Self Fulfilling Prophecies and methyl steroids

Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  247 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.63%

I just had a discussion with a mother who came into the gym with her 16 year old son the other day with regards to steroids. He wanted to start working out, and she brought him in and said that provided he keeps his grades up she would get him a membership. We began talking about the gym, and she told me that she was very concerned because she knows that steroids are out there (her son plays a HS sport), etc. I decided at that time that I would explain to her, with him standing right there, just how serious these things are. She had a great understanding of it because she openly admitted that when she was younger she used T4 to help her lose weight, and that it made her thyroid problems even worse. With the full support of a few nearby friends, I explained that all a 16 year old needs is food, protein powder, maybe some creatine, and to lift heavy. I hear too many stories about kids around here with PH's- DMZ is extremely popular around where I live right now, and these kids are taking it without supports and using OTC pct products, sometimes at the recommendations of the guys who are selling them. They think they are fine because their bodies recuperate after the first go at it (I'm of the opinion that most young guys can "recover" fine with OTC products once or twice), but I can only imagine how messed up some of these kids are going to be in a few years. The popular thing to do is run a bottle, wait a month, run another bottle, then do "pct", if you could call it that.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoadTo View Post
    Murder as many animals as you can on cycle, 400g+ protein always.

Don't overthink it, just do what any androgen crazed barbarian would do

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I am on deployment and I hope nothing like that happens out here. We get a lot of guys that want to get big on deployment, and were using SPAWN 2 years ago. I dont think too many even know about anything left out there so we might be ok. I am 36, and never even started using PHs until 24. I do contest bodybuilding now, and only cycle on twice a year. I dont use injectables though. I have a family and cant afford it. I would rather spend it on a coach, but one day I might have to get a real cycle when I am more financially secure.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.23%

He wanted to start working out, and she brought him in and said that provided he keeps his grades up she would get him a membership.
    That is just the worst mentality that any parent could ever offer a teenager. My father tried to employ this strategy with me and it was a terrible mistake. A youth who is having trouble getting good grades is usually distracted and not willing to put forth the effort because they don't believe it's worth it in the end.

Put them in the gym where they can concentrate, focus, push themselves, build confidence and strength and all of those good habits will carry over to every other aspect of their life.

From the day my son can walk I'll be helping him to play any and all athletics he's interested in. I'd like to punch parents in the face who think working out is a "privilege."
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman909 View Post

Put them in the gym where they can concentrate, focus, push themselves, build confidence and strength and all of those good habits will carry over to every other aspect of their life.

From the day my son can walk I'll be helping him to play any and all athletics he's interested in.
    What will you do if and/or when you find that your son has little to zero interest in any form of athletics?
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

My daughter is 10, and outstanding academically. She is active, and participates in recess etc, but is a bit heavy. Not fat, but not skinny. It doesnt bother me. My 6 year old is a calorie burning furnace and plays all the time like i did. I dont want to force anything on them. Give it time, but provide for them in every way possible.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.23%

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    What will you do if and/or when you find that your son has little to zero interest in any form of athletics?
    Well, as my post said anything that they're interested in. I certainly don't want to force anything upon my own child but that doesn't mean I won't try to make any and every advantage open to them at the earliest possibility.

I didn't get to start playing sports seriously until I was 14 years old I have no doubt that if I could have started as a toddler and was properly brought up I would have at least had a shot at playing something professionally.

This tends to be a common theme in professional athletes: they come from very athletic homes where they were playing and learning from the time they can walk. Only the ridiculously talented make based strictly on, well, talent. lol

Okay, that's my for the day.
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    I am on deployment and I hope nothing like that happens out here. We get a lot of guys that want to get big on deployment, and were using SPAWN 2 years ago. I dont think too many even know about anything left out there so we might be ok. I am 36, and never even started using PHs until 24. I do contest bodybuilding now, and only cycle on twice a year. I dont use injectables though. I have a family and cant afford it. I would rather spend it on a coach, but one day I might have to get a real cycle when I am more financially secure.
    In my neck of the woods injectables are considerably cheaper than the alternative PH's. $40 for Test, $50 for Tren and everything else, lol and considering how much longer you take the stuff it works out to be much, much cheaper and more effective IMO.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

well, I am not aware of who to buy from in fort worth, where I will be moving to and who to trust etc. I will have to risk asking around once I get established there. I understand your point and appreciate it. Its a lot to risk and I have to be very careful. I thank you.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.25%

Not going to lie, I was shocked seeing the size of people who took Prohormones/Designer Steroid Superdrol on review websites and here.

I see people talking about how they've gone from a 160 bench for 7 reps to a 185 bench for 8 reps post-cycle...

