Zinc

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
What do u guys think about zinc on cycle? Will help boost test even when taking exogenous androgens?

BringdaPain

Awards
What do u guys think about zinc on cycle? Will help boost test even when taking exogenous androgens?
i hope you know zinc doesnt raise test levels, along with ZMA and all that crap companies sell you.
you want a cheap effective test booster, get bulk DAA

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
it will not. it will only help out with bigger loads

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
i hope you know zinc doesnt raise test levels, along with ZMA and all that crap companies sell you.
you want a cheap effective test booster, get bulk DAA
Okay obviously u haven't done your research. Zinc will boost test levels. I will admit it will only do this in zinc deficient people but nonetheless zinc has a role in hormone production and if u don't get enough from ur diet u can seriously benefit from it.

BringdaPain

Awards
Okay obviously u haven't done your research. Zinc will boost test levels. I will admit it will only do this in zinc deficient people but nonetheless zinc has a role in hormone production and if u don't get enough from ur diet u can seriously benefit from it.
and you think ZMA boosts test level also? gtfo
i dare you to go post on bodybuilding(dot)com forum about zinc raising levels, you need to do your research

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
The reason zma does what it does is cuz it has zinc. The magnesium doesn't do much and the b6 will help with libido by lowering prolactin. But really u could just take zinc instead of zma. Don't get me wrong I love p5p. But ya zma is marketing just take zinc. Btw I'm not knocking daa I like that stuff but seriously minerals are as important as vitamins and if u don't get enough zinc your virility will suffer.

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
Moderate zinc deficiency reduces testicular Zip6 and Zip10 abundance and impairs spermatogenesis in mice.

AuthorsCroxford TP, et al. Show all Journal
J Nutr. 2011 Mar;141(3):359-65. Epub 2011 Jan 19.

Affiliation
Department of Nutritional Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802-6110, USA.

Abstract
Male infertility accounts for ~40% of cases of failure to conceive. Testes have a strict zinc (Zn) requirement and severe Zn deficiency compromises spermatogenesis, sperm viability, and motility, compromising fertility in men. Despite the high prevalence of marginal Zn deficiency in humans, less emphasis has been placed on understanding the consequences on male reproduction. Swiss Webster mice were used to visualize Zip protein expression during spermatogenesis using immunohistochemistry. Data suggest Zip5 imports Zn into Sertoli cells and spermatocytes, augmented by Zip10 (primary spermatocytes) and Zip8 (secondary spermatocytes). Zip6, 8, and 10 expression was retained in round spermatids, although Zip8 and Zip10 expression disappears during spermatid maturation. Zip1 and Zip6 expression was detected in mature, elongated spermatids. Zip14 was detected in undifferentiated spermatogonia and Leydig cells. Mice fed diets (n = 10/group) reduced in Zn concentration [marginal-Zn diet (MZD), 10 mg Zn/kg; low-Zn diet (ZD), 7 mg Zn/kg] for 30 d had >35% lower liver Zn concentrations than mice fed the control diet (C; 30 mg Zn/kg) (P < 0.05). Plasma Zn and testosterone concentrations and the testes Zn concentration and weight were not significantly lower than in controls. Plasma Zn was greater in the ZD group than in the C and MZD groups. Mice fed ZD had a reduced number of terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase dUTP nick end labeling-positive cells (~50%; P < 0.05), compromised seminiferous tubule structure, and reduced Zip10 and Zip6 abundance (>50%; P < 0.5) compared with mice fed C. Our data provide compelling evidence that reduced Zn intake may be associated with infertility in men, perhaps independent of decreased levels of circulating Zn or testosterone, which warrants further investigation in human populations.

PMID 21248196 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PMCID PMC3040901 [Available on 2012/3/1]
Full text: HighWire Press

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I think with just better sleep you get with ZMA is what causes better test levels with people. You get that deep REM sleep for longer.

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
i heard rolaids helps aids patients in wheel chairs.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
when being on a cycle your test will be supressed that even sleep wont help it. you should sleep to repair muscles and recover and gain but your test is just going to be going down to matter what.

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
when being on a cycle your test will be supressed that even sleep wont help it. you should sleep to repair muscles and recover and gain but your test is just going to be going down to matter what.
So daa on cycle is a waste?

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
So daa on cycle is a waste?
yes its proven to not be strong enough. hcg is the only thing you wanan do on cycle. these natural boosters end up hurting your system because they are basically having a battle they cant win with an androgenic compound like a steroid. do you want a war going on in your nutsack?? jsut leave this stuff out of it. if it worked everyone would do it. if anything start DAA 3-7 days before cycle ends not all through.

PVL

Banned
Awards
id agree with you there........lol! my gf can def agree with u as well.........lmao

if you want a test boost dude.........look into fenugreek in a high dose.....really cheap 2.50 onine......I would use over a gram 2 times a day.....

another thing to think about is alcohol intake, if you are young and party, keep that in mind. you cant party on cycle or off cycle if you are trying to get big.

lastly, eat a lot of fish and shellfish....................i dont know what it does, but i feel really strong after eating tuna sandwiches or steamed salmon.

PVL

Banned
Awards
yes its proven to not be strong enough. hcg is the only thing you wanan do on cycle. these natural boosters end up hurting your system because they are basically having a battle they cant win with an androgenic compound like a steroid. do you want a war going on in your nutsack?? jsut leave this stuff out of it. if it worked everyone would do it. if anything start DAA 3-7 days before cycle ends not all through.
awesome explanation dude.....but seriously, fenugreek does a good job with sex drive..........

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
awesome explanation dude.....but seriously, fenugreek does a good job with sex drive..........
I am fully aware of this having a huge stash on hand.

standon

Banned
Awards
id agree with you there........lol! my gf can def agree with u as well.........lmao

if you want a test boost dude.........look into fenugreek in a high dose.....really cheap 2.50 onine......I would use over a gram 2 times a day.....

another thing to think about is alcohol intake, if you are young and party, keep that in mind. you cant party on cycle or off cycle if you are trying to get big.

lastly, eat a lot of fish and shellfish....................i dont know what it does, but i feel really strong after eating tuna sandwiches or steamed salmon.
Ye mercury contamination is highest in shellfish and tuna!

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah ive been trying to get around to it...............its also awesome on blood sugar levels, keeping you under 100 most if not the whole day.
oh yeah i forgot about that! thanks gosh i only heard that one time and i forgot. i was trying to help a friend out because he asked.

PVL

Banned
Awards
oh yeah i forgot about that! thanks gosh i only heard that one time and i forgot. i was trying to help a friend out because he asked.
no prob dude..........one of the biggest misconceptions in bodybuilding is testosterone. you really dont need that much of a spike to make a difference man. the big thing is controlling insulin levels.........its why many pros use insulin exclusively rather than AAS. it keeps your skin healthy too keeping your levels low.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
no prob dude..........one of the biggest misconceptions in bodybuilding is testosterone. you really dont need that much of a spike to make a difference man. the big thing is controlling insulin levels.........its why many pros use insulin exclusively rather than AAS. it keeps your skin healthy too keeping your levels low.
I used to put fenugreek in my post workout shake consisting of karbolyn, BCAA's and Gluatamine and maybe creatine.

PVL

Banned
Awards
karbolyn? is that another name for waxy maize?

i prefer whole food now that I have my size.......think about taking ur supps with a meal, I promise you the absence of whey wont mess with your gains, they will help.

when you have ur size like you do, you should be eating real food because the whey will go right through you, trust me.......i gave up on whey a while back.......too hard on the digestion......just sits in ur stomach.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
karbolyn? is that another name for waxy maize?

i prefer whole food now that I have my size.......think about taking ur supps with a meal, I promise you the absence of whey wont mess with your gains, they will help.

when you have ur size like you do, you should be eating real food because the whey will go right through you, trust me.......i gave up on whey a while back.......too hard on the digestion......just sits in ur stomach.
i dont use whey post workout. i use karbolyn, bcaa's ect. karbolyn is the best carb product ever. its broken down rice, potato, and maybe a little corn. great carb. works fast. i drink that right after gym then eat 30 mins later.

PVL

Banned
Awards
i dont use whey post workout. i use karbolyn, bcaa's ect. karbolyn is the best carb product ever. its broken down rice, potato, and maybe a little corn. great carb. works fast. i drink that right after gym then eat 30 mins later.
im following what ur saying.......lol

I have thought about trying something similar, just affraid of the bloat from the carbs post workout. im really carb sensitive

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im following what ur saying.......lol

I have thought about trying something similar, just affraid of the bloat from the carbs post workout. im really carb sensitive
A lot of the bloat we get comes from gluten or inflammatory substances. I would give this stuff a try and see how you react. Well only if you were searching for a product like that. I don't use any liquid carbs because I don't really get to eat all that much food being on a perpetual diet...

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
karbolyn is nice, its gluten free. food is really good though.

PVL

Banned
Awards
I hear ya........

I just dont like the idea of liquid carbs other than milk........I try to keep my cals all from whole food sources.

when I say I dont take any supplements, the only thing I take are multis and b-vitmains.......seriously, lol! Im that basic right now.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya........

I just dont like the idea of liquid carbs other than milk........I try to keep my cals all from whole food sources.

when I say I dont take any supplements, the only thing I take are multis and b-vitmains.......seriously, lol! Im that basic right now.
Well that's what whey protein is .. It's taken from milk.. I use it when I bulk because it's hard to get 4500 cals through clean food throughout a day lol

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
It works better off, but supplementing daily is helpful in more ways than one, it helps with muscle fullness and appearance, it does raise test levels.

PVL

Banned
Awards
Well that's what whey protein is .. It's taken from milk.. I use it when I bulk because it's hard to get 4500 cals through clean food throughout a day lol
yeah but more times than not its the concentrate they give you, marketing it as isolate.......so i was like forget it. lol!

4500 cals? dude that is really really easy if you are as big as you say you are dude........

add olive oil to cook in........

add butter to veggies if you are low carb like myself..........

honestly, the best way to get the cals in is by eating low carb, and lots of fruit and veggies. for example this was my dinner last night:

2 trail mix bars
1 chicken leg quarter
green beans
stew
milk

thats about 800-900 cals easy..........lol

you dont want to see what i eat after cardio for breakfast, but its something like this:

5 beef bacon or turkey bacon
4-5 eggs
2 slices toast with butter
big glass of milk
banana
vitmains

dont buy into eating every 2 hours, thats BS.........i eat when im hungry and stop when im not.........

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
yeah but more times than not its the concentrate they give you, marketing it as isolate.......so i was like forget it. lol!

4500 cals? dude that is really really easy if you are as big as you say you are dude........

honestly, the best way to get the cals in is by eating low carb, and lots of fruit and veggies. for example this was my dinner last night:

2 trail mix bars
1 chicken leg quarter
green beans
stew
milk

you dont want to see what i eat after cardio for breakfast, but its something like this:

4-5 eggs
big glass of milk
banana
vitmains

dont buy into eating every 2 hours, thats BS.........i eat when im hungry and stop when im not.........
I'm 215 with around 17% bf so I'm not that big.. Im on my way up though.. Let me rephrase.. I didn't mean I can't eat that much.. I cud eat my ass of bro..Btween classes work the gym and coaching wrestling Im lucky if I get three full meals in.. But jus finished up finals today =) as for the eating every two hours I believe it does work because most bodybuilders do it that way it's jus not very practical especially with my schedule

