Wendler's 5/3/1 with anabolics?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I see a lot of guys on here doing 5/3/1 and I have done a good amount of reading about the program. It is deff something I am considering trying as a long term workout split. My question is how would one work in oral cycles with the program? It seems to be geared towards natural lifters. Would you just get rid of the deload phase or jump up faster in weight? Or would you change nothing? Anyone who has experience with 5/3/1 and PH use please chime in. Thanks!

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
I have used 5/3/1 with real AAS and ph's. A great program on androgens or not! Androgens + 5/3/1 I made major improvements across the board. Still did the deload week, but not every scheduled deload. Can't wait to start 5/3/1 back up soon! I have been unable to since my surgery.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for your experience. How did you get injured if you don't mind me asking? And could you be a little more specific on how you might change the program on androgens? I was thinking if it is structured to increase 10 lbs lower body and 5 lbs upper basically every 4 weeks does that mean you might increase this more on androgens..perhaps 20 and 10 lbs for lower and upper body? And you still did the deloads..but you didnt do some of them? And was there a specific template for someone who wanted maximal size gains with the strength gains? I want strength but I also want to build more size (who doesnt lol). Sorry for all the questions just so new to the program

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
TBH, most strength programs are FOR people who are using. Almost all the training manuals out there are for those that use anyway. In all honestly, I don't see HOW layne norton trains the way he does lol. Rodja run a 531/WSBB type of routine as stated in the book/site and makes no modifications while on. I remember following his Ultradrol log and he still ran the same amount of volume and weights. I believe he might have not deloaded completely though. (Though he was also on a inj cycle with Var i believe)

5/3/1 is good because for the natural athlete it has ways to "fix" itself to work, along with those who use. I would use that type of training if I could guarantee a spotter every time I lift. but lifting at home has it's disadvantages... one of um is if I fail a lift.... I will most likely die.... hehe...

BigKrabbe

BigKrabbe

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for your experience. How did you get injured if you don't mind me asking? And could you be a little more specific on how you might change the program on androgens? I was thinking if it is structured to increase 10 lbs lower body and 5 lbs upper basically every 4 weeks does that mean you might increase this more on androgens..perhaps 20 and 10 lbs for lower and upper body? And you still did the deloads..but you didnt do some of them? And was there a specific template for someone who wanted maximal size gains with the strength gains? I want strength but I also want to build more size (who doesnt lol). Sorry for all the questions just so new to the program
I had a hernia from when I was a little kid. Finally decided to have it repaired June of last year, haven't started training heavy again yet. I like doing 5/3/1 and then 2 high rep accessory exercises to get a good pump, and hopefully some hyoertrophy in there too. Yes, I would try to increase 10 lbs vs. 5lbs. I did the deloads sometimes..and sometimes I didn't..however even on cycle I think the deloads are smart.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
TBH, most strength programs are FOR people who are using. Almost all the training manuals out there are for those that use anyway. In all honestly, I don't see HOW layne norton trains the way he does lol. Rodja run a 531/WSBB type of routine as stated in the book/site and makes no modifications while on. I remember following his Ultradrol log and he still ran the same amount of volume and weights. I believe he might have not deloaded completely though. (Though he was also on a inj cycle with Var i believe)

5/3/1 is good because for the natural athlete it has ways to "fix" itself to work, along with those who use. I would use that type of training if I could guarantee a spotter every time I lift. but lifting at home has it's disadvantages... one of um is if I fail a lift.... I will most likely die.... hehe...
I wish people were more honest about what the workout was meant for...natural vs geared weight lifters. Everyone is so damn mysterious nowadays because of the law and it really makes things confusing for me lol. I don't really have a partner where I lift either :( I just ask random people and tell them exactly what to do lol

I had a hernia from when I was a little kid. Finally decided to have it repaired June of last year, haven't started training heavy again yet. I like doing 5/3/1 and then 2 high rep accessory exercises to get a good pump, and hopefully some hyoertrophy in there too. Yes, I would try to increase 10 lbs vs. 5lbs. I did the deloads sometimes..and sometimes I didn't..however even on cycle I think the deloads are smart.
You were able to manage having a hernia for that long? I guess it wasnt that painful just an annoyance? Yeah I guess deloads are a good idea regardless gota let your body recover for the next increase.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yea. All magazine routines I assume are routines best done on cycle lol. But as far as will it work? Yea they should. Is it optimal? Probably not.

I have a hernia as well. Umbilical hernia. Since birth. Another reason why I am always careful. :)

Not having a partner is rough. Sux working out alone... I've been for quite some time now. ...

Newtonselite

Newtonselite

Awards
  • Established
I have a hernia also, in my lower right groin area, been nursing that bad boy for around 6yrs now hahaha. Gives me a lil pain from time to time, but it sure as hell makes you make sure you have perfect form!! I just got put onto these things called tissue salts, some homeopathic ****, supposed to help heal the tissue in the hernia area or some crap, I dunno what ever i still take em. cant make things worse lol....