Test E at 250mg/week for 10 weeks?

Bige410

Awards
Just courious if anyone has run this dose for this amount of time? I see lots recommend 500/week but others have said they had good results with just the 250. Id like to keep the dose as low as I can and see half decent results. BTW this is my fist injectable cycle

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
Yea you can get by with 250 a week, but don't expect a lot. 500mg a week is still VERY safe, and will provide you with MUCH better gains.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Yea you can get by with 250 a week, but don't expect a lot. 500mg a week is still VERY safe, and will provide you with MUCH better gains.
x2x, 250 is more than what you will produce natty but its not a crazy high dose. Talk to guys running 1200mg a wk, than 500mg will seem normal or safe. At the bare min. id go 400mg, 200 2x a wk

xtreme1087

Awards
Typical question, but what are your stats? Make sure your natural test levels have leveled out before jumping on a cycle. As for your question, everyone is different, but yes, 500mg/week is very typical. I respect you being smart and wanting to run low doses and only one compound! Test typically works really well at low doses anyway, but I think I would do 500mg/week if I were you. That was my 1st cycle and I loved it. What's your PCT look like? PCT is priority numero uno, no matter what your cycle dosing. Always have your PCT on hand before starting a cycle, ESPECIALLY your 1st one as you dk how your body is going to react and if you have to drop the cycle real quick, you definitely don't want to be scrambling around for a PCT.

Btw, Test E is a slow working compound. You probably won't start feeling results until the 4th or 5th week, so don't worry if it takes awhile. Once the results hit, they'll only get better! Your libido will probably increase the 2nd or 3rd week, so I hope your gf, wife, or some chick you pick up at the bar are ready lol!

Make sure you read and watch videos on how to inject and proper sterilization techniques! You can jack yourself up if you do it wrong! Glutes and delts are probably the most popular injection sites. Quads are in there too. Read up on pin sizes. I use a 1.5" X 23G needle to inject and a 1" X 20G needle to draw. If you're not a needle guy, they're intimidating. My gf does my injections. They don't bother me, but I'll sweat up a storm if I try it myself lol. It's typically 1.25-1.5" in the glutes and quads and 1" in the delt. You definitely don't want to inject subQ by using to short a needle. Speaking of subQ, you'll want to get some HCG. It keeps your braining sending signals to your testes to keep "working" and makes for a faster/easier recover during PCT and keeps the balls fuller. You inject it subQ using an insulin needle. Read up on it. HCG is not HCGenerate, so be careful!

I can't think of anything else, so good luck to you and welcome to the DARK SIDE!

Bige410

Awards
Extreme. Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna have to put off starting this to gather more gear if I plan on running 400-500. I'll have to read up on HCG. My pct was gonna be simple nolva 20/20/10/10 unless you don't think that's enough then I could bump it up. I ran some oral cycles before and usually recover pretty quick. But again not to familiar with this stuff.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Most UGL's dose their test at 250mg/ml so 500mg/wk would be optimal and convenient. 2x 10ml vials will be your full cycle. Depending on how much bodyfat you have, you could get by with shorter pins. I have absolutely no fat on my quads so a 25 1" is way more than enough to get IM. I only go 3/4 of the way in too.

xtreme1087

Awards
Extreme. Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna have to put off starting this to gather more gear if I plan on running 400-500. I'll have to read up on HCG. My pct was gonna be simple nolva 20/20/10/10 unless you don't think that's enough then I could bump it up. I ran some oral cycles before and usually recover pretty quick. But again not to familiar with this stuff.
Yeah man, you'll at least want a SERM like nolva or clomid. I'd also run a cheap DAA or test booster with your PCT and throw in some Erase around week 3 of your PCT to combat any estrogen rebound.

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
I also am considering about the same cycle. what i have is overdosed at 300 as opposed to 250. i am 5'10 195 pounds 11% body fat or less. been training for 7 years non stop. I have been reading a lot about Test E and i get conflicting answers from some peoples posts. I realize that Test E can make you retain a lot of water on cycle but once you PCT this all goes away? Also should i run something while on cycle like Novadex to counteract estrogen or just wait for PCT? One other thing i read is that Test E can actually attach itself to fat stores and somewhat decrease body fat percentage. is this true. i understand this is a bulking steroid but if i were to drop some body fat while on it that would be excellent. Any help you can give me about results after cycle/pct would be greatly appreciated.
You will retain some water even at 250mg/week, so yes, at 500mg/week, you will have visible water retention. The way to reduce this is to drink lots of water, minimize how much sodium you eat, and use an AI like arimidex or letrozole. And you WILL lean up faster with test than you would naturally. Almost every anabolic will do this to some extent, some being better than others. Test is probably somewhere in the low-middle range as far as fat loss is concerned, but it does help.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
You will retain some water even at 250mg/week, so yes, at 500mg/week, you will have visible water retention. The way to reduce this is to drink lots of water, minimize how much sodium you eat, and use an AI like arimidex or letrozole. And you WILL lean up faster with test than you would naturally. Almost every anabolic will do this to some extent, some being better than others. Test is probably somewhere in the low-middle range as far as fat loss is concerned, but it does help.
x2x

also on the pins i use a 25awg, 1 inch. Use them for glutes, quads, etc. As long as your under 12-14% BF you should be cool

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First, I agree with the above posters: we applaud your caution but recommend you go ahead and go with 500mg/week (or 250mg twice a week <-- preferable). And if so, I would definitely increase your nolva dosage to at least 40/40/20/20. What you are planning is a typical dose seen used with orals, not with longer-term injectables.

