MurphyMove

Awards
Pmag and 11-sterone (11 oxo) Recomp/Bulking Cycle:

6 weeks (5 with Pmag)
Pmag
0/50/75/75/100/100

11-oxo
300/300/300/300/300/300

I came to this off of a 5 week cutting cycle (2865=cals/day; 267g protein=1068cal
79g fat=711 cal; carbs=1086cal=271g carbs.),

PCT plan: I am really, really hoping to get to 200 and hold on to everything from this cycle. I know it is hard to do, but I’m not messing around, and am going to do my best to keep gains! I know how to use creatine in a cycle now, and I know it can produce real gains, so maybe I can maintain and even go up a little bit in weight during PCT.

Nolvadex: 20/20/10/10
DS Lean Xtreme
DAA (d-aspartic acid) 3g/day
Creatine mono (to help retain strength and weight gains) 5g/day loading first week, then 3g/day rest of pct.

I also have letrozole on hand in case of extreme gyno (once again, just not messing around; I know letro is strong, and probably unnecessary, but you never know; plus I have future cycles in mind of stronger hormones!)

Running AI Cycle Support twice a day during whole cycle. Pre-loaded for 2 weeks with milk thistle and saw palmetto. Also using BCAAs during workouts. Saving pre-workouts/stims, N.O. products, and creatine for PCT.

Cycle Diet: this is harder to give accurate stats for. I began with my cutting diet (above) and have slowly worked my way up to 4300-4500 cals/day: roughly 125g fat; 370g carbs, 400g protein. This was hard to accomplish on many days!

Training style: I am usually someone who always challenges myself with heavy weight, but during my cutting cycle I began to phase into a lower weight/higher reps/less time between sets style. I am continuing it, as I want to gain mass out of this cycle, not strength. I am training 5-6 days a week, following this routine (with adjustments as needed): 1) all upper body; 2) all lower body; 3) abs; 4) shoulders; 5) back and biceps; 6) chest, triceps and biceps; 7) rest.

Beginning body shape: around 10% bf (estimating here) at 189lbs.

Week one (first dose of Pmag 11/7/11, pre-workout in evening, but after that I did 2 caps each a.m. with breakfast; running 11-oxo, 150mg first thing in a.m., 150 post-workout): nothing noticeable in terms of sides. I began bringing my calories up slowly, to around 3200/day.
-Strength: I hit a dumbbell press PR on Friday, 110 on each side for 2 sets of 4. At this point I am feeling a little stronger; from my cutting cycle I was pretty weak.
-Weight: up to 194 by Friday, 11/11, but had horrible sleep over the weekend (or lack thereof) and not enough food, so was 190 again on Monday! This really disappointed me, and confused me to be honest. I went without sleep totally on Saturday night (long story), so I got what I deserve. But one possible explanation: I ended creatine cycle on 11/11, so I may have lost water weight from the creatine mono over the weekend.

Week two (11/14/11): up to 75mg of Pmag, 2 caps in a.m. with breakfast, 1 cap pre-workout
-Sides: nothing I noticed, except possible headaches, and overall “pressure” in my body.
-Strength: nothing crazy to report here. But I did kind of change my lifting style, lighter with higher reps and shorter rest periods between sets. Aggression was high, but could be placebo effect.
-Weight: started on Monday with 190, ended week on 192.

Week three (11/21/11): 75mg/day, same dosing as week 2, still running 11-oxo
Sides: hard to tell; at this point I was still a doubter as to whether my body was responding. I was getting headaches, but hard to tell if it is from the mag. Libido is sky high, but that could just be me :)
-Strength: I expected more strength by this point, but could not really tell.
-Weight: I ate really, really big, beginning this week, shooting for 4000/cals a day. Up hovering between 194-196, depending on scales and time of day. I think some of this is water weight.
Also I got a cold this week, which sucked for training and eating; it was accompanied by diarrhea, and made keeping food in me difficult.

Week four: I counted and figured out I have enough for 100mg/ed (50 in morning, 50 pre-workout), and I wondered if this stuff was even working, so I raised my dosage. I believe I am fairly in tune with my body, but I wasn’t really getting the effects I expected…til this week!
-Sides: toward the end of this week is when I became sure that my body was actually responding to the Pmag—on the last day of the week I noticed shrinkage! It actually got me excited, because it at least showed I wasn’t getting a placebo effect. I always wondered if I would be able to tell if I was getting shutdown, but this was simply obvious—every time I showered and washed down there I cracked up laughing! They were obviously smaller. Libido ”desire” began to drop slightly, but no drop in “performance.” Also: acne on forearms, some headaches.
Strength: up a little, nothing crazy.
-Weight: hard to tell what is water weight at this point, but I seem to gain about 1/4lb a day this week.

