If nolva has a half life of 5-7 days...

SPS

Awards
  • Established
Is that why some people get rebound gyno after PCT? Cause if 5-7 days is correct you will have a helluva lot of nolva in your system after your first week of PCT if you are taking it everyday.

It also makes think, I am always paranoid about taking SD because of the million, 'I got gyno from SD' threads. Has anyone considered taking nolva at a low dose, maybe E3D, especially if going to 30mg of SD? Or would that be a bad idea for other reasons?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
This possibility is why I'm a huge fan of something like Erase/Erase Pro during PCT to help lower the already high levels of estrogen without wiping them out completely. Taking nolva/clomid for longer than you have to in order to get the HPGA working again is not a good idea.

ManBeast

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
I believe the thinking behind post nolva gyno has to do with the ramping up of estrogen production your body does while on nolva. This seems counterintuitive at first, but remember nolva is theoretically blockin 99%+ of your receptors so it doesnt matter how much estrogen your body releases to try to restore equillibrium, youre still protected from estrogen binding to its receptors. The reason your body increases estrogen production is because, although we use nolva to block E recrptors in the muscle and breast tissue, there are also E receptors in your CNS that are basically sampling the blood for E levels. When you block these receptors, the body thinks your E blood levels are low and, as the body naturally tries to maintain dynamic equillibrium, increases E production (negative feedback).

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe the thinking behind post nolva gyno has to do with the ramping up of estrogen production your body does while on nolva. This seems counterintuitive at first, but remember nolva is theoretically blockin 99%+ of your receptors so it doesnt matter how much estrogen your body releases to try to restore equillibrium, youre still protected from estrogen binding to its receptors. The reason your body increases estrogen production is because, although we use nolva to block E recrptors in the muscle and breast tissue, there are also E receptors in your CNS that are basically sampling the blood for E levels. When you block these receptors, the body thinks your E blood levels are low and, as the body naturally tries to maintain dynamic equillibrium, increases E production (negative feedback).
And what should one do to stabilize levels? Slowly taper off nolva? Like really slow? 10mgs eod to 10mgs e4d? Or something?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is that why some people get rebound gyno after PCT? Cause if 5-7 days is correct you will have a helluva lot of nolva in your system after your first week of PCT if you are taking it everyday.

It also makes think, I am always paranoid about taking SD because of the million, 'I got gyno from SD' threads. Has anyone considered taking nolva at a low dose, maybe E3D, especially if going to 30mg of SD? Or would that be a bad idea for other reasons?
because gyno is caused from "multiple", again i'll say it, "MULTIPLE" hormonal imbalances, not just estrogen/testosterone.

using a serm only addresses these factors, and does nothing for the other hormones that are out of balance.

SPS

Awards
  • Established
And what should one do to stabilize levels? Slowly taper off nolva? Like really slow? 10mgs eod to 10mgs e4d? Or something?
I normally do 30 for the first 2 days, 20 the next 5, then 20/10/10. I think I am going to add in another week at 10 or 5 E2D or E3D and an ai starting the 3rd week and tapering down to finish 2 weeks after the nolva is done.
I have also decided when I run SD this summer I will do 10/20/20/30 and the first day of the last week take 10mg of nolva and maybe a otc ai ED or EOD

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
So if taking nolvadex 20 or 40mg a day...can you take that all in one time or you have split the dosage???

SPS

Awards
  • Established
because gyno is caused from "multiple", again i'll say it, "MULTIPLE" hormonal imbalances, not just estrogen/testosterone.

using a serm only addresses these factors, and does nothing for the other hormones that are out of balance.
I understand that there are MULTIPLE imbalances, but does gyno still boil down to estrogen binding to the receptors in your chest? Which the SERM would prevent?

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
Yes. Taper off, and also be on an AI for a good week or more after your last dose of nolva. Should just continue wjatever AI youre using in pct. i like erase or formastanzol

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Nolva wouldnt do much while on any cycle to prevent rebound gyno.

An AI will lower estrogen levels that are freed up from SHBG during steroid usage. Nolva will not, but in PCT it raises SHBG (necessary evil), and decreases estrone sulphate to a degree, which is then converted to estradiol. So control freed estrogen on cycle, then control estrone sulphate in PCT. Since the estrone sulphate isnt reduced too much, estradiol conversion will be reduced due to the AI in the middle.

In PCT you would want to start an AI in the middle, and end 5-7 days before you stop the serms.

You want 2 weeks of a SERM in your system before an AI, unless you have gyno going into PCT.
Tapering down on anything is always a good idea.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I understand that there are MULTIPLE imbalances, but does gyno still boil down to estrogen binding to the receptors in your chest? Which the SERM would prevent?
nope. it is more than that. sorry. but im not going to explain, because it'd fall on def ears, too much work for one person.