Clomid can be very nice, too, to use in conjunction with nolva if simply because it's pretty potent. But if you go with HCG on cycle you'll probably be ok without the clomid on a Test only cycle. I should say though that I'm not necessarily recommending hcg for this particular cycle. I've heard both positive and negative things about using hcg on very simple cycles such as this one, and I haven't followed up on this so I really don't feel good commenting on it either way.

xtreme1087

Awards
First, I agree with the above posters: we applaud your caution but recommend you go ahead and go with 500mg/week (or 250mg twice a week <-- preferable). And if so, I would definitely increase your nolva dosage to at least 40/40/20/20. What you are planning is a typical dose seen used with orals, not with longer-term injectables.

Clomid can be very nice, too, to use in conjunction with nolva if simply because it's pretty potent. But if you go with HCG on cycle you'll probably be ok without the clomid on a Test only cycle. I should say though that I'm not necessarily recommending hcg for this particular cycle. I've heard both positive and negative things about using hcg on very simple cycles such as this one, and I haven't followed up on this so I really don't feel good commenting on it either way.
Yeah, I've heard the same thing on HCG, however, when your body shuts down, it shuts down. Deca shuts the body down more aggressively than test does, but test will still shut it down all the same. I think HCG should be ran on any long duration cycle. The longer the body is shut down, the harder and longer it takes to bring it back up. This is just my opinion from the research I've done and personal experience :)

Bige410

Awards
Well I figured this would happen. I'm on week 4 of my cycle noted above and my L nipples puffy. There's always a lump under it (think it was still from puberty or something) but when I start on stuff it usually flares. Anyway my question is what is the BEST thing to take while still on cycle to combat this. I know I have a bunch of options but I was curious as to what you thought was the best way to go.

Thanks

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Well I figured this would happen. I'm on week 4 of my cycle noted above and my L nipples puffy. There's always a lump under it (think it was still from puberty or something) but when I start on stuff it usually flares. Anyway my question is what is the BEST thing to take while still on cycle to combat this. I know I have a bunch of options but I was curious as to what you thought was the best way to go.

Thanks
Arimidex .25 mg EOD and if that's doesn't help then go to .5 mg EOD.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear letro is usually recommended but I forgot at what doses. I know it's really low since the stuff is most potent.

Bige410

Awards
Thanks for the replys. What about OTC route. I actually have some revisterol on hand from another cycle I had done but didn't really care for it. Maybe that'll work ok for this? Moneys tight at this point and I don't really feel like laying out a bunch more money. Maybe I'll just grow a boob and be done with it lol

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Lol I'm sure u like tits, but u don't want them on u bro. U could use Erase though, from another log Jason was on 1g of test/week and he took 3 caps a day and it kept his estrogen in the normal range. That proves that Erase is some powerful sh*t.

Bige410

Awards
Thanks. Yea I'm gonna go the Erase route. Sounds like that should work. Ill start at 25 mg and hopefully that'll do it. My BPs up a bit tho too. Hopefully that'll come down of its estrogen related too

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
Yeah no problem bro. Hope everything works out man.

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
arimidex or letrozole. Letro works as effectively as arimidex at about half the dose. So, .25-.5mg per day would be fine. Anything more and you will completely kill all estrogen, which isn't a good thing.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Letro is a good way to totally kill your libido though

Bige410

Awards
So I'm on week 6 of this cycle. Only up 5-6 lbs. But def lost fat. Not sure if that's due to the low dose of test or because I seriously up'd the intensity of my workouts. Either way my lifts are up like crazy. Can't wait to run 500 a week next time around.

Maybe I should wait and see how pct goes before I go making plans for the next one tho haha

Bige410

Awards
About the same as it was last time I posted. I know I've slacked on my diet here a bit and maybe that's why no crazy gains. But I'm also beginning to think the 250 just wasn't enough to see what I was expecting.

O well. Always next time

No sides tho so far except acne. I got it everywhere!!

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
About the same as it was last time I posted. I know I've slacked on my diet here a bit and maybe that's why no crazy gains. But I'm also beginning to think the 250 just wasn't enough to see what I was expecting.

O well. Always next time

No sides tho so far except acne. I got it everywhere!!
Yeah next time, 500 mg a week fur sure bro.

Bige410

Awards
Quick question here. I'm gonna start pct next week and was just going tamoxifen 40/20/10/10. Now I have some diesel test booster too. Was wondering when to throw that in pct. I heard different things.

Dr.Stri8ed

Dr.Stri8ed

Awards
U could throw that in at the start of your pct, that'd b fine.

xtreme1087

Awards
U could throw that in at the start of your pct, that'd b fine.
Yeah, start your SERM and test booster at the same time. Run your SERM for 4 weeks and the test booster 6-8 weeks. Don't forget your AI. Start that the 2nd week.

durran

Awards
Do you take AI while on the test or after as PCT and which AI would you recommend? thank you