40 Years old, second cycle. Help? Opinions from the more experienced?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.17%

40 Years old, second cycle. Help? Opinions from the more experienced?

I have been through one cycle already (test eth only, 13 weeks). My body reacted pretty well to it, and since I was "Playing it safe" the first cycle, I am looking to get into a better, hopefully more effective cycle in my second one.

I am 40 Years old, have been training for 2 years consistently. I am just looking to gain as much muscle mass as I can.

I was thinking of what seems to be a very simple and common cycle.

Weeks 1-4
    Dbol- 30 ml/day (on workout days, 10 in off days)
    Test Eth- 500 mg/week
    Deca- 200 mg/week

Weeks 5-13
    Test Eth- 750 mg/week
    Deca- 300 mg/week

Week 14-15
    Test Eth- 500 mg/week
    Deca- 200 mg/week

Week 16
    Test Eth 250 mg

PCT
    Week 18-20 Nolvadex 20 mg/day

I will also have Nolva on hand "just in case".

Is this a pretty good skeleton for a cycle?

I have a while to get it sorted out, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.17%

Nothing?
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.06%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

do 30mg d bol ED or drop it all together, no sense in 30 ON day, 10 OFF days.

The deca is too low, unless its just there for your joints it wont do anything really. Goto 400mg or drop it.

Test looks good. Nolva wks 18-19 40mg, wk 20 20mg, wk 21 10mg. make sure to pin 2x a wk for stable blood levels.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.17%

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827 View Post
    do 30mg d bol ED or drop it all together, no sense in 30 ON day, 10 OFF days.

The deca is too low, unless its just there for your joints it wont do anything really. Goto 400mg or drop it.

Test looks good. Nolva wks 18-19 40mg, wk 20 20mg, wk 21 10mg. make sure to pin 2x a wk for stable blood levels.
    Great post. A lot to consider.

Why do you say that there is no need to reduce the dose in off days? I was under the impression that it just doesn't stay in your system for very long, so the lower dosage is just to keep levels of it in the body. Wrong way of thinking?

What do you think about EQ instead of deca? I have heard that it isn't the builder that deca is, but way fewer side effects.

Is the stack better than just straight test? I find that these answers are hard to find in the reference material on these drugs.

Thank you again.

J
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.25%

I would go with eq over deca personally. And I would lay it out like:

Week 1-4: dbol at 30 mg ed
    Weeks 1-15: test and eq at 400-500mg each.
    Weeks 18-21: Nolvadex

If you don't mind an extra injection every week, 250iu of hcg every week for the first 17 weeks would be great.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.25%

And yes, even 200mg of deca stacked with test will be better than just straight test.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.17%

New cycle after careful consideration

So after careful consideration of what everyone is saying. I thought this might be a better cycle.

Week 1-4 Test- 500mg
    Week 5-14 Test- 750mg
    Week 15-16 Test 500mg
    Week 1-5 Dbol 30mg/day
    Week 1-15 Deca 300Mg

On cycle ai:
    Aromasin at 12.5Mg

Pct starts two Weeks after last test injection:

Clomid 100/100/75/50

THoughts? I think that I have carefully covered everything. I was going to do Novladex 20mg while on cycle, but have been told that it isn't a good mix.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.55%

How much do you weigh? Guesstimate bf%

If you're not a complete fata$$ I'd recommend

Weeks 1-5 Tbol 60mg
    Weeks 1-10 500mg test
    Weeks 1-10 600mg eq
    Weeks 1-10 Tren e 400mg
    Weeks 8-12 Winstrol 100mg

Lean mass, minimal water retention cycle right there.

Dbol and decca are for fat people who like strength more than abs
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.71%

dude these "muscle" gains you get now arent gonna stick around for you. 2 years training in 40 years makes for a weak foundation. better late than never but why the urge all of the sudden to get huge? should have though about this years ago. goof luck
    Noob looking for alot of guidance
    I've got a hold of some omnadren 250(is sustanon better?) and I'm pretty much clueless about steroids. All i know about it is that it easily aromatizes and it holds alot of water
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog View Post
    dude these "muscle" gains you get now arent gonna stick around for you. 2 years training in 40 years makes for a weak foundation. better late than never but why the urge all of the sudden to get huge? should have though about this years ago. goof luck
    I gotta go with this as well. Even if you get 30lbs from the cycle, odds are 1/3 will be water, 1/3 fat and after pct and cutting back down you'll end up only keeping 5-10lbs regardless. It takes a lot longer than 2 years to really get things down, and it takes a long time to add mass that stays.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.58%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I gotta go with this as well. Even if you get 30lbs from the cycle, odds are 1/3 will be water, 1/3 fat and after pct and cutting back down you'll end up only keeping 5-10lbs regardless. It takes a lot longer than 2 years to really get things down, and it takes a long time to add mass that stays.
    You need FOUNDATION WORK. If not there will ZERO quality to your muscle....zero.

It will a very fake, bloofy , watery spongy look......you need more time to annihilate heavy free weight and stringent nutrition for at least 3-5 years.....but maybe your a genetic freak and gained a massive amount in the first 2 years and already "looked" like a bodybuilder at that point....

-Matt
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.02%

I agree, I trained 18 years natty before touching anything, I'm turning 41 this month.

Anyway, good luck. I wouldn't worry about scaling the dose up & down.
    Just stick with 750 test all the way through, maybe 300 deca all the way through, run hcg for complete cycle to keep balls plump, add caber/dostinex or bromo for deca sides, get an AI even proviron for test sides & plan a good pct

That's my view
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.09%

Quote Originally Posted by nekidchickens View Post
    I have been through one cycle already (test eth only, 13 weeks). My body reacted pretty well to it, and since I was "Playing it safe" the first cycle, I am looking to get into a better, hopefully more effective cycle in my second one.

I am 40 Years old, have been training for 2 years consistently. I am just looking to gain as much muscle mass as I can.

I was thinking of what seems to be a very simple and common cycle.

Weeks 1-4
    Dbol- 30 ml/day (on workout days, 10 in off days)
    Test Eth- 500 mg/week
    Deca- 200 mg/week

Weeks 5-13
    Test Eth- 750 mg/week
    Deca- 300 mg/week

Week 14-15
    Test Eth- 500 mg/week
    Deca- 200 mg/week

Week 16
    Test Eth 250 mg

PCT
    Week 18-20 Nolvadex 20 mg/day

I will also have Nolva on hand "just in case". There is no "just in case" estorgen/gyno control iswith an AI somthign that lower estrogen liek letro for eg. nolvadex WONT lower estrogen.

Is this a pretty good skeleton for a cycle?

I have a while to get it sorted out, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Im in red above
    the rest looks GREAT! and nicly planned.
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.09%

Quote Originally Posted by 7ten11 View Post
    I agree, I trained 18 years natty before touching anything, I'm turning 41 this month.

Anyway, good luck. I wouldn't worry about scaling the dose up & down.
    Just stick with 750 test all the way through, maybe 300 deca all the way through, run hcg for complete cycle to keep balls plump, add caber/dostinex or bromo for deca sides, get an AI even proviron for test sides & plan a good pct

That's my view
    I agree with that .
    i woudl run the HCg onyl the last 5 weeks of cycle thouygh. just my op though
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.58%

Yes...no ramping.....750 across the board.

-Matt
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.17%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    You are of course, both right. It is late in the game for me to be pushing for major gains, but the desire only recently came to me. Now it is a matter of getting a solid base in the gym and, to be honest, knowing that it is harder for someone my age to MAKE gains because of lowered hormonal levels at my age.

I know that it take a lot longer than 2 years, but at 40, I don't have 10 years to GET it down. I am just doing what I can, and VERY thankful for all the help.

Peace
  17. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.85%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

You are of course, both right. It is late in the game for me to be pushing for major gains, but the desire only recently came to me. Now it is a matter of getting a solid base in the gym and, to be honest, knowing that it is harder for someone my age to MAKE gains because of lowered hormonal levels at my age.

I know that it take a lot longer than 2 years, but at 40, I don't have 10 years to GET it down. I am just doing what I can, and VERY thankful for all the help.

Peace
    well, moreso the point is though that you can make extra mistakes, suppress your HTPA further sooner where at your age its harder to recover, or you can spend more time just looking at 5-6lbs a year of natural gains that you actually keep all of, and in another couple years do a cycle with much better knowledge, and retain more of it.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.06%

Peace
    dude just do 500mg of test, 12, 14,18 wks, whatever. just use hcg while on.

I see/understand where your at. I know you wana get bigger but your already getting to be a little too "old" to run this kind of sh!t. test would do you good, esp at your age.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Opinions from experienced guys!
    By greg_the_ripp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 06:12 PM
  2. Proposed new years cycle.. Opinions?
    By Xpballer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 05:28 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 04:51 PM
  4. need opinions from experienced aas users
    By shredded247 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 01:18 AM
  5. an experienced lifter looking at an SD cycle.
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 11:51 PM