Week five: still 100mg/ed.
-Sides: acne on forearms, some headaches. On day 2 of this “week” (my week starts on a Monday night for this cycle), 12/6/11 I trimmed chest hair and noticed white rings around my nips. After doing research, I figured out that this is an early sign of gyno! My test must be high, because my body is producing estrogen in response. Guys on juice boards say Pmag does not aromatize “much,” but I don’t know how hard and fast that rule is. Plus, bodies respond to hormone changes, so I think I may get high estrogen even just from my body’s self-correction (I have had no sore joints at all). Began with 10mg Nolva morning 12/7, and 20/evening. I might raise my dosage though.

-Strength: really hard to estimate. I would say the strength gains were more in terms of endurance than peak power. I was able to beat the heck out of my body without needing to quit. At this point I am training 5-6 days a week. Monday 12/5 I totally RAGED in the gym for 2 hours! Full upper body workout. Woke up the next morning feeling just like I did the morning after getting in a car wreck (a few years back). My whole upper body felt inflamed. This was not usual soreness, but like I was being pushed from the inside out, and aching. Did legs on 12/6, had horrible back-pumps during leg presses, nearly ended my workout. But otherwise felt like I would never wear out! It was impossible to make myself sore this week. Just totally impossible.

-Weight: I was hovering around 197 mid-week. In the evening my mid-section is holding some water weight, but when I awake in the morning my abs look very lean. My face does not look swollen at all, but if I am getting gyno signs then surely I am holding at least some water weight. As of Sunday (when I am posting this) I am 198, although I know I did not eat enough Friday and Saturday. My goal for this cycle was 200lbs! Will I do it in two more days? To be continued! (Questions, comments and constructive criticism are most welcome)

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Few things: creatine has nothing to do with weight (loss or retention), 400g protein daily is ridiculous, bcaas are a waste when you're already in such a huge caloric not to mention protein surplus, and your PCT goals may be a bit unrealistic. Sry to be so blunt. Well, not Sry.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Dosed high to see some results eh?

MurphyMove

Awards
Few things: creatine has nothing to do with weight (loss or retention), 400g protein daily is ridiculous, bcaas are a waste when you're already in such a huge caloric not to mention protein surplus, and your PCT goals may be a bit unrealistic. Sry to be so blunt. Well, not Sry.
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that my PCT goals may be a bit unrealistic. But here is my hope with the creatine and meeting my goals: last time I loaded creatine monohydrate I gained 4lbs in the first week and a half to two weeks. I know that's a lot of water weight (probably), but if I can do anything similar this time, I might be able to gain back whatever I will lose in coming of the Pmag. As I log, you will obviously have the chance to say "I told you so," so we will just have to wait and see. I take it you have had pct experience with Pmag? What did your gains look like, and what did you keep?

As for 400g of protein being ridiculous: I never really get quite that high, but 2g per pound of desired bodyweight (a commonplace ideal) is 400. If I eat anything less than 3500cals/day I lose weight, and I cant just eat all carbs and fats, so I don't see why I shouldn't aim for 2g per desired pound of bodyweight.

BCAAs: just a hard habit to kick while lifting!

MurphyMove

Awards
Dosed high to see some results eh?
Yes. At the start of week 4 I had little in terms of sides, and not too much on gains, even though I was eating a lot, so I thought I would just go for it, and back down if the sides became too much. So my late gains could be from increasing the dose, but could just be that it took that long to get in my system.

MurphyMove

Awards
Update: Just finished legs tonight: squatted semi heavy (3x7 at 365) and then did some hamstring and calve hypertrophy work.

Strength: about what it was earlier this week. As I said in my first post I am doing more hypertrophy work, so it is hard to measure strength gains.