I had those stats at 15? Not sure if they have bad genetics or are impatient...
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

They may have been able to achieve those stats naturally. Who knows? It would hace taken some time. People are impatient
    I will track my strength when I go back on. I'm a 37 year old Powerlifter, and prior bodybuilder.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.83%

Scary stuff in this post for sure.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.62%

I can't speak for others, only myself. I'm a 32 year old who just recovered from pneumonia. I, being a recovering drug addict, chose to use the easy way of recovering size i already had prior to my pneumonia. So i made that happen... After I began my cycle I began to plan for PCT a few weeks down the line. That all happened when I found this awesome site. I looked up anything anabolic. The first thing that pops in my head when i hear anabolic is steroids, even though I now know that it encompasses the growth of muscle and not a compound. I found and continue to find these forums as extremely helpful and hopefully in 2 days when i go off cycle this will have proven helpful. having said all that, i just wish to say thank you all for your help and your motivation. Its a new way of life for me and its allowed me to become my utmost best... so far. God willing, the PCT goes well and the 13 pounds I've gained will remain. God Bless
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.73%

Good post, have to put in my two cents, I was 28 walking onto a supplement store, just worked out in my basement hadn't done any research on working out or supplements' don't even really remember what I said to the guy but I remember he was like 16 17 years old, sold me some original mass tabs, gained 16lbs in a month, I started doing research about it after that, now greanted I was 28 but I just trusted the guy, I didn't know it was a precursor steroid and he didn't recamond any liver support or pct,
    I don't think people give ph or aas the respect they deserve, they can be down right dangerous substances. And as for these kids on here I think both sides should be taken. We need to tell them how to do it the right and safe way but also that they should wait and be patient, just had a kid at my gym do a super drol cycle after i advised him to wait he was 21, in his forth week I asked him how much weight he gained, he didn't gain a single pound, and I know it was good stuff, said he wasnt really eating, wtf, Doesn't have his pct, he can't squat, he can't even do a proper rep on the bench press, wtf, really these kids are killing me, and to top that he's asking kids his own age advise when he knows me.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.09%

i have a friend of mine who knows NOTHING about steroids, he is 21 and he started a tren ONLY cycle a month ago. anyway after 4 days he listened to me because he had a limp ____ and a few other sides. now this is the kind of guy who won't take legit advice, instead of doing a bulking then cutting diet he wants to keep his meals as small as possible and use steroids to gain...

so i told him how to use it correctly to at least minimize what damage he'd do to himself... anyway... he didn't listen to me on having a PCT plan and lost 110% of what he gained... now he wants to go on TRT... this guy is going to die in his 30's... he's starting a new cycle with only a week of off time. this time it's going to be test and d-bol... but this time i'm just going to let him screw himself and his HPTA, liver, and blood pressure over.
    Last edited by mylo; 07-22-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65%

Quote Originally Posted by mylo View Post
    i have a friend of mine who knows NOTHING about steroids, he is 21 and he started a tren ONLY cycle a month ago. anyway after 4 days he listened to me because he had a limp ____ and a few other sides. now this is the kind of guy who won't take legit advice, instead of doing a bulking then cutting diet he wants to keep his meals as small as possible and use steroids to gain...

so i told him how to use it correctly to at least minimize what damage he'd do to himself... anyway... he didn't listen to me on having a PCT plan and lost 110% of what he gained... now he wants to go on TRT... this guy is going to die in his 30's... he's starting a new cycle with only a week of off time. this time it's going to be test and d-bol... but this time i'm just going to let him screw himself and his HPTA, liver, and blood pressure over.

smh.. i would not be friends with him anymore. Doesn't sound like a very bright guy. I dont want to judge because i dont know him but it's people like that who give a lot of hard workers a bad name. It's my belief that a lot of the guys who choose to do steroids, are the hardest workers of them all. The professionals get a bad rep because of steroids despite how hard they work and how well they take care of their bodies. It's ppl like your friend who have created that stench on body building and it is sad.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'1"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.07%

I must reiterate: this is NOT directed at the MOD/ADMIN of AM, but rather the community in general.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.28%

Quote Originally Posted by DYEGYE View Post
    I just had a discussion with a mother who came into the gym with her 16 year old son the other day with regards to steroids. He wanted to start working out, and she brought him in and said that provided he keeps his grades up she would get him a membership. We began talking about the gym, and she told me that she was very concerned because she knows that steroids are out there (her son plays a HS sport), etc. I decided at that time that I would explain to her, with him standing right there, just how serious these things are. She had a great understanding of it because she openly admitted that when she was younger she used T4 to help her lose weight, and that it made her thyroid problems even worse. With the full support of a few nearby friends, I explained that all a 16 year old needs is food, protein powder, maybe some creatine, and to lift heavy. I hear too many stories about kids around here with PH's- DMZ is extremely popular around where I live right now, and these kids are taking it without supports and using OTC pct products, sometimes at the recommendations of the guys who are selling them. They think they are fine because their bodies recuperate after the first go at it (I'm of the opinion that most young guys can "recover" fine with OTC products once or twice), but I can only imagine how messed up some of these kids are going to be in a few years. The popular thing to do is run a bottle, wait a month, run another bottle, then do "pct", if you could call it that.
    Let's not eliminate all otc pcts although most stuck, some arent horrible at the right doses

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.62%

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmaN View Post
    The biggest problem I think from talking to these kids is,they think the stuff i safe because it's legal..Big problem IMO
    one of my friends that just turned 16 took melthly-tren 550 around 15 an he has gyno i think, an also he is always touching his self like his balls.. I asked him why so young?
    he said because of football, he didn't even take nolva or comid, he just ran a pct called P.C.T. RX 650..
    I worry every day for him, he may be bigger then me but I'm going to college for basketball an i've only touched pre-workout an protein..
    But im considering using epi for my first cycle
  19. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.11%

Quote Originally Posted by ExerciseorDie View Post
    Let's not eliminate all otc pcts although most stuck, some arent horrible at the right doses

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD
    Yeah, I'd limit it to DAA, Vitamin C, D3, & E, and a few various anti-estrogens. I'm partial to Formestane and 6-Bromo. They both work well at 50-75mg/day.

