CEE and cycling...

hethcliff

Awards
  • Established
are there any toxicity worries with CEE or is it just like monohydrate in the sense that you don't have to cycle it and can pretty much stay on for as long as you please?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
just kidney stones, the same issue as the monohydrate, it really should be cycled

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Hethcliff, I'd say 8 weeks, if you use 10+ g/day. If you use smaller doses, you could go longer. Drink a lot of water and you may not even have to worry. It seems to run in families. Creatine citrate is a form that is nice to the kidneys, but I get UTI's after about 6 weeks, so I always use it for shorter periods. Most guys don't have any prob if they stay well hydrated.

hethcliff

Awards
  • Established
Hethcliff, I'd say 8 weeks, if you use 10+ g/day. If you use smaller doses, you could go longer. Drink a lot of water and you may not even have to worry. It seems to run in families. Creatine citrate is a form that is nice to the kidneys, but I get UTI's after about 6 weeks, so I always use it for shorter periods. Most guys don't have any prob if they stay well hydrated.

cee is only supposed to be like 3 grams a day. i think i'll give it a go for 8 weeks :)

thx again

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
no prob, let me know how the ester is (I haven't tried it yet)

darius

VPX Cex is working pretty well for me so far. Like day 5 or so and I can feel the pumps. The pumps arn't as great as m4ohn, but its still good. No noticible strength gains or anything yet though.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I thought the cycling theory for creatine was a marketing tactic by the supplement companies. Unless, the kidney stones issue comes into play.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah, aren't there studies that say long-term use of creatine is safe? i keep reading that cycling is not necessary for a healthy male.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I thought the cycling theory for creatine was a marketing tactic by the supplement companies. Unless, the kidney stones issue comes into play.
Your right, I think it's marketing BS too. Charles Poliquin suggests that you obtain better results cycling it, although he admits it shouldn't be necessary. I just seem to be susceptible to the kidney problems with chronic use, that's why I cycle it.

Stingray

Awards
I would think that the body would get use to the dose and it would become ineffective after a time.

Just a thought.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I would think that the body would get use to the dose and it would become ineffective after a time.

Just a thought.
For some compounds I agree. However, creatine is naturally found in red meat at low doses. I look at it as kind of like protein, which is also naturally found in meats. Protein does not become ineffective after time. I have never heard of tolerence levels being an issue for creatine consumption. I do see a lot of people over-dosing it though. It is suggested that 10 grams is the maximum intake per day. Anything more is wasted, or kidney problems arise, etc.

I think the cycling issue was also marketed to give you the positive effects in the first couple of weeks, such as the pumps. That way people buy more, and do their loading phases all over again. When you use it for a year straight, such as I have, the pumps are not so noticeable because you have become used to it everyday. Kinda like seeing yourself in the mirror everyday and trying to find the changes made. Where as someone who hasn't seen you in a couple of months stands there in disbelief over the progess you have made.