Self Fulfilling Prophecies and methyl steroids

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can recall a time not so very long ago. A time when M1T was "extreme" in regard to its potential dangers. A time when use and mis-use was a very serious concern by many members on the board. A time when statements like; "every kid wanting to get huge will be eating this **** like candy" and was of a serious concern. Our conscienses were very finely tuned to the potential dangers of the use and abuse of these compounds by anyone, and especially young kids just coming into the BB world/sport, with very little to no training and diet experience.

Fast forward to today. We have 20-21yr olds weighing in at 145-165lb advising other 145-165lb kids who want to get huge by doing this or that methyl. Kids who don't know how to eat or train right. Kids who have trained for the first time in their lives now wanting to take steroids.

What happened? Where is the board conscience that used to be so prominant? Is there a board conscience?

Please note: I am not anti steroids, nor anti kids (young men), nor anti kids on steroids. I'm sure this may offend a few too many. But surely there are some here who remember "back in the day" when we used conscience and caution when supplying advise.

I'm sure I'm not alone here.

Last edited:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
No the overall tone of the board has not changed but we as admin and mods need help to combat this.. I have been banning and correcting a ton more than I used to lately so please feel free to correct misconceptions and address anything you feel needs to be addressed.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Matthew_D...I do appreciate your reply. I do want to emphasise that I was in no way referring to the staff and or mod/admin team directly. I was more or less referring to the community of the board. Thank you for your affirmation.

I can remember back when I first cycled androgens. I got back into training again for the first time in too long. I trained for a while and saw that I still had it. But I knew that it was consistancy and discipline that were going to get me the long term results. I spent an entire year researching androgens while perfecting my diet and training. After that year I did my first cycle. It was Nor-ADerm. Anyone even remember what that is? :) I then gradually proceded to 1,4dione and finally a 1T/4AD cycle. This progression took about a year. I cycled a few more 1T/4AD cycles before the "goods" started hitting the boards.

I guess it's just me...but progression is a big part of progress. Or maybe I am just getting too old ;)

BTW...seriously, not looking to offend or attack anyone here. It has been a concern of mine for a while and I just decided that today was the day to open the discussion.

Thanks!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I do see and feel what you are saying B51, however I feel we must address what our roles should be. I'm sure there will be disagreement on this but I'll simply lay down what I feel my role is.

As you stated, there are an incalculable number of kids who want to take these methyls and have a poor concept of proper diet, training, and rest should be. I view this as a given and my main emphasis is on trying to make sure these kids do not harm themselves irrepairably. I cannot impart on them the value of experience in a few paragraphs nor can I hammer common sense or intelligence into anyone that does not want them.

I could utter the mantra "Make sure your diet and training are in order.." with every post but will it really be taken into consideration? We must also realize that these substances are not the sole propriety of body builders and therefore there are no hard and fast "rules" as to what level of fitness one has to be at in order to use PH's. I myself am not a BBer and my diet at times would make a natty cry.

What I can do is make sure they know the proper way to use these substances with proper PCT. I focus on giving out safe recommendations aimed at getting person X through a cycle without damaging themselves. I could demand to know what their diet and training are like but Person X could simply blow smoke up my ass to get info and do the cycle anyways.

If other MODS or members wish to concentrate on the poster's diet, training and lifestyle that is great but I simply don't feel as though I am advanced enough to dole out calorie-specific advice to anyone.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have to tell you guys this..Last night I was playing Quake 3 Excessive mod(great game)
and someone came in named Methyl-1..I went into spectator mode and starting chatting with him.I told him about my liver problems,well he was so interested we starting talking on instant message..He never heard of Nolva and all he was using was 6oxo for PCT.I asked him his age and he told me 17..We talked for an hour I linked him to anobolics forum and my thread F.Y.I...He read stuff about lactating and ball shrinkage and freaked out..Well he told me he was going to stop as of right now,he was only taking 5mg for 2 days but was worried about side effects.I just thought I would share with you,and I felt so good because I feel I really helped this kid out..I do not think the staff here promotes this stuff,but when people ask they give there advice and that is what makes this forum great..

