Self Fulfilling Prophecies and methyl steroids

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. Advertising reigns supreme over safety and truth
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com

2. Quote Originally Posted by Deoudes59
    Advertising reigns supreme over safety and truth
    ahh yes, and the younger ones are an untapped market...look at how many prescriptions of anti depresants are now for children.

I Love Laurie Dhue
    •   

3. Fox News got some hot chics working for em.

4. Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBootyDady
    Fox News got some hot chics working for em.
    her voice makes me quiver...what was this post about again?

5. Quote Originally Posted by willieman
    her voice makes me quiver...what was this post about again?
    What thread? Playboy needs to do a "GIRLS OF FOX NEWS" issue.
    •   

6. Unbreakable

<rant>

Just wanted to bump this for some more awareness and/or to stir things up again.

There has been a slew of "Tomorrow I'm starting 'such and such cycle' and I was wondering............"

I know that we discussed the virtues of teaching and sharing before. I am still of the school of thought:
    Quote Originally Posted by b5150
    "We can feed them fish, or teach them to be fishermen"
    If you are wondering...then the only thing you should be starting is research.

</rant>

7. There seems to be an influx with the impending ban of newbies (not to be condescending) asking these sorts of questions. I have no problem helping it's when they don't help themselves that I have a problem with. Or when they show an attitude b/c they "heard" something otherwise.

8. Unbreakable

BUMP!!!
  9. Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    No the overall tone of the board has not changed but we as admin and mods need help to combat this.. I have been banning and correcting a ton more than I used to lately so please feel free to correct misconceptions and address anything you feel needs to be addressed.
    Last edited by David Dunn; 09-14-2005 at 02:00 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    reading this thread reminds me that most of the issues discussed in this thread over a year ago are even more relevant today. with the influx of designer steroids into the market it's hard for people to differentiate between a harmful and a useless product. Just open up FLEX and look in the back. you'll see ads for methyl this and 17aa that mixed in with the usual muscletech garbage and the other useless supplements.

11. Agreed. Good idea bumping the thread B. Very relevant.

12. I missed this thread the first time around. I am very proud to read it though. Don't laugh, I manage a Hollister Clothing store. I play big, big brother to 75 odd kids. I deal with poor decision making youths all the time. Kids doing what they do, jumping into an unfilled pool.

It will always be difficult to balance the successful athlete who is driven to research, and the kid who wants quick easy answers. I feel it is our duty to show a better path. Instead of saying DO MORE RESEARCH!!! (Followed by please lay off the caps!) I try to write down the key words. Sometimes we can answer the same question in a sentence, sometimes we can show the right path in a sentence.

In my youth I would have given anything to have known about a board like AM. We don't provide answers here, we illuminate paths. We show you the door. The answers must come from you in the end.

This board is full of people who have asked themselves many of the same questions, and searched many of the same questions. And so it is our purpose, to show others- the way it is done.

The mods do a great, tough job here. Balancing law, ethics, and mass amounts of info. I try to treat everyone here as though I know them. A community that looks out for the most jacked and inspiring, to the hungriest and perspiring. I take pride in using and sharing what I learn here. I'm proud to be a member. End of rant, sob, snot, cough...

Am I my brother's keeper? Yes I am.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html

13. Good thread! I hope the people who read this realize one thing. There is NO substitute for hard work and diet. It took me four years to realize this myself. What you do now will effect you down the road. I guess this is my two cents: if you think you are 100% sure you know what your doing, do more research.

14. yeah, incredibly relevant stuff. Good for all to review (or see for the first time!) Props to AM and all who dwell herein!

15. Youth is wasted on the young....I wish I knew then what I know now.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Brfish
    Youth is wasted on the young....I wish I knew then what I know now.
    What do you know now?
  17. Unbreakable

"I wish to God I didn't know now the things I didn't know then"
  18. Unbreakable

Bump...

...for the boat-load of newbie posts that flood this place with the surge of the newbie OTC methylated steroids and ban rumors.