Weight: Weighed in just shy of 199! I know some of it is water weight, again, which will become obvious in PCT. Tomorrow is my last day on cycle. I am considering taking it as a rest day. I have trained really, really hard this whole cycles, and my body feels it. In fact, I may have overtrained (that's still possible while on cycle I am sure). If anyone wants to chime in what they would do on their last day on cycle, feel free to add your opinion!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that my PCT goals may be a bit unrealistic. But here is my hope with the creatine and meeting my goals: last time I loaded creatine monohydrate I gained 4lbs in the first week and a half to two weeks. I know that's a lot of water weight (probably), but if I can do anything similar this time, I might be able to gain back whatever I will lose in coming of the Pmag. As I log, you will obviously have the chance to say "I told you so," so we will just have to wait and see. I take it you have had pct experience with Pmag? What did your gains look like, and what did you keep?

As for 400g of protein being ridiculous: I never really get quite that high, but 2g per pound of desired bodyweight (a commonplace ideal) is 400. If I eat anything less than 3500cals/day I lose weight, and I cant just eat all carbs and fats, so I don't see why I shouldn't aim for 2g per desired pound of bodyweight.

BCAAs: just a hard habit to kick while lifting!
Ok well a couple points...

Water weight shouldn't even be counted really. It fluctuates so much, and it's not muscle or fat so why bother? Creatine has nothing to do with actual weight gain, calories do. If you want to counter the water loss off cycle with water gain via creatine bloat... more power to you. As far as my experiences with P-Mag, i've run 2 cycles. Good experiences, and the last cycle i kept about 6-7 lbs after PCT ended, cycle gains were about 12 lbs. P-Mag doesn't really retain much water to be honest.

My issue with 400g protein is that it simply so expensive to source that much daily. 2g per lb of bodyweight might be something to shoot for while on gear, but an oral cycle... maybe 1.5g per lean body pound at most. 2g isn't commonplace by any means. If you're 200lbs, ingesting 200-250g of protein daily is plenty. Much cheaper and easier to fill the rest with fats/carbs. At the end of the day though, it's your money and your body, i can only offer my thoughts. And as far as BCAAs go, i'm serious when i say that when you're in such a surplus, they really shouldn't have much of an effect on recovery and or endurance. You can however use them to spike MPS, which they're very useful for.

MurphyMove

Awards
Ok well a couple points...

Water weight shouldn't even be counted really. It fluctuates so much, and it's not muscle or fat so why bother? Creatine has nothing to do with actual weight gain, calories do. If you want to counter the water loss off cycle with water gain via creatine bloat... more power to you. As far as my experiences with P-Mag, i've run 2 cycles. Good experiences, and the last cycle i kept about 6-7 lbs after PCT ended, cycle gains were about 12 lbs. P-Mag doesn't really retain much water to be honest.

My issue with 400g protein is that it simply so expensive to source that much daily. 2g per lb of bodyweight might be something to shoot for while on gear, but an oral cycle... maybe 1.5g per lean body pound at most. 2g isn't commonplace by any means. If you're 200lbs, ingesting 200-250g of protein daily is plenty. Much cheaper and easier to fill the rest with fats/carbs. At the end of the day though, it's your money and your body, i can only offer my thoughts. And as far as BCAAs go, i'm serious when i say that when you're in such a surplus, they really shouldn't have much of an effect on recovery and or endurance. You can however use them to spike MPS, which they're very useful for.
Rhadam,

Thanks for the response--it means something that you would take the time to respond with more than a couple words. And congrats on the successful Pmag cycles. I read your PCT log (the one where you used all the different support supps and clen [!]) and enjoyed it.

As for creatine, I am not looking to replace water weight form the Pmag with bloat--that's at least not what I am going for; I am speaking of intramuscular hydration, one of the benefits of creatine. And I disagree that creatine has nothing to do with gains. That's not my experience, and that's not what research shows; creatine can produce gains even without much caloric increase (though I plan on being in slight caloric surplus through pct). I mentioned water weight to be humble about a 4lb gain in 2 weeks, and I am still willing to admit that there is water weight in there, but creatine makes muscles fuller, allows them to store more glycogen and it helps with protein synthesis. If water retention is accompanied by fuller muscles that look bigger, then I am not just getting my bloat on. I plan on keeping calories high, but I think the creatine is going to help curb against muscle loss. Seeing if I am right is what this log is all about.

I know Pmag is not supposed to make for much water retention, but seeing that I had estro-related sides (the start of gyno), then I simply assume that there has to be some water weight going on in my case. How much water weight do you estimate you lost in pct? Are you saying 12lbs were gained in one cycle (and you kept 7), or both combined? I saw you were running clen, so I am sure some of what you lost was fat.