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
It's a shame cause with a little knowledge and discepline they would probably grow so fast they wouldn't even think about prohormones or roids. I don't think they should be used untill your near your genetic peak. Plus now with the media talking about athletes and steroids all the time it's just gonna get worse cause now kids will be thinking about it more. Now they think well if Barry Bonds takes em how bad could they be? Or they open a Flex magazine and see 2 page adds how m1t can give ya 20 pounds of muscle in 2 weeks. With no mention of side effects or pct.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
When it comes down to it we here at AM are about safety first. If that means we have to lose a few battles to win the war then so be it. A lot of bro's come on dead set on taking this or that and want advice. Do you suggest then that we ignore him and say don't take it your not old enough or experienced enough? Or do we stay in line with our goal (safety) and recognize the fact that this person is going to use it anyway and give him sound advice that will make the cycle as safe as possible.

We don't suggest those under 21 take anything but they will. We don't suggest nor promote it but in that instance I'd rather give the person a few tips to make it safe then to tell him to buzz off.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Good discussion. I'm actually happy I lifted incorrectly and dieted insufficiently for my first 3 years - got the newbie gains regardless. If I wandered into BB.com, I might have been tempted to try some androgen prematurely. Ignorance was bliss. I did waste alot of money on crappy supplements and musletech though...

And also, those with a poor diet usually won't maintain any gains after a M1T cycle. And defintily not with PCT.
Feeding the stereotype "you can't keep your gains"

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with you b5150, but I really think Bioman hit it on the head. I browsed this board for over 6 months before ever posting my first response. I dedicated myself to research, and was satisfied that I could come on here and give helpful information to people. I try and tell people a safe way of doing cycles, and always stick with the board policies because I agree with what they have to say. Lately it seems there are a lot more posts dealing with very uneducated questions. The best way to deal with this is to give good safe advice, and tell them to do some research.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The biggest problem I think from talking to these kids is,they think the stuff i safe because it's legal..Big problem IMO

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not in disagreement with any of these replies.

But in regard to them I would like to add this. It is always good to give sound advise when it is asked for. But in some cases it is showing someone how to do the wrong thing the right way. But I will not go into what is right or wrong and level of experience for PH/PS use. But there should be some sort of prerequisite of knowledge or level of understanding demonstrated by the inquirer before such advise is delivered.

I will say that I think encouraging someone to search for themselves is the better way to go. For instance; "Hey bro, search around some on the board using the "search function". Use the key words "PCT, NOLVA, 6-OXO". Read up a bunch on this stuff". I'm not going to ramble on using examples.

"We can feed them fish, or teach them to be fishermen"

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have to tell you guys this..Last night I was playing Quake 3 Excessive mod(great game)
and someone came in named Methyl-1..I went into spectator mode and starting chatting with him.I told him about my liver problems,well he was so interested we starting talking on instant message..He never heard of Nolva and all he was using was 6oxo for PCT.I asked him his age and he told me 17..We talked for an hour I linked him to anobolics forum and my thread F.Y.I...He read stuff about lactating and ball shrinkage and freaked out..Well he told me he was going to stop as of right now,he was only taking 5mg for 2 days but was worried about side effects.I just thought I would share with you,and I felt so good because I feel I really helped this kid out..I do not think the staff here promotes this stuff,but when people ask they give there advice and that is what makes this forum great..
I would just like to say you are the coolest 45 yr old I have ever known of in my entire life Madman. Playing Quake 3? And you are ripped? Damn, you sure you aren't a 20 year old masquerading as a 45 yr old ;) Don't ever let old age hit ya.

Oh and also you did the right thing in schooling that kid about M1T. He should be very thankful you took the time to educate him.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would just like to say you are the coolest 45 yr old I have ever known of in my entire life Madman. Playing Quake 3? And you are ripped? Damn, you sure you aren't a 20 year old masquerading as a 45 yr old ;) Don't ever let old age hit ya.

