Saponificaion of tren acetate ester for transdermal prep *EXPERIMENT*

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Saponificaion of tren acetate ester for transdermal prep *EXPERIMENT*

General steps are:

• Dissolve in MeOH (methanol, methyl alcohol, wood alcohol, HEET).
    • Add NaOH to cleave the ester.
    • Wash with water and neutralize.
    • Dry, weigh, and dispose.

Reference the attached spreadsheet for yield calculation, reaction scheme, and procedure.

Chemo
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Billy_Bathgate

Acetone work out as well?

Thats what I have always leaned towards...not a methanol fan really
    •   

3. Originally posted by Billy_Bathgate
    Acetone work out as well?

Thats what I have always leaned towards...not a methanol fan really
    Acetone works as does MEK and any other polar carbonyl solvent.

Chemo
  4. Billy_Bathgate

That is what I presumed...but you have suprised me with a couple curve balls lately so thought Id better ask!

5. Seems simple enough. Can this process also be used to remove the estradiol from synovex? The procedure looks the same.
    •   

6. Originally posted by pogue
    Seems simple enough. Can this process also be used to remove the estradiol from synovex? The procedure looks the same.
    It does work but you will need much more NaOH so neutralize the estradiol and make it a water soluble salt.  In other words, it will work but for different reasons.  I plan on writing a summary of the techniques for producing BOTH TNE and TP from syno with no kit needed sometime in the near future.

Chemo

7. This does seem like a very interesting experiment. And actually it seems "do-able"

Thanks
    Chemo
  8. Billy_Bathgate

Top of your head chemo...

Youd need at least a 1:1 to remove the ester...to be safe maybe a 2:1 even (OH:Hormone)

Whats it for estrogen soluability...I was thinking maybe 5:1

9. Originally posted by Billy_Bathgate
    Top of your head chemo...

Youd need at least a 1:1 to remove the ester...to be safe maybe a 2:1 even (OH:Hormone)

Whats it for estrogen soluability...I was thinking maybe 5:1
    Actually, to saponify the ester it does not even require a 1:1 molar ratio since the -OH is used a CATALYST.  Obviously, if you use more than necessary it will just speed the rate of the reaction.

As for the estrogen solubility...I reserve the answer to that for the mini-article I'm about to post about the making TNE and TP from syno.  In a nutshell though, a 10:1 will ensure proper salting of estradiol and choice of either a small, strong base or large, hindered, strong base will determine product (esterfied or not).

Chemo
  10. Billy_Bathgate

1:1..hmm. I was thinking that the OH- substituted the ester. Thats where I came up with that, but actually, I now think from your reply that H+ is reacting with the ester, and that is what "cleaves" it?

The OH just probides the basic solution?

You got me on the edge of my chair thinking. Ive even busted out my chem book a couple times

11. How do you pronounce NaOH?

12. Originally posted by syko
    How do you pronounce NaOH?
    "Nah-ew"

Actually, its just sodium hydroxide, which I believe is also lye.

13. Correct . It is lye one of the commerical brands is Red Devil Lye at least here in the states.

14. Attaway to come through. So just plain lye? Wow i am having a Tyler Durden flash back. Sweet that makes it so much easier. Will their be pictures posted to go along with the procedure? Wink Wink Cough cough.

thanks peace.

15. One more ? pls. The tren acetate is this after a finakit conversion?

thanks peace.

16. Originally posted by syko
    Attaway to come through. So just plain lye? Wow i am having a Tyler Durden flash back. Sweet that makes it so much easier. Will their be pictures posted to go along with the procedure? Wink Wink Cough cough.

thanks peace.
    I'm going into my cave, I'm going to find my power animal...

17. Originally posted by syko
    One more ? pls. The tren acetate is this after a finakit conversion?

thanks peace.
    This experiement is for removing the acetate ester to use fina via transdermal application. The fina pellets already have the ester attatched, so by removing the ester, you get a higher absorption. If you are using the kit, you don't need this procedure.

18. I must be missing something here then what about the estradiol? Is that removed on the saponification process?
    Or is it not absorbed vea trans?

Sorry just getting it all down thanks though.

peace.

19. Originally posted by syko
    I must be missing something here then what about the estradiol? Is that removed on the saponification process?
    Or is it not absorbed vea trans?

Sorry just getting it all down thanks though.

peace.
    There is no estradiol present in Finaplix-H or Component-TH. There is estradiol in Synovex-H and some other fina and syno compounds, but regular fina is just tren acetate.

20. RRRRRRRRRRRRiiiiiiiiiigggggggg ggghhhhttttt thanks, sorry for the ignorance, just learning.

pictures?

peace.

21. Fina box

Fina cart

Syno box

22. Would this work for test prop powder also?

thanks peace.

23. Originally posted by syko
    Would this work for test prop powder also?

thanks peace.
    I already asked Chemo that question in this thread. Scroll up for a reply

24. OIC thanks, again.

lol, has chemo posted the mini-article yet?

peace.

25. ok i too came in a little late to this..but wouldnt daze's procedure from mind and muscle mag work here after all it is removing a ester
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 05:46 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 11:15 PM
  3. transdermal of tren/4ad
    By morfiend in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 08:24 PM
  4. recipe for transdermal fina?
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics