I explained that all a 16 year old needs is food, protein powder, maybe some creatine, and to lift heavy. I hear too many stories about kids around here with PH's- DMZ is extremely popular around where I live right now, and these kids are taking it without supports and using OTC pct products, sometimes at the recommendations of the guys who are selling them. They think they are fine because their bodies recuperate after the first go at it (I'm of the opinion that most young guys can "recover" fine with OTC products once or twice), but I can only imagine how messed up some of these kids are going to be in a few years. The popular thing to do is run a bottle, wait a month, run another bottle, then do "pct", if you could call it that.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    Murder as many animals as you can on cycle, 400g+ protein always.

    Don't overthink it, just do what any androgen crazed barbarian would do

  12. I am on deployment and I hope nothing like that happens out here. We get a lot of guys that want to get big on deployment, and were using SPAWN 2 years ago. I dont think too many even know about anything left out there so we might be ok. I am 36, and never even started using PHs until 24. I do contest bodybuilding now, and only cycle on twice a year. I dont use injectables though. I have a family and cant afford it. I would rather spend it on a coach, but one day I might have to get a real cycle when I am more financially secure.

  13. He wanted to start working out, and she brought him in and said that provided he keeps his grades up she would get him a membership.
    That is just the worst mentality that any parent could ever offer a teenager. My father tried to employ this strategy with me and it was a terrible mistake. A youth who is having trouble getting good grades is usually distracted and not willing to put forth the effort because they don't believe it's worth it in the end.

    Put them in the gym where they can concentrate, focus, push themselves, build confidence and strength and all of those good habits will carry over to every other aspect of their life.

    From the day my son can walk I'll be helping him to play any and all athletics he's interested in. I'd like to punch parents in the face who think working out is a "privilege."
  14. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by juiceman909 View Post

    Put them in the gym where they can concentrate, focus, push themselves, build confidence and strength and all of those good habits will carry over to every other aspect of their life.

    From the day my son can walk I'll be helping him to play any and all athletics he's interested in.
    What will you do if and/or when you find that your son has little to zero interest in any form of athletics?

  15. My daughter is 10, and outstanding academically. She is active, and participates in recess etc, but is a bit heavy. Not fat, but not skinny. It doesnt bother me. My 6 year old is a calorie burning furnace and plays all the time like i did. I dont want to force anything on them. Give it time, but provide for them in every way possible.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    What will you do if and/or when you find that your son has little to zero interest in any form of athletics?
    Well, as my post said anything that they're interested in. I certainly don't want to force anything upon my own child but that doesn't mean I won't try to make any and every advantage open to them at the earliest possibility.

    I didn't get to start playing sports seriously until I was 14 years old I have no doubt that if I could have started as a toddler and was properly brought up I would have at least had a shot at playing something professionally.

    This tends to be a common theme in professional athletes: they come from very athletic homes where they were playing and learning from the time they can walk. Only the ridiculously talented make based strictly on, well, talent. lol

    Okay, that's my for the day.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    I am on deployment and I hope nothing like that happens out here. We get a lot of guys that want to get big on deployment, and were using SPAWN 2 years ago. I dont think too many even know about anything left out there so we might be ok. I am 36, and never even started using PHs until 24. I do contest bodybuilding now, and only cycle on twice a year. I dont use injectables though. I have a family and cant afford it. I would rather spend it on a coach, but one day I might have to get a real cycle when I am more financially secure.
    In my neck of the woods injectables are considerably cheaper than the alternative PH's. $40 for Test, $50 for Tren and everything else, lol and considering how much longer you take the stuff it works out to be much, much cheaper and more effective IMO.

  18. well, I am not aware of who to buy from in fort worth, where I will be moving to and who to trust etc. I will have to risk asking around once I get established there. I understand your point and appreciate it. Its a lot to risk and I have to be very careful. I thank you.

  19. Not going to lie, I was shocked seeing the size of people who took Prohormones/Designer Steroid Superdrol on review websites and here.

    I see people talking about how they've gone from a 160 bench for 7 reps to a 185 bench for 8 reps post-cycle...

    I had those stats at 15? Not sure if they have bad genetics or are impatient...

  20. They may have been able to achieve those stats naturally. Who knows? It would hace taken some time. People are impatient
    I will track my strength when I go back on. I'm a 37 year old Powerlifter, and prior bodybuilder.

  21. Scary stuff in this post for sure.

  22. I can't speak for others, only myself. I'm a 32 year old who just recovered from pneumonia. I, being a recovering drug addict, chose to use the easy way of recovering size i already had prior to my pneumonia. So i made that happen... After I began my cycle I began to plan for PCT a few weeks down the line. That all happened when I found this awesome site. I looked up anything anabolic. The first thing that pops in my head when i hear anabolic is steroids, even though I now know that it encompasses the growth of muscle and not a compound. I found and continue to find these forums as extremely helpful and hopefully in 2 days when i go off cycle this will have proven helpful. having said all that, i just wish to say thank you all for your help and your motivation. Its a new way of life for me and its allowed me to become my utmost best... so far. God willing, the PCT goes well and the 13 pounds I've gained will remain. God Bless

  23. Good post, have to put in my two cents, I was 28 walking onto a supplement store, just worked out in my basement hadn't done any research on working out or supplements' don't even really remember what I said to the guy but I remember he was like 16 17 years old, sold me some original mass tabs, gained 16lbs in a month, I started doing research about it after that, now greanted I was 28 but I just trusted the guy, I didn't know it was a precursor steroid and he didn't recamond any liver support or pct,
    I don't think people give ph or aas the respect they deserve, they can be down right dangerous substances. And as for these kids on here I think both sides should be taken. We need to tell them how to do it the right and safe way but also that they should wait and be patient, just had a kid at my gym do a super drol cycle after i advised him to wait he was 21, in his forth week I asked him how much weight he gained, he didn't gain a single pound, and I know it was good stuff, said he wasnt really eating, wtf, Doesn't have his pct, he can't squat, he can't even do a proper rep on the bench press, wtf, really these kids are killing me, and to top that he's asking kids his own age advise when he knows me.

