Androsta-1ene-3b-ol,17one different from 1-Androstene-3b-ol, 17-one? And more..

guttaheis

Awards
This may be a stupid question but as the title asks, is Androsta-1ene-3b-ol,17one different from 1-Androstene-3b-ol, 17-one? I'm no chemist by any means but I know that some companies have reworded and messed with the nomenclature to get away with things.. I was interested in a product that contains:

Androsta-1ene-3b-ol,17one(100mg)
2a,17a-dimethyl-etioallocholan-3-one,17b-ol(15mg)
4-etioallocholen-3,6 17trione(115mg)

Dosed at 2 caps a day for a daily amount of 200mg, 30mg, and 230mg respectively. I am aware that the second compound is superdrol and the third is 6-oxo. I'm just curious if the andro in this which the company claims as being a testosterone mimitec is different from the androsterones out there like 1-andro sterone RD from AMS.

Also, is having the 6-oxo in the stack a good idea? I'm assuming its there to combat estrogen but at that dosage, will it hinder the mass gain?
Thanks.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it's 1-dhea, and only 200mg for 2 caps, which sucks asss.

guttaheis

Awards
I found this info regarding nomenclature:

1-AD (1-androstenedione) 1-androstene-3b,17b-dione or androst-1-ene-3b,17b-dione

1-AD (1-androstenediol) 1-androstene-3b,17b-diol or androst-1-ene-3b,17b-diol

So obviously nomenclature is what's really throwing me off.. I guess from the info i found, "1-androstene" and androst-1ene" are interchangeable.. I highly doubt the andro being sold these days is 1-AD, I just don't under stand if adding the "-ol" after 3b makes any difference.. Or if "17-one" is different from "17b-dione" (according to my understanding, "-ol" after 3b means there's a hydroxyl in the third position and "one" after 17 means that a keto group is present at the 17th position..

Soooo because testosterone has a ketone in the 3rd and hydroxyl in the 17th, this Androsta-1ene-3b-ol,17one (having a hydroxyl in the 3rd and IF I UNDERSTAND CORRECTLY, a ketone in the 17th position) then THAT is why it is stated that this compound is 2 steps away from 1-test?

I think I'm starting to answer my own original question, that Androsta-1ene-3b-ol,17one and 1-Androstene-3b-ol, 17-one ARE the same.. if the only difference is the "androsta-1ene" and "1-androstene"...

So after trying to figure all that out, I have a new question.. what's the difference between Androsta-1ene-3b-ol,17one and 1-AD?? Is it that 1-AD only needs to have one conversion, the 3rd or 17th rather than both?

guttaheis

Awards
My bad Jbry, I was in the process of typing up that post when you replied. So from what you can see from my last post, am I understanding it correctly?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the nomenclatures in the original post are both the same compound, just written differently, they are 1-dhea, an isomer of dhea, and dshea compliant/legal.

the others you listed from ergopharm's 1-ad are the first and 2nd versions of 1-ad, 1-androstenedione, and 1-androstenediol, both now banned substances.

the banned compounds were 1-step precursors to 1-testosterone.

1-dhea must first convert into one of those, then it can convert into 1-testosterone, so it is a 2 step pro hormone to 1-testosterone.