Keep this in mind when many of us are not as excited as some of you are when the newest and best-est steroid is made available at all our favorite retail outlets.

Or when you start a thread that says, dudes...I'm stocking up...what should I get.

Remember, we're the dummies...not you.

19. Quote Originally Posted by B5150

Fast forward to today. We have 20-21yr olds weighing in at 145-165lb advising other 145-165lb kids who want to get huge by doing this or that methyl. Kids who don't know how to eat or train right. Kids who have trained for the first time in their lives now wanting to take steroids.

2 huge problems in my generation. (i'm 17)

1. Work ethic, or lack of. This leads into problem #2
    2. Jealousy

Problem #1) Your DAMN RIGHT when you say kids these days are lazy. I agree. We have everything handed to us. 80% of us either go home and sleep or play XBOX for hours after school.

This isnt just on a physical level. How in the hell is India and China pumping out better students out of college than the US? Not like we dont have the technology, were just lazy.

Problem #2) Why do islamic terrorist hate us? There jealous of your country. We have supermarkets and movies, they have sand, and more sand.

Why did hitler hate the jews? Jealousy. They had money, they (the nazi party) didn't.

Why do kids my age want to take roids? This is more complicated. Basically, they see big kids like me and the get, you guessed it, jealous. They respond in 1 of 4 ways.

1) Work ethic- re-read my above passages if you that thats going to happen a lot.

2) denial- "That kid is only big because he takes steroids" they think, so they give up before they even start to get in shape.

3) they get desperate- They take seroids/ph's

4) worst of all, a deep, dark depression- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death of those under 21. I'm willing to bet that most of these are caused by poor body image.

This would all be prevented if kids wernt so damn lazy.

20. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    Advertising reigns supreme over safety and truth

What do you mean, if its on TV, its gotta be true
  21. Unbreakable

22. Quote Originally Posted by B5150
    Bump...

...for the boat-load of newbie posts that flood this place with the surge of the newbie OTC methylated steroids and ban rumors.
    True.

Lets all get excited about Methoxy-this and Halo-that... untested, unproven, and uncertain substances...

In fact... let's all buy a bunch. Why not?

23. Unbreakable

bump

24. The biggest problem w/ BBing is the percepion that EVERYONE can become huge by lifting weights and popping pills. The two important factors in BBing are patience and dedication.

It is so bizarre to me that every person thinks by lifting a weight that they will explode w/ mass and can become a pro. I would like someone to tell me any endeavor that he/she can become the best in the world after only a few months. I am pretty sure that no person thinks they can play in the NFL after starting to play football when they are in their mid-20s...

25. From my point of view, being only 20 yrs. old, I don't like the idea of relying on supplements for gains off the bat. It really makes me angry when I'm browsing a few forums and read posts by guys who are 17-20 saying they know the dangers, but want to do it anyway. Why not spend the money on some good food, and learn to lift properly, and use minimal supps. I've only been seriously lifting now for abt 2 months and I've def. noticed a change from eating clean and working out with a good program.

Just my .02- I don't want to touch any methyl-this or that for a loong time. No thank you.
    "A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most." -George Bernard Shaw

26. Quote Originally Posted by bow
    There seems to be an influx of threads of late relating to people under the age of 21 taking anabolics or equally insane, people will minimal training experience (especially those people under the age of 30) taking PHs or steroids to improve gains.

I know this has all been pointed out before, but I believe it needs to be reiterated. First, if you are taking PHs or steroids and are under the age of 21, you are playing Russian Roulette. What is most concerning is that you are still growing and f*cking with your hormones. Your hormones peak at about age 18. Most of us would kill to have the same amount of natural test and igf-1 floating around our systems without having to engage in exogenous hormones. Take advantage of it. Train your ass off and you will grow. Aside from irreversible htpa damage, you run the risk of stunting your growth via premature growth plate closure, inducing gynecomastia (bitch tits) and accelerating the probability and growth of certain cancers.

