Un-proven Source Question

FrTimothy

FrTimothy

Awards
If you are trying out a new source and let's say you get some
Teston QV 200

would you do anything to make sure it's sterile...bake it, add a little BA just in case... or just pin it and take the chance?

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Depends on what I knew about the source. The condition of the product when I got it ..

FrTimothy

FrTimothy

Awards
Depends on what I knew about the source. The condition of the product when I got it ..
appears clean/clear
don't know much at all about the source
hologram is on the package...looks legit..
but QV in itself might not necessarily be too pure eh?

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
personally I have never had any problems with QV but I have moved on to doing my own homebrewing for the very reasons you are asking about..
If you are nerveous about it, then filter it.. use a .20 um filter not the standard .45 and you would get it even cleaner.. on another note, it is going to be a bitch to push through.. also, I wouldn't add anymore BA because most of the vet gears have a little much already

J

Juiceman

Awards
  • Established
Stay away from BA, I am crippled from that ****! :frustrate

W

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ussually QV is good to go, since it comes from the manufacturer, and is not brewed by an underground lab.They also have a spot on thier site with product codes and batch numbers.

FrTimothy

FrTimothy

Awards
Ussually QV is good to go, since it comes from the manufacturer, and is not brewed by an underground lab.They also have a spot on thier site with product codes and batch numbers.
that will be the most helpful of all...thanks

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hehe, unless he pinned it in his traps, im sure thats what he is referring too