Oh and also you did the right thing in schooling that kid about M1T. He should be very thankful you took the time to educate him.

Thanks usual..I felt it is my responsability to at least try to help..As far as quake goes im even in a clan..IX-MaDmaN the IX clan...that is why I use Madman as my username it is also my quake name.. :thumbsup:

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
More in line with this discussion, has anyone else noticed the vast difference between post and thread counts of the PH and Anabolics Forum Sections vs. the Diet & Nutrition and Training sections? That right there sums up the problem I think. I am starting to follow the school of thought of "maybe it's a good thing the gov't is outlawing PH's".

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't know...I'm younger than a lot of you, but I think it's kind of dishonest to actually think someone is making a bad decision, but then pretend like "everythings cool" and give them advice. I don't see how you're making the problem any better. If a reporter were to visit this site, he/she would see you doling out cycling info to kids, vs. telling them what they need to hear, which is what my coaches told me, which is GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND STOP LOOKING FOR A SHORTCUT AROUND HARD WORK.

The net result of the "they're going to do it anyway" approach is more f-ed up kids, not less. The 5% that do it right at a young age would have done it right without your help, b/c they can read/research and apply knowledge.

Epiphyseal Growth Plates don't need a lot of encouragement to start closing, and I would never in a million years tell a kid there is a "safe" way to cycle, b/c I don't believe there is, based on the extensive research I have done since my early 20s.

Why does everyone get so pu$$y and afraid to tell a kid what's up? Is that your idea of good role modeling? The 90s sensitive bullshit, that assumes we're all born with paper-thin skin and fragile egos? How many coaches of professional teams take that approach. If you've been an athlete of any level of success, you know the answer, it's ZERO...Strong people respond to strength. I don't give a f--- what happens to the rest, b/c they don't matter in my equation. If a kid can't handle reality, why change it to make him/her feel better...just so you can save face and appear cool? That's lame.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Usual, yes, it was the first thing I noticed when I came to these boards...and it's the same at every other one.

If I was a scientist I would say people primarily come here for drug-related information.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
The Mods and Vets here do a good job pushing safety first. Some Experienced steroid users stay away from M1T - while 16year old are juicing up without liver protection and PCT. How ironic

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How do you safely avoid growth plate closure, bro? Extra Milk Thistle?

And how many kids can get bloodwork done? That's a key element of safety.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I must reiterate: this is NOT directed at the MOD/ADMIN of AM, but rather the community in general.

"No, I am not my brothers' keeper, I'm his brother"

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ditto, B5150...the Mods/Admins have a host of responsibilities/functional requirements to balance...plus they make this place available...and no one is encouraging censorship.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Maybe the gov't does know best in the end, eh? They say "we must save the stupid masses from themselves" and we go and prove them right :(

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Let me clarify the intent of my post was about giving advice to newbies and or people with poor body building discipline. I did use the term "kids" but I did not mean to imply that I advocate giving advice to people under the age of 20. I have done so on occassion but it was generally an oversight rather than intentional.

This board has had a standing policy of banning underaged members from posting in the AAS section or at the very least we sternly warn them to stay away from PH/AAS until they are of age.

One has to realize that there dozens of people joining the site everyday and it is simply not practical to do a background check on all of them. We tend to let their actions/postings dictate whether we look into whether or not they are who they say they are. Kids are clever but I feel that the board does its best to keep them out.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, "kids" are crafty.

NSRUFFRYDER.

Mod. 17. Scammer.

NUFF-said.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Let me clarify the intent of my post was about giving advice to newbies and or people with poor body building discipline. I did use the term "kids" but I did not mean to imply that I advocate giving advice to people under the age of 20. I have done so on occassion but it was generally an oversight rather than intentional.

This board has had a standing policy of banning underaged members from posting in the AAS section or at the very least we sternly warn them to stay away from PH/AAS until they are of age.

