How to gauge weight gain on cycle?

Castor87

Castor87

Awards
Hey guys,

Running my first cycle of h-drol at the moment and I was wondering what the best to judge your gains would be? I'm used to gaining very slowly, trying to get around 1-2lbs a month because I like to keep it very slow. Obviously with AAS/PH's this changes a bit. I'm eating the same amount as I would usually on my slow bulking diet (about 20% above maintenance) and so far I've gained ~4lbs in 10 days which has got to be mostly water/glycogen.

What I would like to know is how do you make sure you're eating enough to build new lean tissue without putting on excess fat? I don't want to waste my cycle by not eating enough, however I can't afford to get fat as I do a lot of modelling work and have shoots sprung on me very sporadically. I guess my question is that while "enhanced" is there a set amount that you should aim to gain on a weekly basis that factors in water/glycogen weight in some way? I only ever weighed myself every 2-4 weeks while still natural because the rate of gains were purposely very slow, but it was easy to judge if I was eating too much or not enough.

Thanks!

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
That is gonna vary person to person. Honestly, I would use the mirror to judge how its going. Assuming your at a low bf%, your gonna see when your eating too much and can adjust accordingly. Up the food and grow!

Kekkuk

Kekkuk

Awards
I use a scale that tells me my bf %. Not perfect but close.

Castor87

Castor87

Awards
That is gonna vary person to person. Honestly, I would use the mirror to judge how its going. Assuming your at a low bf%, your gonna see when your eating too much and can adjust accordingly. Up the food and grow!
Yeah that's what I normally do, I was wondering if that changes at all while on or not though due to smoothing out a bit. I'm sitting around 6-8% at the moment and never like going above 8%. At the moment I'm holding striated quads and boxed glutes, so I can EASILY tell when I've gained or lost haha.

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya... I've found that the cleaner I eat, the less issue I have with bloat and or fat gain, but i always use mirror to judge progress, being that water weight is deceiving. Sounds like you got a handle on it, so eat, lift, grow!!!

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you are that lean -- and you are responsive to androgens , then you can UNDER-EAT and just get sharper and harder while maintaining weight or at least holding onto muscle. So if you model and need to stay trim and tight, just eat slightly above maintenance and BF% will not be an issue. Hdrol does not put on lots of bloat so you should be good to go.

If you have photoshoots AndroHard v3 would be perfect to aid in a cosmetic benefit when single digit BF%. High AR binding will give the muscles a dense , tighter appearance.

-Matt

dylangemelli

dylangemelli

Banned
Awards
bro, ive been modeling for over six years... I am like the most weight conscious freak you will ever meet, so it was difficult for me when I started cycling because I was so worried about gaining weight... my body fat has dropped and I have gained nearly 15 lbs... so it can be done... it depends on your diet and your training... i am eating nearly 3500 calories a day but its totally clean man... your not going to have a lot of water retention using hdrol... I can say this... you should kick in forma stanzol mid cycle... that really helped to shred me up more during cycle... also, i do a ton of cardio... now some people think that cardio is not beneficial but i have shown that you can still make gains while doing it... check out my diet http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/190777-dylan-gemellis-helladrol.html... this could give you some help as well... if you need any help at all, let me know...

Hey guys,

Running my first cycle of h-drol at the moment and I was wondering what the best to judge your gains would be? I'm used to gaining very slowly, trying to get around 1-2lbs a month because I like to keep it very slow. Obviously with AAS/PH's this changes a bit. I'm eating the same amount as I would usually on my slow bulking diet (about 20% above maintenance) and so far I've gained ~4lbs in 10 days which has got to be mostly water/glycogen.

What I would like to know is how do you make sure you're eating enough to build new lean tissue without putting on excess fat? I don't want to waste my cycle by not eating enough, however I can't afford to get fat as I do a lot of modelling work and have shoots sprung on me very sporadically. I guess my question is that while "enhanced" is there a set amount that you should aim to gain on a weekly basis that factors in water/glycogen weight in some way? I only ever weighed myself every 2-4 weeks while still natural because the rate of gains were purposely very slow, but it was easy to judge if I was eating too much or not enough.

Thanks!

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Cardio makes my nuts shrink more while on cycle... its true :D

ManBeast

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Pull-ups are my method of seeing if my gains are muscle or fat, along with measurements and weight.