how to find a good endo

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I'm searching for a new Endocrinologist. The one I have now refuses to prescribe AI's and thinks keeping my test around 200 is ideal. I'd rather go about things in an above board fashion, but this is my 2nd endo and looking for my third. Not sure how to go about finding a free thinking progressive endo that won't mind getting me toward the upper level of normal rather than just scrape the bottom end of normal...... any suggestions?

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I have insurance,,, would much rather go that route,,, I have a legitimate need for hrt ....my original blood test was below 200, I just want to be in the upper range of normal not scraping the low end!!

V

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
i would care much more about symptoms than numbers on a test. instead of saying "i want my test to come back at the top of the range" just focus on the symptoms that are not being alleviated. that might help you with your next endo.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I got my AI covered...also found a good source for HCG,,, just want a higher dose of test,,,,

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
I got my AI covered...also found a good source for HCG,,, just want a higher dose of test,,,,
You need to tell this doc you still feel bad, lethargy, tiredness, all those low test symptoms, tell him you feel like crap and if they don't bump your dose then you will find a doctor who will work with you do you can feel better and be happy again blah blah blah

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I believe he was talking more on the lines of Transaderm.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I believe he was talking more on the lines of Transaderm.
Right now I'm prescribed 100mg test Cyp a week and my endo won't raise it,,, so I'm looking for a new endo

V

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I am curious...do you want a higher dose of test....or do you actually have specific symptoms that need to be addressed?

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
I am curious...do you want a higher dose of test....or do you actually have specific symptoms that need to be addressed?
Looking for a higher dose for Anabolic and over all mood, attitude, and fitness etc etc reasons,,, on my current dose I feel "fine" but who wants to settle for "fine?"

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
The vast majority of the medical community.

ManBeast

V

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
Looking for a higher dose for Anabolic and over all mood, attitude, and fitness etc etc reasons,,, on my current dose I feel "fine" but who wants to settle for "fine?"
So its not a symptomatic complaint....sounds like an anti-aging clinic is in order, I just can't see most endocrinologists giving you higher doses if there are not symptoms to back their decision.

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
So its not a symptomatic complaint....sounds like an anti-aging clinic is in order, I just can't see most endocrinologists giving you higher doses if there are not symptoms to back their decision.
Lmao..... it's all in how you present yourself,,, I have insurance,, legitimately, naturally low test due to a testicular tumor as a child, 160 prior to initial treatment,,,, why in the hell would I pay thousands to an anti aging clinic,,, and why in hell would I settle for bare bones bottom of normal,,,, 200 is normal for a man in his 70's..... that's where my current endo said she wanted me.... I'll just go from doctor to doctor to another doctor until I find one that'll work with me to get me to a high normal.... nothing illegal, unethical, unhealthy or immoral about doing that!!!

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
i think alot of the medical community believe higher test levels are linked to prostate issues and possibly cancer.
With the correct balance of meds and hormones, the chances of prostate issues are slim to none ... it's when people self medicate without doing labs or just guessing that they run into issues.... which is why I want to do this right,, under a doctors watch,,, but without settling for less

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I agree with you grngo, I'm sorry you are having such a rough time finding a good endo, might want to check in the anti-aging subforum to see if anyone can help there as well.

ManBeast

grngoloco

grngoloco

Awards
Actually I was given some advice to call a compounding pharmacy and ask for suggestions on physicians...
The pharmacist gave me a list of over ten doctors, that are in network of my insurance company, that regularly prescribe higher doses of testosterone.... have my first appointment with the first one next week... if me and him don't see eye to eye, I'll just work my way down the list until I find one I can work with... if not I'll start on a new list ..... hahahahaha
I've never been one to settle for the cheap seats!!!