One has to realize that there dozens of people joining the site everyday and it is simply not practical to do a background check on all of them. We tend to let their actions/postings dictate whether we look into whether or not they are who they say they are. Kids are clever but I feel that the board does its best to keep them out.
I'm right with bioman here, I along with every other mod or admin here would never advise or say it was ok for an underage kid to take ph's or AAS.

And yes finding the answer for yourself is always better I can't stand when people ask the same question 20 times.

Overall fella's we as a board need to pay attention to these young men and guide them in the right direction, not just pimp products and sponsors like some other boards I won't mention. We the Mods and admin can only read so many threads so if anyone see's something wrong feel free to address it or pm one of us.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
20 and under are all over the PH forum...

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I told him about my liver problems...We talked for an hour I linked him to anobolics forum and my thread ...
I must have missed this, could someone post tha link or help me in becoming a better fisherman? ;)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
You are right Deodus and it is is not going to get any better.. but the whole thing is it the responsible thing to do to tell these younger guys how to do things.. I am not going to sit here and think that all of them are going to listen to us but if we all get on the same page of music then over time, I hope the overall attitude toward PH's in general will be come one of understanding before use and that diet and training need to be tight before you jump on to the PH or AAS wagon..

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
I agree with what in principle with what b5150 has said but what can you really do to combat it? All the information is at their fingertips and all they want to know is how much to take and for how long. I wish when I was coming up I had access to the resources that are available now. I guess as I get older I'm becoming more cynical about a lot of things but when it comes down to it, I just think things will sort themselves out regarding this issue. For some it will be good, but for most it will be negative.

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The net result of the "they're going to do it anyway" approach is more f-ed up kids, not less. The 5% that do it right at a young age would have done it right without your help, b/c they can read/research and apply knowledge.

Epiphyseal Growth Plates don't need a lot of encouragement to start closing, and I would never in a million years tell a kid there is a "safe" way to cycle, b/c I don't believe there is, based on the extensive research I have done since my early 20s.

Why does everyone get so pu$$y and afraid to tell a kid what's up? Is that your idea of good role modeling? The 90s sensitive bullshit, that assumes we're all born with paper-thin skin and fragile egos? How many coaches of professional teams take that approach. If you've been an athlete of any level of success, you know the answer, it's ZERO...Strong people respond to strength. I don't give a f--- what happens to the rest, b/c they don't matter in my equation. If a kid can't handle reality, why change it to make him/her feel better...just so you can save face and appear cool? That's lame.
I agree with you Brodus,A very big pet peeve of mine is the attitude alot of parents have these days..."kid will be kids", "you know how kids are".letting the school systems and government, and everybody else take responsibillity..I as a parent feel it is MY responsibility to educate my children on anything and everything,sex, drugs whatever, and with the relationship we have built,(and it is an ongoing building process) they know they can come to me,(and my wife) and if I don't have the answer, I will research or look for it with them...how can some people not even have a clue what going on in their own childs life is beyond me.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Advertising reigns supreme over safety and truth

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Advertising reigns supreme over safety and truth
ahh yes, and the younger ones are an untapped market...look at how many prescriptions of anti depresants are now for children.

I Love Laurie Dhue

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
<rant>

Just wanted to bump this for some more awareness and/or to stir things up again.

There has been a slew of "Tomorrow I'm starting 'such and such cycle' and I was wondering............"

I know that we discussed the virtues of teaching and sharing before. I am still of the school of thought:
"We can feed them fish, or teach them to be fishermen"
If you are wondering...then the only thing you should be starting is research.

