Informative Speech

Ethereal

Awards
I will be doing an informative speech on the subject of steroids and prohormones. I plan to breifly touch on such things such as the numerous doping incidents in the olympics and the balco scandal. I would also like to mention the different kinds of steroids, thier effects on the body, side effects, and PCT. I also plan to talk about the numerous legal steroid precursors on the market now. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to make my presentation better or if I should focus on certain points. Any advice would be extremely helpful?

Also if you know of any sites for research that would really help as well.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
just a small word of advice, don't come across as a gearhead or nobody will listen to you. you'll be written off as another "steroid-freak". try to address both sides of the issue, i guess i'm trying to say just let others make up there own minds. don't push them into it.

Ethereal

Awards
just a small word of advice, don't come across as a gearhead or nobody will listen to you. you'll be written off as another "steroid-freak". try to address both sides of the issue, i guess i'm trying to say just let others make up there own minds. don't push them into it.
It's not a persuasive speech. I am not putting my own opnions on the subject at all. I am simply giving the facts. I also don't think anyone would mistake me for a "gearhead", I am good sized and in good shape but I am in no way, shape or form a freak.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
It's not a persuasive speech. I am not putting my own opnions on the subject at all. I am simply giving the facts. I also don't think anyone would mistake me for a "gearhead", I am good sized and in good shape but I am in no way, shape or form a freak.

I think that what Chase is saying is that when you belong to a community such as this one, it is easy to come across as "bias" regardless of whether it's steroids or knitting. Re-read your speech and try to see it from a point of view that someone unrelated to BB'ing would see it. Try to keep it factual and non-biased. Otherwise, some people will turn it into a political debate and just piss you off.

You may not "look" like a gearhead but may be seen as a "gearhead supporter" if you don't keep it factual and present both the good and the bad about steroid use.

It sounds as though you are approaching this correctly so you should be fine. Maybe you could throw something about the use of GH and test therapy for aging. One theory that I've had for some time and now is being studied is the relation between youth (heal quickly, virile, agile, don't get sick a lot) and elderly (opposite of youth). If you were to take test readings from a youth and maintain them throughout their life, how would this effect cell structure and quality of life? There are some good studies out there currently which explore this and HRT is taking off (and making millions). I can't wait until people like me can afford it. Currently only Stallone, Arnold and the like are the ones who can afford it :rasp:

ronhillcft

Awards
You didn't mention who your audience is going to be. As a personal trainer who gives talks at the local community groups for over 10 years, I have to be careful to tailor my speech to whatever civic group I am talking to. For example, the generally all male Kawanis groups appreciate learning about exercise and nutrition from a standpoint of maintaining a youthful apperance and vitality, while female groups such as the womens league want to learn more about how they can fit a workout to keep the fat at bay in their busy lives. A talk about gut busting intensity would be lost on both of these groups, however. Know your audience and you can come across as an expert on the subject. Hope this helps.

Ethereal

Awards
You didn't mention who your audience is going to be. As a personal trainer who gives talks at the local community groups for over 10 years, I have to be careful to tailor my speech to whatever civic group I am talking to. For example, the generally all male Kawanis groups appreciate learning about exercise and nutrition from a standpoint of maintaining a youthful apperance and vitality, while female groups such as the womens league want to learn more about how they can fit a workout to keep the fat at bay in their busy lives. A talk about gut busting intensity would be lost on both of these groups, however. Know your audience and you can come across as an expert on the subject. Hope this helps.
My audience is going to consist of college students(male and female between the ages of 18 and 24) and whatever ever proffessor decides to attend.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
I think that what Chase is saying is that when you belong to a community such as this one, it is easy to come across as "bias" regardless of whether it's steroids or knitting.
bingo

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Of course to the average college student you probably are huge. I get wierd looks for taking a fu<k!ng lunch box to class so I can imaging what kind of looks you will get for even mentioning the word "steroids" without death or liver damage in the same sentence. Then it never fails even when you give the facts there is always that retard that says steroids make your penis shrink huh huh. I hate those ignorant people

Ethereal

Awards
Of course to the average college student you probably are huge. I get wierd looks for taking a fu<k!ng lunch box to class so I can imaging what kind of looks you will get for even mentioning the word "steroids" without death or liver damage in the same sentence. Then it never fails even when you give the facts there is always that retard that says steroids make your penis shrink huh huh. I hate those ignorant people
People always ask what I drink after I work out. I just say it's kool aid. But people don't understand how a guy who weighs 160 can bench press 265, squat 385, and deadlift 300. People even look at me weird for doing deadlifts, mostly because I am making so much noise.

But nutrition and steriods interest me. And I am always more then happy to teach and learn. That is why I was so happy when I was able to get a chance to teach the effects of steriods and prohormones, and since it is getting a lot of media attention, people are going to be interested.

So please, give advice, websites, sources. Or if you have any experiances or stories, I would love to hear them and will not use any of the information you give me unless you give me 100% consent to do so. Thank you.