SOY- FACT OR FICTION

Tbol

Awards
I have read several places that soy products will promote problems with gyno. Is this fact or fiction? Thanks!

dialtone

Awards
Fact!

Soy does contain estrogen-like substances and can lead to gyno. Case in point:

www . menshealth . com / nutrition / soys-negative-effects

You would have to be eating/drinking soy regularly to see these effects, but if you are on cycle, just avoid it. Better safe than sorry.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Crazy read and one of the main ingredients MHP uses.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
My doctor told me to stay away from soy. In addition, my girlfriend ( we are both over 40 FYI) can drink a high soy drink like milk or creamer and it gives her "hot flashes" within 15 minutes. So I would say based on that it has a real hormonal affect.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Too much negative talk, going to definitely stay away from it.

Guess I'd rather have maltodextrin than soy :)

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Yeah soy is the f*cking devil. I hate when companies use it in their protein powders.

Tbol

Awards
Thanks

I was thinking about buying a MHP product. Not anymore! Y'all are awesome!!! Thanks!!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I was thinking about buying a MHP product. Not anymore! Y'all are awesome!!! Thanks!!

I brought one I was a fool, won't buy anymore.

sakes

Awards
So, Im lactose intolerance but I NEED Soy milk for my shakes. Am I f*cked?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
According to that read probably so :)

But no really I think in moderation you should be ok.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

sakes

Awards
almond milk is so damn expensive, and mainly sold by the half gallon, which is what I drink a day.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
almond milk, hemp milk, coconut milk.

nutritionally the soy has more protein, but the others have good fats, Hemp and coconut my personal favorite for nutritional profile.

if on a cut then just almond milk and coconut milk as hemp milk has 19g carb per serving i believe

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

nutritionally the soy has more protein, but the others have good fats, Hemp and coconut my personal favorite for nutritional profile.

if on a cut then just almond milk and coconut milk as hemp milk has 19g carb per serving i believe
Hemp milk?? Do alot of places carry that?

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Hemp milk?? Do alot of places carry that?
traderjoes over by me does. i believe whole foods does as well.

wildernessfamilypoets dot com has hemp spreads n ****. not sure if they have the milk.

dialtone

Awards

Never heard of these milks... will check it out for sure!!

NonyaBidness

Awards
Why do you need it? I'm lactose intollerant too and I just use water. Cheaper, tastes better (IMO), and doesn't affect to estrogen. I've also used fruit juice in the past, but water works best. The shake is for protein, it doesn't have to be gourmet.

sakes

Awards
Why do you need it? I'm lactose intollerant too and I just use water. Cheaper, tastes better (IMO), and doesn't affect to estrogen. I've also used fruit juice in the past, but water works best. The shake is for protein, it doesn't have to be gourmet.
Ill buy the almond milk.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good Choice

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Yeah almond milk is legit, u can get the unsweetened kind too, if your watching carbs.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
I've been using water in my shakes for the past 6 years or so for 99% of the time. Coffee, Gatorade, milk, and eggnog have been good though. F soy; I hate how its in so many food products now. Metrx bars are sh*tty as they are contaminated with soy.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would imagine that soy protein ISOLATE should have no significant negative effects associated with soy intake. Reason being, if it's a protein isolate, it shouldn't have any of the phytoestrogens in soy. So it probably isn't a big deal as long as it's an isolate. Otherwise at worst its amino acid profile isn't as good. For vegetarian proteins, I believe gemma pea is very good.