</rant> :run:

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There seems to be an influx with the impending ban of newbies (not to be condescending) asking these sorts of questions. I have no problem helping it's when they don't help themselves that I have a problem with. Or when they show an attitude b/c they "heard" something otherwise.:gore:

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No the overall tone of the board has not changed but we as admin and mods need help to combat this.. I have been banning and correcting a ton more than I used to lately so please feel free to correct misconceptions and address anything you feel needs to be addressed.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup:
reading this thread reminds me that most of the issues discussed in this thread over a year ago are even more relevant today. with the influx of designer steroids into the market it's hard for people to differentiate between a harmful and a useless product. Just open up FLEX and look in the back. you'll see ads for methyl this and 17aa that mixed in with the usual muscletech garbage and the other useless supplements.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Good idea bumping the thread B. Very relevant.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I missed this thread the first time around. I am very proud to read it though. Don't laugh, I manage a Hollister Clothing store. I play big, big brother to 75 odd kids. I deal with poor decision making youths all the time. Kids doing what they do, jumping into an unfilled pool.

It will always be difficult to balance the successful athlete who is driven to research, and the kid who wants quick easy answers. I feel it is our duty to show a better path. Instead of saying DO MORE RESEARCH!!! (Followed by please lay off the caps!) I try to write down the key words. Sometimes we can answer the same question in a sentence, sometimes we can show the right path in a sentence.

In my youth I would have given anything to have known about a board like AM. We don't provide answers here, we illuminate paths. We show you the door. The answers must come from you in the end.

This board is full of people who have asked themselves many of the same questions, and searched many of the same questions. And so it is our purpose, to show others- the way it is done.

The mods do a great, tough job here. Balancing law, ethics, and mass amounts of info. I try to treat everyone here as though I know them. A community that looks out for the most jacked and inspiring, to the hungriest and perspiring. I take pride in using and sharing what I learn here. I'm proud to be a member. End of rant, sob, snot, cough...

Am I my brother's keeper? Yes I am.

anadrol75

Awards
Good thread! I hope the people who read this realize one thing. There is NO substitute for hard work and diet. It took me four years to realize this myself. What you do now will effect you down the road. I guess this is my two cents: if you think you are 100% sure you know what your doing, do more research.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
yeah, incredibly relevant stuff. Good for all to review (or see for the first time!) Props to AM and all who dwell herein!

Brfish

Brfish

Board Supporter
Awards
Youth is wasted on the young....I wish I knew then what I know now.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"I wish to God I didn't know now the things I didn't know then"

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump...

...for the boat-load of newbie posts that flood this place with the surge of the newbie OTC methylated steroids and ban rumors.

Keep this in mind when many of us are not as excited as some of you are when the newest and best-est steroid is made available at all our favorite retail outlets.

Or when you start a thread that says, dudes...I'm stocking up...what should I get.

Remember, we're the dummies...not you.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established

Fast forward to today. We have 20-21yr olds weighing in at 145-165lb advising other 145-165lb kids who want to get huge by doing this or that methyl. Kids who don't know how to eat or train right. Kids who have trained for the first time in their lives now wanting to take steroids.

2 huge problems in my generation. (i'm 17)

1. Work ethic, or lack of. This leads into problem #2
2. Jealousy

Problem #1) Your DAMN RIGHT when you say kids these days are lazy. I agree. We have everything handed to us. 80% of us either go home and sleep or play XBOX for hours after school.

This isnt just on a physical level. How in the hell is India and China pumping out better students out of college than the US? Not like we dont have the technology, were just lazy.

Problem #2) Why do islamic terrorist hate us? There jealous of your country. We have supermarkets and movies, they have sand, and more sand.

Why did hitler hate the jews? Jealousy. They had money, they (the nazi party) didn't.

Why do kids my age want to take roids? This is more complicated. Basically, they see big kids like me and the get, you guessed it, jealous. They respond in 1 of 4 ways.

1) Work ethic- re-read my above passages if you that thats going to happen a lot.

2) denial- "That kid is only big because he takes steroids" they think, so they give up before they even start to get in shape.

3) they get desperate- They take seroids/ph's

4) worst of all, a deep, dark depression- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death of those under 21. I'm willing to bet that most of these are caused by poor body image.

This would all be prevented if kids wernt so damn lazy.