Oil Alchohol Types

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
A) Can other oils be used rather than sesame? If so what are the advatages/disadvantages of the oils?

b) Can other alchohols be used? If so what are the advantages/disadvantages of the different types?

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
confused big time..
sorry...i was not very descriptive

i'm going to homebrew some 1-test cyp and have seen some recipes that call for sesame oil but i remember seeing a recipe for something (can't remember what now) that called for safflour oil. And for oral recipies i have seen people sub everclear or bacardi for BA.

I was just wondering what types of alcohol and oil are acceptable for homebrewing injectables. I'd rather buy alchohol from the liquor store and oil from the grocery store than order it from pharmacutical supply companies as long as it's acceptable for these recipes.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established

growmore

Board Supporter
Awards
There's tons of acceptable oil options but in an injectable prep definitaly stick to BA/BB; everclear and bacardi are acceptable for orals only. USP oil is suggested but if you go with store bought definately bake it first and I'd use a .2 whatman just to be safe. Leme has great prices and a good variety for homebrew.

Romac

Romac

Awards
  • First Up Vote
There's tons of acceptable oil options but in an injectable prep definitaly stick to BA/BB; everclear and bacardi are acceptable for orals only. USP oil is suggested but if you go with store bought definately bake it first and I'd use a .2 whatman just to be safe. Leme has great prices and a good variety for homebrew.
yeah they are about $25 less for supplies for a 5 gram conversion than gearbox