And what you are saying about protein: I am open on this, open to experimentation and to hearing other people's experiences (that's why I am on boards--that plus sharing my own experience for others to learn). I don't know all the rules about providing links to other sites, but I recently read an article advocating 4g of protein per lb/day while on a PH cycle! That seemed way high to me, but if I am overdoing it with 2g a day, I am fine with that; I am putting stress on my body, and money into supps and pct, so I might as well make sure I overkill it with providing more protein than my body can synthesize. I am eating more carbs than normal, so my workouts have plenty of fuel, and fats are plenty high, so protein gets a lift too. I have a pretty fast metabolism, so I am just eating as much as I can (and I am so sick of eating at this point!), and I want to keep cals fairly balanced between cabrs/fats/protein.

And BCAAS, yeah protein synthesis is my reason for it; that and I am just used to working out with Xtend :)
Okay, sorry for the long reply. Just want to make sure I am explaining myself.

MurphyMove

Awards
I did a shoulders and mid/upper-back hypertrophy routine tonight, my last day ingesting Pmag, finishing out still at 100mg/ED. I weighed in at 199, and that means 10lbs up from where I started. We will see what happens now!

It's been a long day and I am tired, so I am going to just wait to log more details until tomorrow...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I did a shoulders and mid/upper-back hypertrophy routine tonight, my last day ingesting Pmag, finishing out still at 100mg/ED. I weighed in at 199, and that means 10lbs up from where I started. We will see what happens now!

It's been a long day and I am tired, so I am going to just wait to log more details until tomorrow...
10lbs is nice.
Did you do any before and after photos to see your progress?

MurphyMove

Awards
10lbs is nice.
Did you do any before and after photos to see your progress?
Yes I did. I want to edit my face and tats out of the photos before I post them, however (never done that before, so I may pawn it off on one of my photographer friends). It will be interesting to see the comparison via photos!

MurphyMove

Awards
Okay, this is my belated update because I had company over the weekend. I am having importing my photos, so I won't yet be posting my progress pictures (before and after pics). Just some basic stats and comments:

Weight: 199 I am very happy with this right now. My last post was on Tuesday, when I had just ingested my last dose of Pmag, and I was 199. My weight did go up on Wednesday and Thursday a little bit (scale said 200), but then back down to 188.5 on Friday. I was beginning to think I was losing water weight rapidly, and that maybe my gains were not quite what I thought, but even with a busy weekend with drinking involved and moderate sleep (but sufficient calorie intake) I am still at 199.

PCT: I began dosing Nolva at 40/ED back in my cycle do to pre-gyno signs, and with the 2nd day of pct (Thursday) I dropped it down to just 20/ED (my original plan). If I have issues come up I have letro, though I want to avoid using it (it's supposedly strong stuff and I have not used it). I also began taking DAA 3g/day, ZMA, and loading creatine mono 5g/day. I am saving the DS Lean Xtreme for the third week of pct, after cortisol has had a chance to rise. (I know there are arguments for just jumping on a cortisol controller such as LS right away, and some people say to wait. I simply have no personal experience to draw upon)

Strength: Hopefully I will write more about this later, but workout are good with a pre-workout involved again (MP Assault--good stuff and love the taste) as well as creatine again. I rested Wednesday (first day of pct) did chest Thursday, legs Friday, rest Saturday, abs Sunday and back (including traps) today. I have been lifting heavy, and then doing some hypertrophy work to get the best of both worlds and beat my muscles to a humbled, though pumped-up pulp! And I will say it feels like I have come out of a previous lethargy, which may have been a side of the Pmag.

Eating: this really seems like its own category for me, and takes serious care. Wednesday and Thursday I hit my macro goals with a little wiggle room (4300+cals), Saturday was hard due to drinking on the weekend (Friday and Saturday night...I am ashamed, but it was not planned to be that way and I did not get wasted or anything), and Sunday and Monday have been back on track. I am shifting to a little more fats in anticipation of natural test production.

Side note: the DAA may have kicked in a little bit: I awoke several times last night soaked in swea. It could just be a miscorrelation, but I usually have trouble sleeping when I experience changes in testosterone levels and it seems like my body heat is always up when things are going well (if you know what I mean, e.g. after doing heavy squats or deads that day, or beginning a cycle when it first kicks in). Or it could be something else kicking in, I don't know. And I am shedding as of today--6 days after my cycle ended (I am prone to MPB, but take some minor precautions, such as Nizoril). Weird. I don't know if it is from Pmag, or DAA, or unrelated, or? I will keep this topic covered as needed.

