Antibiotics

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys...I've searched around and found a few differing opinions. Anyway what's going on is im 3 weeks into a cycle and I was prescribed an antibiotic today by my doc for a bacterial infection. The infection doesn't stop me from working out...but I dunno what to do about the antibiotic. Should I pct from here out? Should I wait it out and try to just go with Daa for the duration of the antibiotics?(1 week) or should I just continue on like normal? Thanks yall

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
What anti-biotic are you taking? On top of this have you tried to talk to your doctor about this?

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
Im on ciprofloxacin. I should have asked but I didn't. I was thinking...with clomid, would that be a bad idea to mix with the cipro too? So maybe ill just go on with Daa for the week and pick back up afterwards.

LikeMike

Awards
I'm interested in others opinion on this. I have been prescribed many types of antibiotics through the years for acne. I haven't ever been on cycle when taking the medication. I was always under the assumption that they can be hard on the liver if used for long periods of time. What type of antibiotic did he prescribe? How long do you have to take it?

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
Im just on for a week for a staph infection. At this point unless someone really can lay out a convincing reason to stay on, im gonna try and see how I do on just Daa for the week, them start back up after. I've seen a couple guys talking about using like minocycline while on cycle but I dunno what the consensus is.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I know having a z-pack or other antibiotic on hand is never a bad idea when you are doing an inject cycle in case you get an abcess, but I've never heard one way or the other on if its ok to run an antibioatic with a gear cycle, if they are both highly hepatoxic my inclination would be no.

ManBeast

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
Are you talking about an oral cycle? If were talking methyl, I would be a little concerned about taking cipro alongside it. Its (partially) metabolized in the liver and has been known to cause hepatotoxic reactions (some very serious) and or elevated LFTs.

I believe minocycline is a tetracycline, which would be less concerning liver-wise.

Ideally, if you dont have an irresistable urge to do so, then dont mix aas (esp methylated orals) with antibiotics.

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
If your plan is to go ahead and start PCT, there shouldn't be any drug interactions with the Clomid and Cipro. Clomiphene is metabolized by the CYP2D6 enzyme system and Ciprofloxacin is metabolized by your CYP1A2 system in your liver. Furthermore, they operate through distinct systems in your body that are not directly linked, so there shouldn't be an issue.

Honestly, I'd be a lot more worried about going through PCT for a week without a SERM. I think this is a much bigger negative than taking an antibiotic and a SERM together. I am glad that people have a genuine concern with drug interactions though. Anyway, I'd say your good to go and should start your PCT using your Clomid. You'd probably be just fine finishing out your cycle as well. Depending on which AAS you're taking, I doubt there's any enzyme or systemic overlap between the AAS and the Cipro. But if you're worried about it, go ahead and start your PCT, but definitely use your Clomid. Just my 0.02.

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the advice guys I really appreciate it. My cycle is lmg for 6 weeks with sd at 10mg's a day for 4 weeks. What say you to dropping the sd though and running the lmg still? Good or bad idea?

EDIT-i looked for info about the metabolism of lmg and couldn't find much...

jdj16

jdj16

Awards
  • Established
Im feeling that I should start pct tomorrow just to be safe and ensure nothing crazy happens. Thanks guys.