Shorter cycles?

Cwaynemash

Cwaynemash

Awards
I was reading an article on shorter cycles. It basically said that you need same recovery time as the length of your cycle; 12 weeks on, 12 weeks off. The author said a better approach would b a shorter cycle @ a higher dose; 6 weeks on, 6 off. Your gains wont b as extreme but you are more likely to keep what you gained & your body will have an easier time recovering. What do y'all think? Legit or just some "broscience"? Also, would this cycle work for a newbie such as myself- I'm 2 weeks into my first cycle of test cyp(600 mg a week). Got my tamoxifen for pct & letro for any estrogen issues on cycle. Really sketched out about damaging my natural test production( been reading horror stories!) lol.I'm 28 & been training for a little over 10 years off & on.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I don't think the time on is nearly as important as the rate of gains over said time.

A mild dosed Test/EQ cycle for 16 weeks adding 20 lbs of muscle (i.e a bit over a pound a week).
vs a 4 week cycle of superdrol adding 20 lb (i.e. 5 pounds a week).

The body has had a lot more time to acclimate to the new muscle and chances of holding it are higher.

ManBeast