Labcorb blood testing.. who used

T

Tboz

Banned
Awards
Was going to try using them and had some questions. My doctor needed my free and total test levels checked. Is that covered in the hormone panel for women? I Seen many different tests that will test for total and free levels do I need to get one of these

Has anyone had anyproblems with using them???

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
my lipid panel and liver function test results came from labcorp. i had no issues with them. not really sure why there would be any issues. if your doctor wants you to get your test levels checked, wouldnt he write you an order for your a blood test (listing the specific test he wants you to get) and tell you where you would be able to get the blood test done at? thats how its worked in my experience. maybe im misunderstanding your question or something

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Under a general panel it should have them both. Is it different for women? I have no idea, ask LabCorp or your doctor.

Are you asking what to order fr labs? Just order a panel that has what you need done and correlates with why your trying to get testing. IM really not sure how to answer

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If your doctor wants lab work then he will write you a script for whatever he wants done.

If you are trying to check your hormone levels without a doctor then I assume you are referring to privatemdlabs.com? If so then the female hormone testing panel would suffice and is reasonably priced. If you want a more in depth panel then go with the male hormone testing panel

T

Tboz

Banned
Awards
I was trying to ask if my free and total test levels will be included in the hormone panel for women. I looked at it and didn't see that test levels was included. My doctor gave me what he wanted tested (free and total test) I just don't have insurance and trying to find the cheapest way to get this tested. They had many different test for testosterone. Levels

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was trying to ask if my free and total test levels will be included in the hormone panel for women. I looked at it and didn't see that test levels was included. My doctor gave me what he wanted tested (free and total test) I just don't have insurance and trying to find the cheapest way to get this tested. They had many different test for testosterone. Levels
If I remember correctly the female hormone panel from privatemdlabs.com does not include free test so if you are set on it including free test then the male hormone panel is prolly the option you want. Also, I believe you can add on additional testing as well so you may be able to get by with the female hormone panel and then adding free test to it if that is more cost effective then the male hormone panel.

Go to the website, everything is listed there.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Thats true. Many states now offer Direct Access Testing through certain companies like LabCorp. The only downfall is, unless you have some premium healthcare, you cant go through your insurance.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
he can go to a labcorp office and ask for any test he wants.
Thats true. Many states now offer Direct Access Testing through certain companies like LabCorp. The only downfall is, unless you have some premium healthcare, you cant go through your insurance.
Not sure what labcorp you guys are going to but as far as I know Labcorp will not perform any test without a requisition form from a physician (I have tried)

From the labcorp website (https://www.labcorp.com/wps/portal/patient/mytest)

"Can I order my own tests directly from LabCorp?

Lab testing must be ordered by a licensed health care professional or authorized designee."
This is why you have to either get a script from your doctor or get a requisition from a company like myprivatemd.com and even then some states (like NJ) force testing facilities to require a script from a physician and will not accept one from privatemdlabs.com

S

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
the 50 dollar female hormone panel only shows total T. free T isn't included.

if that's what you were wondering

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, grammatical confusion. I didnt mean LabCorp offers that, they dont. I was saying laboratory facilities similar to the services of a Quest or LabCorp. I doubt Quest does. You gotta find a small company. But it is all law based on which states allow it and what your can order.

T

Tboz

Banned
Awards
I found what I was looking for I called privatelabsand they helped me out.. Im going in tomorrw morning for the blood tests. I will be getting my free and total test levels check, I also ordered my prolactin test as well... I found a cupon and I only paid $113.00

Ill post up the results when i get them in

T

Tboz

Banned
Awards
I called quest the wanted 275 just for the testosterone test.. Way tooo expensive

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I found what I was looking for I called privatelabsand they helped me out.. Im going in tomorrw morning for the blood tests. I will be getting my free and total test levels check, I also ordered my prolactin test as well... I found a cupon and I only paid $113.00
Thats an awesome price for the package.

$275, i should open a lab.
I work in hematology. A complete cell count costs anywhere from $30-90... i takes me all of 30 seconds I just plop on a machine. Unless, of course, I have to go under the scope and review it. Now its $200 because you took up 5 minutes of my time.