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established

2 trail mix bars
1 chicken leg quarter
green beans
stew
milk

4-5 eggs
big glass of milk
banana
vitmains

I'm 215 about 17%bf so I'm not that big but I'm gonna get up there.. I didn't mean that I can eat that much. I cud eat my ass off bro.. Between classes work gym and coaching wrestling Its crazy hard to get even 3 meals in there.. Jus finished up finals today though =).. As for eating every two hours I believe it does work because most bodybuilders eat like that..it's jus not very practical in everyday life like mines.. Which is why 2 or three shakes(taking no longer than a minute to shake and consume) help me feed my machine lol

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
its tough. i usually go 4-5 days eating good big meals then 2-3 days where i lag only eat 3 times. im 6'3 242 @ 17-18 bulking right now.

PVL

Banned
Awards
I'm 215 about 17%bf so I'm not that big but I'm gonna get up there.. I didn't mean that I can eat that much. I cud eat my ass off bro.. Between classes work gym and coaching wrestling Its crazy hard to get even 3 meals in there.. Jus finished up finals today though =).. As for eating every two hours I believe it does work because most bodybuilders eat like that..it's jus not very practical in everyday life like mines.. Which is why 2 or three shakes(taking no longer than a minute to shake and consume) help me feed my machine lol
well, learn to make yourself sammiches dude, lol! i put every possible meat in my kitchen in it, so i can grab it when I dont wanna cook on the stove. also, i would not be concerned about eating a lot with your bodyfat so high, get it down to 10-12% and then bulk, your blood glucose is probably all messed up from the HIGH bodyfat. this is coming from a guy who lost 85 pounds in 2 years doing it the right way.

PVL

Banned
Awards
its tough. i usually go 4-5 days eating good big meals then 2-3 days where i lag only eat 3 times. im 6'3 242 @ 17-18 bulking right now.
your problem is the women and booze then? lol!

get yourself a good woman who can cook for you if you cant..............you will thank me in the end. and stop dating lil skinny girls, all they wanna do is eat out at fast food because they cant keep their nose clean. lol

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
your problem is the women and booze then? lol!

get yourself a good woman who can cook for you if you cant..............you will thank me in the end. and stop dating lil skinny girls, all they wanna do is eat out at fast food because they cant keep their nose clean. lol
haha I am engaged and yes shes tiny. 5'3 103ish. she can eat fastfood and stay thin. i dont touch fastfood just sandwiches. I work and go to school again so its tough. plus getting bored of food and stuff. I have been making some good gains lately though. how about you?

PVL

Banned
Awards
haha I am engaged and yes shes tiny. 5'3 103ish. she can eat fastfood and stay thin. i dont touch fastfood just sandwiches. I work and go to school again so its tough. plus getting bored of food and stuff. I have been making some good gains lately though. how about you?
eh, im seeing abs at 240, so things are cool brother................just keeping the ho's out of my life now and its what made me change my ways................somewhat..........lol.........still an *******..........lmao

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
well, learn to make yourself sammiches dude, lol! i put every possible meat in my kitchen in it, so i can grab it when I dont wanna cook on the stove. also, i would not be concerned about eating a lot with your bodyfat so high, get it down to 10-12% and then bulk, your blood glucose is probably all messed up from the HIGH bodyfat. this is coming from a guy who lost 85 pounds in 2 years doing it the right way.
Nah dude I don't care how I look I'm more about athletics.. Really jus wanna get stronger and packing on a little muscle would bother me lol

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
and you think ZMA boosts test level also? gtfo
i dare you to go post on bodybuilding(dot)com forum about zinc raising levels, you need to do your research
Bodybuilding . Com is a joke. Zinc is needed to maintain healthy levels of sex hormones

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
all i hear are excuses as to why ur fat..............
Haha.. I look to enhance performance which yu might understand someday if yu ever became an eastern national champ.. Cuda gone a lot further if I didn't blow out my knee.. But that's jus another excuse isn't it? Lol =p