Second, if you are over the age of 21 and are considering taking PHs or steroids and are relatively new to training, don't even consider it. You should be absolutely sure you have exhausted all means of progress via proper training, rest and diet. If you are not sure, you are not ready. Research. If you still are not sure, hire Bobo.

I see people who are beginning cycles with only a couple months of consistent training. This is insane. Very simply, your htpa never fully recovers after a cycle of exogenous hormones. Whenever you exceed normal physiological levels of any androgen for an extended period of time, you are going to do some irreversible damage. The purpose of PCT is to minimize that damage. But be sure, you are doing damage (regardless of age). At or near the age of 28, our bodies hormone levels being to decline. If you are under the age of 28, why accelerate this process? If you can make progress without the assistance of PHs or steroids, why engage in their use and accelerate what will be your body's ability to naturally produce hormones? Only if you have trained consistently for several years, have exhausted all means of progress via proper training, diet and rest and are experiencing an unusually prolonged plateau should you even consider such avenues.
    I think this should be posted every time a teenager asks about anabolics here (right before the thread gets locked).

27. I think in general society has a miracle pill for everything. Why is a teenager guilty of ignorant use of PH when their parents at home take lipitor for high colesterol while they eat extra buttered popcorn on the couch. Hollywood has one of the most powerful effect on influential minds, all this is a world of botox, colonics, plastic surgery and last but not least designer eating disorders. Has anyone noticed how drug use in general has changed. Kids dont just smoke pot and munch out, crystal meth is disturbing, excstacy is widely used, and binge drinking is the norm. I am the only person in my family who knows about any sort of supplements, i continually try to educate my family but they seem so sceptical of supplements because of the medias perception of sports supplemnts. I think the coverage by the governments in north america is lacking to say the least and definetely inadequate. They IMO have managed to scare away people from supplements and opened up a new door for kids looking for something to get on. There has always been influential children looking to do whatever is inthe media, smoking proves it everyday. If an actor did juice in a movie think of how that made you feel, the music was all tense like you know its wrong and its goona catch up to him soon enough. But when someones smoking its pure exstacy and they love every second of it, so its implied that its ok and COOL people smoke. I think our perspective as people loooking to learn about our bodies and tap in to the fountain of physical youth is gracious with pure in tent of correcting the problems started somwhere else. Once they get here atleast they have a chance at making informed decisions. The problem IMO is not this forum and its advice or number of posts in any section its everyday life and this is a lifeline for someone swiming through the sewer of life. Dont scorn idiots, newbs or kids dont push them away, offer help. Weve all been young, uninformed, or out classed, but we never want to feel stupid isolated or small. AM helping to fix everyones problems one post at a time.

28. Great post Somewhat!

When I think about what my knowledge and attitide towards supplements and diet was 15 years ago..I shudder.

29. I just ran across this thread searching for something else.
    B5150 nailed the title on this one. It looks like the problem is getting worse instead of better as far as younger guys jumping into cycles.
    The MODS here do a great job trying to educate and keep these kids from making mistakes that could last a lifetime, but there is only so much they can do.
    You just cannot afford to advise a teen how to use steroids or PH's, even though you know some of them are going to cycle regardless of the reasons we tell them not to.
  30. Unbreakable

With the tremendous influx of new board members this is so much more relevant. So many very inexperienced first time users sharing their (in)experience with other first time users is becoming epidemic. Experience means nothing without knowledge and knowledge means nothing without wisdom. Steroids are not dangerous in the hands of mature, intelligent, knowledgeable, safe users. Unfortunately there are far too few of these coming of age lately.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. methylated steroids and hepatoxicity
    By R1187 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 03:36 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 09:45 PM
  3. Methyl steroids and your liver!
    By ezza in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 01:55 AM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 11:02 PM
  5. The neccessity of HCG, and methyl 1-test?
    By Tiabin in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2003, 09:27 PM