Hemroid flareup on cycle?

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
This is pretty emberrasing but I have to ask if it could be related or if anyones had this bad experience I've heard of prostate swelling on cycle.

Last few years I've gotten the occasional blood on the tp with a little soreness in the area and always thought if that hemroids then no big deal. I WAS WRONG! Last 2 nights in the middle of the night I woke up to crap an immediately after the worst pain ever. Like I'm getting stabbed I the ass with razor blades while rubbing alcohol is being dumped on it simultaneously.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:O

Uh, I recommend you see a doctor, and yes, androgens will make it worse.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I second the doctor visit. Ouch.

srblan

Awards
  • Established
I predict rubber gloves (and a colonoscopy if it turns out to not be hemorrhoids) in your future. Let's hope it's just hemorrhoids. Definitely want to find a GI doctor.

If you're feverish or start vomiting, get to an ER.

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
This is pretty emberrasing but I have to ask if it could be related or if anyones had this bad experience I've heard of prostate swelling on cycle.

Last few years I've gotten the occasional blood on the tp with a little soreness in the area and always thought if that hemroids then no big deal. I WAS WRONG! Last 2 nights in the middle of the night I woke up to crap an immediately after the worst pain ever. Like I'm getting stabbed I the ass with razor blades while rubbing alcohol is being dumped on it simultaneously.
I am prone to hemorrhoids. I get em especially after I have to use the Dirty Harry toilet paper they have at restaurants, schools, and gas stations. By Dirty Harry toilet paper, I mean it's rough, tough, and won't take sh1t off of anybody.

I invest in the good stuff personally. TP that's extra padded with aloe. Clean yourself properly while in the shower too. Also, hemorrhoid cream is cheap and great for treating the symptoms. Should reduce swelling, itchiness, and pain. From personal experience, I'd say it should heal within a couple days. If it doesn't respond to OTC treatment and is chronic I'd go see the doc.

MuscleMD

MuscleMD

Awards
Internal hemmoroids= blood + little to no pain, external hemmoroids= little to no blood+ your razors and alcohol.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Internal hemmoroids= blood + little to no pain, external hemmoroids= little to no blood+ your razors and alcohol.
Yeah I had the internal symptoms up until two days ago off n on for years. But last two nighttime flare ups were horrible.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I am prone to hemorrhoids. I get em especially after I have to use the Dirty Harry toilet paper they have at restaurants, schools, and gas stations. By Dirty Harry toilet paper, I mean it's rough, tough, and won't take sh1t off of anybody.
Yea I'm pretty sure the rough tp kicked it off. I was at a sushi resteraunt Sunday eve and took a dump and they had by far the worst I've ever used. I walked out of the bathroom lookin like a gunfighter with spurs on about to draw! My wife just looked at me and said "awww no". My expression looked like my dog jus died and my eyes were watering up.... I like that dirty Harry reference. Humor always helps dealing with pain.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
:O

Uh, I recommend you see a doctor, and yes, androgens will make it worse.
Luckily I start a job next week that has medical insurance. This will be added to the top of my laundry list of things to check when My insurance begins. Haven't had a full physical in since I left the service in 2000. I'm waaaaaay overdue.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
u can buy medicated pads to wipe with. tucks or a generic. its just a pad with witchhazel on it. they're cheap. if u can find them they make a suppository with zinc oxide in it. it will help with the pain. prep h of course will help. it contains phenylephedrine to constrict the vessels.u can also buy a otc stool softner to take until the inflamation goes away.increasing ur fiber intake may help. i've had blood and pain before and it always goes away. my grandfather had surgery to remove his and he said he would rather die than have that done again. worst pain ever. that was back when they cut them out. they laser them nowdays.
Yeah I heard the surgery was awful. These recent sever flare ups are the first I've had of that magnitude. It caught me totally off guard. Im sure it was a funny site to see me hobbling up and down the hallway holding one cheek whimpering like a wounded dog! I got so pissed and frustrated at one point I ripped my boxers off and tossed em at my OL lady cus she kept saying relax relax relax! That did it we both dying laughing.

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
1) fiber as already mentioned. Easy on things that clog you up, like bread. Maalox is nice for a quick fix - take a swig before bed and your morning bm will come easy and be nice and broken up

2) preparation H... I still feel weird applying this to myself but it really does help with external hemorrhoid flareups. Dunno how much it helps internal roids, i think the internal anal sphincter is right above the external, so the cream should be able to reach it. Get the one with the applicator... It sucks, but it works

3) long term, if they wouldnt be embarrasing to have around, "adult" baby wipes can really save your goods some friction. However, flushing them can be an issue. Also, dont use in a flareup, as this can literally be applying alcohol to the wound

4) a general surgeon, or a proctologist (which have pretty much phased out of practice) are the ones to deal with intractable cases. Anything above the anus (rectum,sigmoid colon etc...) would be more GI. But your primary will prolly take care of the referral

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
1) fiber as already mentioned. Easy on things that clog you up, like bread. Maalox is nice for a quick fix - take a swig before bed and your morning bm will come easy and be nice and broken up

2) preparation H... I still feel weird applying this to myself but it really does help with external hemorrhoid flareups. Dunno how much it helps internal roids, i think the internal anal sphincter is right above the external, so the cream should be able to reach it. Get the one with the applicator... It sucks, but it works

3) long term, if they wouldnt be embarrasing to have around, "adult" baby wipes can really save your goods some friction. However, flushing them can be an issue. Also, dont use in a flareup, as this can literally be applying alcohol to the wound

4) a general surgeon, or a proctologist (which have pretty much phased out of practice) are the ones to deal with intractable cases. Anything above the anus (rectum,sigmoid colon etc...) would be more GI. But your primary will prolly take care of the referral
Thanx I'm ahead of you on 1-3 , a doctor visit is in the future when insurance kicks In

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
i had a bad case a few years ago and those zinc oxide suppositories worked best. i looked it up on drugs.com and it gave a list of brand names. i laughed at this one- Boudreaux Butt Paste lol i aint makin this up.
I don't care what it's called as long as it works! I'd toss some cocaine on it to numb it ! That would make for some odd drug dealer conversation.