MurphyMove

Awards
Good stuff in here guys!! Keep it coming!

Good luck in pct!
Thanks for the encouragement! PCT worked!

I need to wrap this up with some pre/post pics, but just have not had the time to edit the pictures. Just a quick update and overview:

-I ended my cycle on December 13 (last day I ingested Pmag), I weighed in around 199, 10lbs in gains.

-I ran pct for the last 4 weeks: Nolva 20/20/10/10, and ended two days ago, Tuesday January 10. I ran DAA from Dec 14-Jan 4 (3 weeks; I am unsure how long to run DAA safely, and it seemed to do the job so I stopped it), and started Driven Sports Lean Xtreme Jan 2 (a couple days overlap with DAA) and it seems to be working as far as keeping test high, finishing the full rebound of my testicles, and

-My peak weight was 204 on Thursday Dec 29. I kept cals in the 4300-4600 range for the first 3 weeks of pct, and I gained a little belly fat. After lowering my calories just a bit and re-introducing cardio in week 4 of pct I am steadily hovering just a hair above 200. I am willing to say that, with the help of supps in pct, I have kept all my gains. I am on a slight cut for about 2 weeks, but will continue bulking for the rest of winter with a Layne Norton inspired pattern of bulk 2 weeks/cut 1 week, repeat. If I can gain a few more pounds "naturally" this winter I will be happy, but I am very satisfied that I kept all my Pmag gains. I want to emphasize that I worked just as hard if not harder on eating, training and sleeping during pct as I did on cycle, and it just goes to show that you can really keep the gains from Pmag.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice sounds like your pmag run was a success!

What you running next? lol

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks for the encouragement! PCT worked!

I need to wrap this up with some pre/post pics, but just have not had the time to edit the pictures. Just a quick update and overview:
-I ended my cycle on December 13 (last day I ingested Pmag), I weighed in around 199, 10lbs in gains.

-I ran pct for the last 4 weeks: Nolva 20/20/10/10, and ended two days ago, Tuesday January 10. I ran DAA from Dec 14-Jan 4 (3 weeks; I am unsure how long to run DAA safely, and it seemed to do the job so I stopped it), and started Driven Sports Lean Xtreme Jan 2 (a couple days overlap with DAA) and it seems to be working as far as keeping test high, finishing the full rebound of my testicles, and

-My peak weight was 204 on Thursday Dec 29. I kept cals in the 4300-4600 range for the first 3 weeks of pct, and I gained a little belly fat. After lowering my calories just a bit and re-introducing cardio in week 4 of pct I am steadily hovering just a hair above 200. I am willing to say that, with the help of supps in pct, I have kept all my gains. I am on a slight cut for about 2 weeks, but will continue bulking for the rest of winter with a Layne Norton inspired pattern of bulk 2 weeks/cut 1 week, repeat. If I can gain a few more pounds "naturally" this winter I will be happy, but I am very satisfied that I kept all my Pmag gains. I want to emphasize that I worked just as hard if not harder on eating, training and sleeping during pct as I did on cycle, and it just goes to show that you can really keep the gains from Pmag.
Nice results, I'll have to look into that bulk 2 weeks cut or 1 deal.

MurphyMove

Awards
Nice results, I'll have to look into that bulk 2 weeks cut or 1 deal.
Yeah, it's a way to curb excess fat gain while bulking, and to keep your metabolism humming along; your body gets ready to soak in excess calories after being (re)depleted slightly for a week. This is actually my first try at emulating this model. Google it and you will find plenty of discussion.

MurphyMove

Awards
nice sounds like your pmag run was a success!

What you running next? lol

Yes! I call it a success, and am thankful for success with it, because it is sort of my first real cycle. I did run Anavar (the real thing!) @40mg for 5 weeks back in the summer, but I more or less lost 5 of the 7lbs I gained on it because I did not eat or sleep well on cycle and had no pct. So this was my first time running a hormone with control over the situation. I know there is a legality difference between Pmag and what I have on the way, but I can speak about it here right? lol! I have Oral Turinabol coming any day, and according to what I have seen in one other guy who just finished a cycle on it, this OT really works, whether or not it is the same original East German steroid, etc. (all those arguments). I will, of course, wait an adequate time before I plan another cycle :sly:

Mr.Testo

Awards
biggest B.S statement of the year, sounds like your knowledge of bcaas and creatine is basic at best, i suppose your one of these ppl that avoid creatine for fear youl look "puffy":dunce: