New SARM GW-501516

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
anyone heard of this? I came across it on a Reaserch Chem site (which is extremely reputable) and this is a SARM i have never come across before- sounds somewhat similar to ostarine

here is the write up

FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION

GW-501516
(also known as GW-501,516,GW1516 or GSK-516) is a PPAR***948; modulator compound being investigated for drug use by GlaxoSmithKline.[1][2] It activates the same pathways activated through exercise, including PPAR***948; and AMP-activated protein kinase. It is being investigated as a potential treatment for obesity, diabetes, dyslipidemia and cardiovascular disease. [3] [4] GW-501516 has a synergistic effect when combined with AICAR: the combination has been shown to significantly increase exercise endurance in animal studies more than either compound alone. [5][6]

GW-50156 regulates fat burning through a number of widespread mechanisms [7]; it increases glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue and increases muscle gene expression, especially genes involved in preferential lipid utilization.,[8][9] [10] This shift changes the body's metabolism to favor burning fat for energy instead of carbohydrates or muscle protein, potentially allowing clinical application for obese patients to lose fat effectively without experiencing muscle catabolism or the effects and satiety issues associated with low blood sugar. [11] GW-501516 also increases muscle mass, which improved glucose tolerance and reduced fat mass accumulation even in mice fed a very high fat diet, suggesting that GW-501516 may have a protective effect against obesity [12]

It has been demonstrated at oral doses of 5 mg a day to reverse metabolic abnormalities in obese men with pre-diabetic metabolic syndrome, most likely by stimulating fatty acid oxidation.[13] Treatments with GW-501516 have been shown to increase HDL cholesterol by up to 79% in rhesus monkeys and the compound is now undergoing Phase II trials to improve HDL cholesterol in humans. [14]

Concerns were raised prior to the 2008 Beijing Olympics that GW-501516 could be used by athletes as a performance enhancing drug which was not currently controlled by regulations or detected by standard tests. One of the main researchers from the study on enhanced endurance consequently developed a urine test to detect the drug, and made it available to the International Olympic Committee.[15] The World Anti-Doping Agency has also begun work on a test GW-501516 and other related PPAR***948; modulators.,[16] and they have been added to the prohibited list from 2009 onwards.[17] The compound has yet to be named a controlled or prohibited substance by any nation's drug enforcement or regulation agency. To date, no athlete is known to have tested positive for the substance, though the increase in endurance, muscle fiber performance, fat loss and metabolism suggests GW-501516 has the potential for ergogenic use and abuse.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pat talked about this over at his forum. Said the stuff is great for endurance but horrible for strength.

pumpga

Awards
It has been getting great reviews at least one other board. Results starting almost immediately. No sides noticed by reviewers though I haven't seen anyone post bloodwork.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
This is not a SARM. It is a PPAR delta agonist not an androgen. Pat is right. good for endurance, will probably lower cholesterol but no evidence that I know of for anabolic action.​

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has been getting great reviews at least one other board. Results starting almost immediately. No sides noticed by reviewers though I haven't seen anyone post bloodwork.
Hmmm. Anyone report on suppression/dosing?
I can it being used on a hardening routine with very good results.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is not a SARM. It is a PPAR delta agonist not an androgen. Pat is right. good for endurance, will probably lower cholesterol but no evidence that I know of for anabolic action.​
funny the site is selling it under SARMs catagory. I have always had good interactions with these guys so maybe they are mistaken. it says that it regulates glucose uptake, and helps with fat oxidation- i am insulin resistant- so this would help me lean out perhaps?

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Like most people in this industry (supps, research chems) they either don't know what they are talking about or are deliberately lieing to sell more product. It doesn't take a science degree to buy raw materials from china, package them and sell them.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any studies or blood work on how suppressive PPARs are?
And uses?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
seth can you chime in about how this PPAR might help me reduce bodyfat via increased glucose uptake and fat oxidation? I am insulin resitant- just how effective would this product be?

pumpga

Awards
Hmmm. Anyone report on suppression/dosing?
I can it being used on a hardening routine with very good results.
Dosing was 10mg, nothing about suppression. It was an Ostarine and GW501516 cycle. Reviewer was seeing some gains while leaning out with increase in endurance.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
I honestly don't know. It was originally researched to reduce cholesterol and reduce body weight. It was effective in these regards but I know there were concerns at the time (2002 or so) that it might promote tumor growth.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's the no-work fat loss from the PPAR-beta agonism that makes it appealing for bbers ;)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The guy I saw was using 5 mg and lost a decent amount of fat. He was not fat to begin with. He ramped up to 7.5 mg and it became very uncomfortable with respect to sweating/body heat.

Dosing was 10mg, nothing about suppression. It was an Ostarine and GW501516 cycle. Reviewer was seeing some gains while leaning out with increase in endurance.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The guy I saw was using 5 mg and lost a decent amount of fat. He was not fat to begin with. He ramped up to 7.5 mg and it became very uncomfortable with respect to sweating/body heat.
Wow. Super interesting. Did he mention what other sides and sups he was on?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seth: I smell sacrcasm. LOL

This drug is is gaining a rep as an endurance enthusiast's dream drug (as you also pointed out). I was merely letting the viewers know WHY this drug has is appealing for aesthetic reasons as well ;) based on your earlier response:

I honestly don't know. It was originally researched to reduce cholesterol and reduce body weight. It was effective in these regards but I know there were concerns at the time (2002 or so) that it might promote tumor growth.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No sides until he ramped it up to 7.5 mg (from 5mg/day)

At the increased dosing schedule, increased sweat was alll that I recall him noting

That said, I wouldnt trust this stuff just yet

Let the dust settle and be sure to get in a copious dose of PPAR-alpha supps (fish and sesamin) which impart some fat loss in addition to havign other health benefits.

Wow. Super interesting. Did he mention what other sides and sups he was on?

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Unless I was getting frequent bloods and other health parameter checks I wouldn't take this just yet. I'd rather know what sides to look for than learn of the sides.
Thanks for your insight!

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good discussion here. More things coming out every day it seems (how legit or useful or safe they are is obviously suspect).

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I concur ;)

Unless I was getting frequent bloods and other health parameter checks I wouldn't take this just yet. I'd rather know what sides to look for than learn of the sides.
Thanks for your insight!

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
so what exactly does this do? Matty, would this be suitable for me bro? you know what my goals :)

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so what exactly does this do? Matty, would this be suitable for me bro? you know what my goals :)
Hmm, I really dont know. If this thing could do what it did w/o any adverse effects it'd be basically cardio in a bottle it seems. PPAR b-agonist. Kinda scared though... not enough research or people using it to tell for sure if it is "safe" to use.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah. My Aussie supplier has a few bottles.
Also has mdrol clone...hmmmm interested in mdrol clone called super mass

What about d-zine(co. That makes forged burner)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd like to hear more on this. In for more discussion

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Activation of nuclear hormone receptor peroxisome proliferator***8211;activated receptor-***948; accelerates intestinal adenoma growth

Rajnish A Gupta1, Dingzhi Wang1, Sharada Katkuri1, Haibin Wang2, Sudhansu K Dey2 & Raymond N DuBois1,2,3

Abstract

We treated Apcmin mice, which are predisposed to intestinal polyposis, with a selective synthetic agonist of peroxisome proliferator***8211;activated receptor-***948; (PPAR-***948. Exposure of Apcmin mice to the PPAR-***948; ligand GW501516 resulted in a significant increase in the number and size of intestinal polyps. The most prominent effect was on polyp size; mice treated with the PPAR-***948; activator had a fivefold increase in the number of polyps larger than 2 mm. Our results implicate PPAR-***948; in the regulation of intestinal adenoma growth.

This link has more information: carcin.oxfordjournals.org/content/28/12/2641.full

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Intestinal polyps aren't anything I want LOL

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
i might have rushed this purchase a bit. i got an email saying half off at a certain site, so i checked it out expecting to get a bottle of s-4 for cheap, but then i saw this and read up a bit on it. ended buying a bottle of it but now im thinking i shouldnt have. intestinal polyps sound very un-fun. then again, that was with rats that were predisposed to intestinal polyps.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Oral or sub Q? Or other? Thanks.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bro

NEVER inject ANY research product man. All of it is intended for ORAL consumption

The ONLY exceptions are products that require reconstitution (bacteriostatic water or acetic acid needs to be ADDED to the powder). Examples of these include: Peptides (tanning peptides-melanotoan, GH-peptides/analogues, IGF, etc) and HCG

Oral or sub Q? Or other? Thanks.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting compound. It will be interesting to see how many more studies are published on this over the next year or so. The essential reversal of insulin resistance would be very promising. While the intestinal polyps would obviously be a major con, as was pointed out, it was in mice predisposed to them. That being said, I'd still wait to see more research before messing with a compound like this.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Bro

NEVER inject ANY research product man. All of it is intended for ORAL consumption

The ONLY exceptions are products that require reconstitution (bacteriostatic water or acetic acid needs to be ADDED to the powder). Examples of these include: Peptides (tanning peptides-melanotoan, GH-peptides/analogues, IGF, etc) and HCG
Cool. I was looking at many new peptides and didnt know how this one functioned. Thanks.

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
there is a thread a right above this one with a guy that is running it right now.....

pnut143

pnut143

Awards
In case you didnt see:

Study on Obese Humans
OBJECTIVE— Pharmacological use of peroxisome proliferator–activated receptor (PPAR)δ agonists and transgenic overexpression of PPARδ in mice suggest amelioration of features of the metabolic syndrome through enhanced fat oxidation in skeletal muscle. We hypothesize a similar mechanism operates in humans.

RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS— The PPARδ agonist (10 mg o.d. GW501516), a comparator PPARα agonist (20 μg o.d. GW590735), and placebo were given in a double-blind, randomized, three-parallel group, 2-week study to six healthy moderately overweight subjects in each group. Metabolic evaluation was made before and after treatment including liver fat quantification, fasting blood samples, a 6-h meal tolerance test with stable isotope fatty acids, skeletal muscle biopsy for gene expression, and urinary isoprostanes for global oxidative stress.

RESULTS— Treatment with GW501516 showed statistically significant reductions in fasting plasma triglycerides (−30%), apolipoprotein B (−26%), LDL cholesterol (−23%), and insulin (−11%), whereas HDL cholesterol was unchanged. A 20% reduction in liver fat content (P < 0.05) and 30% reduction in urinary isoprostanes (P = 0.01) were also observed. Except for a lowering of triglycerides (−30%, P < 0.05), none of these changes were observed in response to GW590735. The relative proportion of exhaled CO2 directly originating from the fat content of the meal was increased (P < 0.05) in response to GW501516, and skeletal muscle expression of carnitine palmitoyl-transferase 1b (CPT1b) was also significantly increased.

CONCLUSIONS— The PPARδ agonist GW501516 reverses multiple abnormalities associated with the metabolic syndrome without increasing oxidative stress. The effect is probably caused by increased fat oxidation in skeletal muscle.

Study on Lean Individuals
Objectives— Exercise increases fatty acid oxidation (FAO), improves serum high density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDLc) and triglycerides (TG), and upregulates skeletal muscle peroxisome proliferator activated receptor (PPAR)δ expression. In parallel, PPARδ agonist-upregulated FAO would induce fatty-acid uptake (via peripheral lipolysis), and influence HDLc and TG-rich lipoprotein particle metabolism, as suggested in preclinical models.

Methods and Results— Healthy volunteers were allocated placebo (n=6) or PPARδ agonist (GW501516) at 2.5 mg (n=9) or 10 mg (n=9), orally, once-daily for 2 weeks while hospitalized and sedentary. Standard lipid/lipoproteins were measured and in vivo fat feeding studies were conducted. Human skeletal muscle cells were treated with GW501516 in vitro and evaluated for lipid-related gene expression and FAO. Serum TG trended downwards (P=0.08, 10 mg), whereas TG clearance post fat-feeding improved with drug (P=0.02). HDLc was enhanced in both treatment groups (2.5 mg P=0.004, 10 mg P<0.001) when compared with the decrease in the placebo group (−11.5±1.6%, P=0.002). These findings complimented in vitro cell culture results whereby GW501516 induced FAO and upregulated CPT1 and CD36 expression, in addition to a 2-fold increase in ABCA1 (P=0.002). However, LpL expression remained unchanged.

Conclusions— This is the first report of a PPARδ agonist administered to man. In this small study, GW501516 significantly influenced HDLc and TGs in healthy volunteers. Enhanced in vivo serum fat clearance, and the first demonstrated in vitro upregulation in human skeletal muscle fat utilization and ABCA1 expression, suggests peripheral fat utilization and lipidation as potential mechanisms toward these HDL:TG effects.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely looks like something to avoid.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
why? because it caused intestinal polyps in animals that were already predisposed to them?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
why? because it caused intestinal polyps in animals that were already predisposed to them?
Have you shelled out $1000 dollars to have your genome analyzed to see what kind of conditions you're predisposed to? I haven't. Not to mention not only do we not know what half of the genome is responsible for, we still have very little grasp over the enormous net of interactions between proteins, transcription factors, and all other transcriptional/translational/post-translational regulators in our bodies. Taking something like this knowing that it has been implicated in the growth of benign tumors is reckless without having more studies. You can do what you want with your body, but I know at my young age I'm not taking something like this knowing the potential risks only to face those consequences down the line.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you shelled out $1000 dollars to have your genome analyzed to see what kind of conditions you're predisposed to? I haven't. Not to mention not only do we not know what half of the genome is responsible for, we still have very little grasp over the enormous net of interactions between proteins, transcription factors, and all other transcriptional/translational/post-translational regulators in our bodies. Taking something like this knowing that it has been implicated in the growth of benign tumors is reckless without having more studies. You can do what you want with your body, but I know at my young age I'm not taking something like this knowing the potential risks only to face those consequences down the line.
With regards to health, I think this is a very conservative approach (avoiding this). BUT, if you dont take it you'll never know. And some people are willing to take that risk. I wouldn't really discourage intaking unknown chemicals that show some form of bad side effect but ONLY if you know the side effects and are willing to accept them. I take PH/DS and I know i could be saying good bye to my fatherhood, I know I might never come back, BUT I will take ALL precautions via AI, SERMs, Test boosters, minerals, etc. To assure I am safest I can be. If I castrate myself by doing so its my fault. I will report it but I will not blame anyone but myself. I will not say don't take XXXXX supp because it messes you up! Or Im gonna sue XXXX supp company because they sell it! I took it, I knew it was risky. I HAVE GW. I won't take it until I see more studies/logs. Only reason I have it though is because I am stocking up on ALL supps as I am paranoid and I think the FDA is gonna ban EVERYTHING, thus raising the price on all the stuff out there now.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With regards to health, I think this is a very conservative approach (avoiding this). BUT, if you dont take it you'll never know. And some people are willing to take that risk. I wouldn't really discourage intaking unknown chemicals that show some form of bad side effect but ONLY if you know the side effects and are willing to accept them. I take PH/DS and I know i could be saying good bye to my fatherhood, I know I might never come back, BUT I will take ALL precautions via AI, SERMs, Test boosters, minerals, etc. To assure I am safest I can be. If I castrate myself by doing so its my fault. I will report it but I will not blame anyone but myself. I will not say don't take XXXXX supp because it messes you up! Or Im gonna sue XXXX supp company because they sell it! I took it, I knew it was risky. I HAVE GW. I won't take it until I see more studies/logs. Only reason I have it though is because I am stocking up on ALL supps as I am paranoid and I think the FDA is gonna ban EVERYTHING, thus raising the price on all the stuff out there now.
That's your opinion, though, just like what I said is my opinion. But bear in mind a lot of the more popular compounds we take, like nolvadex, which is implicated in being carcinogenic, have existed for years; this new GW compound comes out of the gates and the same year there are reports that it promotes tumor growth? Again, do what you want, but jumping on the GW wagon, a very new compound, with this kind of data in your hands seems pretty reckless to me. This frame of mind has nothing to do with blaming others, so I don't know where that came from. I appreciate Whacked for throwing up a paper that's very relevant to the compound discussed in this topic.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's your opinion, though, just like what I said is my opinion. But bear in mind a lot of the more popular compounds we take, like nolvadex, which is implicated in being carcinogenic, have existed for years; this new GW compound comes out of the gates and the same year there are reports that it promotes tumor growth? Again, do what you want, but jumping on the GW wagon, a very new compound, with this kind of data in your hands seems pretty reckless to me. This frame of mind has nothing to do with blaming others, so I don't know where that came from. I appreciate Whacked for throwing up a paper that's very relevant to the compound discussed in this topic.
As far as the blaming supp companies or board members go it's just that in the news and in talk shows you hear oh blah blah on some bb forum said it was okay to take this, or they ran this so I should be fine. That's my only beef. As the FDA and big pharmacy companies look for more ways to outlaw all supps I don't want anything to give them more fuel to that fire.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As far as the blaming supp companies or board members go it's just that in the news and in talk shows you hear oh blah blah on some bb forum said it was okay to take this, or they ran this so I should be fine. That's my only beef. As the FDA and big pharmacy companies look for more ways to outlaw all supps I don't want anything to give them more fuel to that fire.
I follow you now. Yeah man, it's a pain in the ass for sure.

JUST TRY'NA WATCH OUT FOR PEOPLE'S PET RATS ;)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I knew the popularity of this product would fizzle out.

Like so many other products on the market....lots "on paper" expectations, overglorified hype and dismal results that rarely stack up.

The older I get, the more I patient I become; allowing others to be the guinney pigs wasting their money as opposed to mine ;)

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SARMs are still very new to science and how much research is conducted on them. It will be the future.

Also these effects on paper could be 100% true, but the companies people order from are research companies and there is no assurance the formulas are pure or properly dosed.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed that SARMS are an exciting, promising science.

I was referring to the GW501516 substance only.

PS: I also concede your point about the clandestine or dubious companies, issues of purity, concentration, dosing etc HOEWEVER it is largely unlikely that ANY of us will ever use the Big Pharma variety so in context, discussions related to "available" products wouild makle the most sense ya know? ;)

SARMs are still very new to science and how much research is conducted on them. It will be the future.

Also these effects on paper could be 100% true, but the companies people order from are research companies and there is no assurance the formulas are pure or properly dosed.

IRONPOPE

IRONPOPE

Awards
  • Established
AASs are carcinogenic for those who indulge.

IRONPOPE

IRONPOPE

Awards
  • Established
one cheap way to determine if you are inclined to develop a disease is to look family history at both sides... if pa and grandpa both had polyps and the like then i would avoid GW.... we all research plenty of substances here linked to many diseases...

redheat7

Awards
Had not results with gw ran it 10 mg a day for 4 weeks, i lost more with just changing diet and working out harder

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The stuff is garbage. I concur ;)