First Timer, Is it worth it?

D

Dropkick

Awards
Short and Sweet:

I work on a ship: 28 days on, 28 days off. I'm much more educated regarding the majority of supplement use than the average joe, but I've only recently opened the door to myself for anabolic use. My question is this: Is it worth the cost (financial, health, etc) when my job extremely limits my diet and exercise varieties. During my 28 days on, my exercising is limited to body weight exercises and elastic bands. It's pretty bad, especially because I enjoy pushing heavy weight. My legs are near impossible to get a good workout on. Usually a couple days when I come back home and a couple days before I go to sea, I'm in the middle of a logistics nightmare so I really only get a solid 3 weeks (out of every 8 week on/off rotation) of getting back to my heavy lifting grind.

For a first cycle, I'm looking into something along the lines of SARMS or H drol, or possibly Prop. Prop is the only non OTC anabolic I have access to unless I look into some Chinese exporter.

With mostly body weight and rubber band exercises, am I going to see decent gains with any of the above?

G

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
IMO a sarm would be, you can use the for 8wks also. Can you buy a set of freeweights to bring on your ship?? your not going to gain lots of muscle unless your lifting heavy weights but you could do a nice recomp or cut with S1/S4

D

Dropkick

Awards
I can't bring anything heavy on board since I have to fly. It's depressing how much muscle weight I've lost since I've taken this job.

Perhaps I could do 3-4 week bulk cycles when home and 4 week cuts on the ship. Not ideal time lines obviously, but would I get much out of any of the above in a 3-4 week bulk?

G

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
3wk SD cycle and than do pct workouts on the ship....

Not ideal but would workout alright i suspose

F

FLSUCIO

Awards
With about 28 days or so, I would say that doing a 4week on Prop cycle with SERIOUS lifting/diet WOULD be a great option. There are many people out there that seem to feel that 4weekers are a great option. I don't think always doing a 4 week Sdrol cycle would be that good. I have used SD in the past and it was ok, but real Prop is always going to trump SD. Just my .02cents ;)

T

tmbone

Awards
Honestly you might lose all of your gains once you get back on the ship. It'll be impossible to maintain SD gains with just body weight and elastic band workouts.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I say not worth it to try. Weight till you have a more stable job or dont mess with your health.

rebelhead

rebelhead

Banned
Awards
i don't believe in "can't". i guarantee i could make some gains on ur schedule. i'd do 12 weeks of the test prop. kick start with an oral if u want. on ur off days i'd lift heavy and frequently. try and overtrain a little so u need a break from lifting after 4 weeks. when u have to go back on the boat, just do what u can as far as lifting and pig out. keep takin the test on ship. when u get back on shore, hit the weight hard and heavy again. do this for 12 weeks. u wont lose ur gains while on the boat if u keep takin the juice. google body weight workouts and see what u can find. u can get creative with some of these exercises. one leg squats etc.. i'd rather start pct when u are on shore. it aint ideal but i wouldn't let it stop me.

G

Gavin9

Awards
That needs to be changed! haha. Man ive been away from am for awhile last time i was here you where running your "Drunk with power" log was it? :)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That needs to be changed! haha. Man ive been away from am for awhile last time i was here you where running your "Drunk with power" log was it? :)
I mean I sure as hell dont remember any. I know they didnt do any highlights on them if they were in the competition. I remember one black woman, but that was because she dominated some monkey bars. Plus there was an Asian girl(?) everyone else was white lol.

Well you havent been gone too long. I am still running the log now. Here it is in fact http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/181729-tomahawk-getting-drunk-16.html

D

Dropkick

Awards
You'd be surprised what I can get done with just body weight and elastic bands, but there's no pretending they are comparable to heavy lifting. As I suspected there's no real definitive opinion on an answer to my question.

Is there anything that can pack on weight in such a short amount of time that I'd be able to maintain while on my ship? The only issue is that my access to a lot of things are restricted from not being "in the know"

D

Dropkick

Awards
Alright guys I need to get some fast advice. I just got home and am going to be on a 6 week vacation. How does this change your alls recommendations?