But you always need Clomid or HCG. Turns out, HCG injections are not illegal in many states and they aren't currently a controlled substance under the FDA either.
    The FDA specifically says that HCG homeopathic supplements are illegal but not the injections. However, they do say that injections are only available through prescription, which isn't true either. This is a global market and that means that big pharma companies aren't able to corner a market for drugs anymore.
  20. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.11%

Quote Originally Posted by bballCollege View Post
    one of my friends that just turned 16 took melthly-tren 550 around 15 an he has gyno i think, an also he is always touching his self like his balls.. I asked him why so young?
    he said because of football, he didn't even take nolva or comid, he just ran a pct called P.C.T. RX 650..
    I worry every day for him, he may be bigger then me but I'm going to college for basketball an i've only touched pre-workout an protein..
    But im considering using epi for my first cycle
    I'd wait.

T-boosters like DAA should do fine. At your age, I'm willing to bet your diet could use some improvements. That alone will give you steroid-like results.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.62%

[QUOTE=fueledpassion;4148313]I'd wait.

T-boosters like DAA should do fine. At your age, I'm willing to bet your diet could use some improvements. That alone will give you steroid-like results.[/QUOTE
    Alright but I don't think epi will be legal for ever nor methly-tren products, so i'm think of buying them an freeazing them or something lol idk man, But ya i'll wait until my diet is amazing, I have a terrible sleeping pattern, my diet is pretty good tho I get in 4000 cals plus 2 protein shakes..
    I'm 170 right now 6'2 also I'm a basketball player my coach says I needa bulk up so that's why im think about taking Prohormones.. I could be a nba player if I weighed 190
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.62%

Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    I'd wait.

T-boosters like DAA should do fine. At your age, I'm willing to bet your diet could use some improvements. That alone will give you steroid-like results.
    Alright but I don't think epi will be legal for ever nor methly-tren products, so i'm think of buying them an freeazing them or something lol idk man, But ya i'll wait until my diet is amazing, I have a terrible sleeping pattern, my diet is pretty good tho I get in 4000 cals plus 2 protein shakes..
    I'm 170 right now 6'2 also I'm a basketball player my coach says I needa bulk up so that's why im think about taking Prohormones.. I could be a nba player if I weighed 190
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%

this is definitely a knowledgeable thread , i myself am about to run my first cycle and that only after researching every aspect of all PH/DS/AAS for over a year. i wanted to know the subject inside and out before i attempted to run anything. I come on here and i see people already running cycles and see their logs and sometimes cant imagine whats going threw their head. some are kids, some dont use supports, some are using crazy methyl stacks, taking things like premade stacks of SD/Phera/M1t and having no idea what it is, no idea of how to structure a pct, or sometimes what a pct even is. its really scary and i do my best to steer them in the right direction as far as how to structure a cycle. i dont think me telling anyone not to do something will make any difference so i figure the best way is to tell them how to do it properly if theyre really set on doing it
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65%

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    I can recall a time not so very long ago. A time when M1T was "extreme" in regard to its potential dangers. A time when use and mis-use was a very serious concern by many members on the board. A time when statements like; "every kid wanting to get huge will be eating this **** like candy" and was of a serious concern. Our conscienses were very finely tuned to the potential dangers of the use and abuse of these compounds by anyone, and especially young kids just coming into the BB world/sport, with very little to no training and diet experience.

Fast forward to today. We have 20-21yr olds weighing in at 145-165lb advising other 145-165lb kids who want to get huge by doing this or that methyl. Kids who don't know how to eat or train right. Kids who have trained for the first time in their lives now wanting to take steroids.

What happened? Where is the board conscience that used to be so prominant? Is there a board conscience?

Please note: I am not anti steroids, nor anti kids (young men), nor anti kids on steroids. I'm sure this may offend a few too many. But surely there are some here who remember "back in the day" when we used conscience and caution when supplying advise.

I'm sure I'm not alone here.
    I remember back in the mid eighties that it was generally considered not a good idea to started juicing until you could bench at least 100kilo. now it worse, kids with no naturally built muscle starting juicing after a fews months in the gym or even weeks. thing is they plateau so early that they have nowhere to go so become discouraged when their newly built muscles are disappearing when they're "off"..

Similar Forum Threads

1. methylated steroids and hepatoxicity
    By R1187 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 03:36 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 09:45 PM
  3. Methyl steroids and your liver!
    By ezza in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 01:55 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 11:02 PM
  5. The neccessity of HCG, and methyl 1-test?
    By Tiabin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2003, 09:27 PM