  24. i have a friend of mine who knows NOTHING about steroids, he is 21 and he started a tren ONLY cycle a month ago. anyway after 4 days he listened to me because he had a limp ____ and a few other sides. now this is the kind of guy who won't take legit advice, instead of doing a bulking then cutting diet he wants to keep his meals as small as possible and use steroids to gain...

    so i told him how to use it correctly to at least minimize what damage he'd do to himself... anyway... he didn't listen to me on having a PCT plan and lost 110% of what he gained... now he wants to go on TRT... this guy is going to die in his 30's... he's starting a new cycle with only a week of off time. this time it's going to be test and d-bol... but this time i'm just going to let him screw himself and his HPTA, liver, and blood pressure over.
    Last edited by mylo; 07-22-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo

  25. Quote Originally Posted by mylo View Post
    i have a friend of mine who knows NOTHING about steroids, he is 21 and he started a tren ONLY cycle a month ago. anyway after 4 days he listened to me because he had a limp ____ and a few other sides. now this is the kind of guy who won't take legit advice, instead of doing a bulking then cutting diet he wants to keep his meals as small as possible and use steroids to gain...

    so i told him how to use it correctly to at least minimize what damage he'd do to himself... anyway... he didn't listen to me on having a PCT plan and lost 110% of what he gained... now he wants to go on TRT... this guy is going to die in his 30's... he's starting a new cycle with only a week of off time. this time it's going to be test and d-bol... but this time i'm just going to let him screw himself and his HPTA, liver, and blood pressure over.

    smh.. i would not be friends with him anymore. Doesn't sound like a very bright guy. I dont want to judge because i dont know him but it's people like that who give a lot of hard workers a bad name. It's my belief that a lot of the guys who choose to do steroids, are the hardest workers of them all. The professionals get a bad rep because of steroids despite how hard they work and how well they take care of their bodies. It's ppl like your friend who have created that stench on body building and it is sad.

  26. I must reiterate: this is NOT directed at the MOD/ADMIN of AM, but rather the community in general.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by DYEGYE View Post
    I just had a discussion with a mother who came into the gym with her 16 year old son the other day with regards to steroids. He wanted to start working out, and she brought him in and said that provided he keeps his grades up she would get him a membership. We began talking about the gym, and she told me that she was very concerned because she knows that steroids are out there (her son plays a HS sport), etc. I decided at that time that I would explain to her, with him standing right there, just how serious these things are. She had a great understanding of it because she openly admitted that when she was younger she used T4 to help her lose weight, and that it made her thyroid problems even worse. With the full support of a few nearby friends, I explained that all a 16 year old needs is food, protein powder, maybe some creatine, and to lift heavy. I hear too many stories about kids around here with PH's- DMZ is extremely popular around where I live right now, and these kids are taking it without supports and using OTC pct products, sometimes at the recommendations of the guys who are selling them. They think they are fine because their bodies recuperate after the first go at it (I'm of the opinion that most young guys can "recover" fine with OTC products once or twice), but I can only imagine how messed up some of these kids are going to be in a few years. The popular thing to do is run a bottle, wait a month, run another bottle, then do "pct", if you could call it that.
    Let's not eliminate all otc pcts although most stuck, some arent horrible at the right doses

    Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

  28. Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN View Post
    The biggest problem I think from talking to these kids is,they think the stuff i safe because it's legal..Big problem IMO
    one of my friends that just turned 16 took melthly-tren 550 around 15 an he has gyno i think, an also he is always touching his self like his balls.. I asked him why so young?
    he said because of football, he didn't even take nolva or comid, he just ran a pct called P.C.T. RX 650..
    I worry every day for him, he may be bigger then me but I'm going to college for basketball an i've only touched pre-workout an protein..
    But im considering using epi for my first cycle

  29. Quote Originally Posted by ExerciseorDie View Post
    Let's not eliminate all otc pcts although most stuck, some arent horrible at the right doses

    Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD
    Yeah, I'd limit it to DAA, Vitamin C, D3, & E, and a few various anti-estrogens. I'm partial to Formestane and 6-Bromo. They both work well at 50-75mg/day.

    But you always need Clomid or HCG. Turns out, HCG injections are not illegal in many states and they aren't currently a controlled substance under the FDA either.
    The FDA specifically says that HCG homeopathic supplements are illegal but not the injections. However, they do say that injections are only available through prescription, which isn't true either. This is a global market and that means that big pharma companies aren't able to corner a market for drugs anymore.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by bballCollege View Post
    one of my friends that just turned 16 took melthly-tren 550 around 15 an he has gyno i think, an also he is always touching his self like his balls.. I asked him why so young?
    he said because of football, he didn't even take nolva or comid, he just ran a pct called P.C.T. RX 650..
    I worry every day for him, he may be bigger then me but I'm going to college for basketball an i've only touched pre-workout an protein..
    But im considering using epi for my first cycle
    I'd wait.

    T-boosters like DAA should do fine. At your age, I'm willing to bet your diet could use some improvements. That alone will give you steroid-like results.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. methylated steroids and hepatoxicity
    By R1187 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 03:36 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 09:45 PM
  3. Methyl steroids and your liver!
    By ezza in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 01:55 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 11:02 PM
  5. The neccessity of HCG, and methyl 1-test?
    By Tiabin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Log in
Log in