Arnt most steroids legal?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I dont even do steroids, but im tired of people saying that there illegal. Sure there are laws in place to prevent people who are two young or two stupid from getting them, and IMO those laws should exist, but cant you still get perscriptions for the best stuff once youve reached a point in life where your old enough and financially ready?

smt1

Awards
Uh, depends on what you mean by legal or illegal. Most steroids are Controlled Substances in the US, and specifically under Schedule III.

From wikipedia:
Schedule III.—

(A) The drug or other substance has a potential for abuse less than the drugs or other substances in schedules I and II.

(B) The drug or other substance has a currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
(C) Abuse of the drug or other substance may lead to moderate or low physical dependence or high psychological dependence."

Except when dispensed directly by a practitioner, other than a pharmacist, to an ultimate user, no controlled substance in schedule III or IV, which is a prescription drug as determined under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act [21 U.S.C. 301 et seq.], may be dispensed without a written or oral prescription in conformity with section 503(b) of that Act [21 U.S.C. 353 (b)]. Such prescriptions may not be filled or refilled more than six months after the date thereof or be refilled more than five times after the date of the prescription unless renewed by the practitioner. Control of wholesale distribution is somewhat less stringent than Schedule II drugs. Provisions for emergency situations are less restrictive within the "closed system" of the Controlled Substances Act than for Schedule II though no schedule has provisions to address circumstances where the closed system is unavailable, nonfunctioning or otherwise inadequate.

In other words, they're illegal to posses without a prescription, and illegal to distribute unless properly licensed to do so.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Uh, depends on what you mean by legal or illegal. Most steroids are Controlled Substances in the US, and specifically under Schedule III.

From wikipedia:

In other words, they're illegal to posses without a prescription, and illegal to distribute unless properly licensed to do so.
But that kind of goes with what I said. You have to get to a certain place in life before you can get tht perscription, but I think a lot of people think there illegal like meth is illegal.

owlicks

owlicks

Awards

I dont even do steroids, but im tired of people saying that there illegal. Sure there are laws in place to prevent people who are two young or two stupid from getting them, and IMO those laws should exist, but cant you still get perscriptions for the best stuff once youve reached a point in life where your old enough and financially ready?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:lol: And Reddit surfaces on AM once again. :rolleyes:

KingDong - yeah, you can get prescriptions for test, but you have to have a valid medical reason for that prescription. Also, the doses given are rarely as high as many recreational users would desire. Still, it's certainly a help to have at least part of your AAS costs covered.

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
For the right price, you can get a script for almost anything... take something to lower your test levels, see doctor and get blood test showing ow test, get script. Sure it costs an arm and a leg, but you could get it. abusing the perscription is up to you... although it wouldn't be illegal to possess.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
But that kind of goes with what I said. You have to get to a certain place in life before you can get tht perscription, but I think a lot of people think there illegal like meth is illegal.
The only steroid you'll get a script for without being seriously I'll with a muscle wasting disease like aids or muscular dystrophy would be testosterone. You can get a script for trt, but it's gonna be (most likely) 200mg of cypionate every 2 weeks. This is practically ineffective/useless by most bodybuilding /general cycle standards.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
OK. I was under the understanding that if you knew where to look and who to ask, you could get legal d-bol and most of the classics. I stand corrected.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK. I was under the understanding that if you knew where to look and who to ask, you could get legal d-bol and most of the classics. I stand corrected.
not unless you go to mexico. very few orals are ok'd for current usage in the us. off the top of my head, anavar, and stanozol.