Parameters to be tested for bloodwork? - AnabolicMinds.com

Parameters to be tested for bloodwork?

1. New Member

Parameters to be tested for bloodwork?

Wassup guys,

I will be doing a PH/PS cycle in the next couple of weeks. It will be likely 1-test cyp/5 aa cyp or 1-test trans/m5aa. I would like to get a baseline of various parameters in my blood. I was reading a sticky on BB.com and the bare minimum for blood work that was given is.

Chem 20
    Total Test
    Free Test

I found an online company that sets you up with a clinic to have the test done and the prices are $20, $30, $105. I'm not sure if my insurance pays for it (with my insurance I have to pay first then they reimburse me a certain percentage if they cover it). Do you guys think these tests will suffice or do I need to add or subtract some tests.

Thanks alot!!!

2. New Member

There are a lot of the online prescription for labwork referral places... lab-safe.com has gotten some positive
    words from the CDC in fact... or just use your PCP ...

Qwest has the Chem23 that includes some liver profile aspects -- with Labcorp, you'll piece it together usually adding
    want you'd like into a Chem14 or a 20. There is a big difference between the insurance bill rate $ and the actual retail
    lab 'unadjusted' $ amounts as well.

You'll want to add in Bilrubin direct, GGTP, and LD.. along with the ALT and AST that should be in your basic metabolic panel.
    You can watch the alcohol push up your AST too....... what fun...

Make sure you have a CBC w/diff in there too.. you'll want to watch the Hemoglobin and Hematocrit .. as well as know where
    your reds are ......

You'd better get a lipid profile too...

Also a thryoid panel with free T3 and free T4 and TSH... I don't care about the FTI, uptake, or bound stuff.. The bound and total serum T3/T4 get ****ed with oxandralone, test esters, and many other substances. The free's with your TSH is the better measure....... if you were to get hypo during cycle--- your gains would slow..

Young or not.... PSA for prostate is always good to check---

of this list, most you could likely get billed to your insurance by seeing your PCP..

----
    1. I don't feel good ---- lets see if my whites are high........ CBC-D

2. Its hard to get up in the morning-- I'm always cold-- I'd like to see if I'm subclinical hypothyroid... (a lot or morons out there who will try to avoid the FT3 and FT4 run --- but you'll need to make them order them)...

3. lipids--- most insurances will cover more than once per year.... no explanation needed... and if you have prior hyperlipidemia.. let them keep paying for it..

----
    DHT is a pain for them--- takes about a week and its done with frozen serum but its nice to have this one in addition
    to the T&F Test... and estradiols are always good to have on your baseline..
    ----
    Cortisol is cool to watch shift down with the high tests .. and then monitor how it gets on PCT... but its not the cheapest panel..
    I'd do it yourself with ZRT or others and Saliva...... 4 -measurements for about $100....
    -----
    I also personally like to watch teh BUN and BUN/Creat. a bit.. and with the same protein baseline... watch the improved absorption that occurs on cycle...

Quote Originally Posted by BigChuckles
    Wassup guys,

I will be doing a PH/PS cycle in the next couple of weeks. It will be likely 1-test cyp/5 aa cyp or 1-test trans/m5aa. I would like to get a baseline of various parameters in my blood. I was reading a sticky on BB.com and the bare minimum for blood work that was given is.

Chem 20
    Total Test
    Free Test

I found an online company that sets you up with a clinic to have the test done and the prices are $20, $30, $105. I'm not sure if my insurance pays for it (with my insurance I have to pay first then they reimburse me a certain percentage if they cover it). Do you guys think these tests will suffice or do I need to add or subtract some tests.

Thanks alot!!!
  3. Board Supporter

Wow, great post crazydoc! Not to hijack the thread, as this is kind of on topic - I saw a commercial for a 'menopause monitor' that tests FSH the other night, and wondered if there would be any benefit to using one post cycle? Would it be a cheap, convenient way to monitor PCT? They're $20 and OTC, but may not be accurate enough or even relevant. Just curious, thanks.
    •   

4. New Member

FSH is of value as well..... particularly if your tinkering with long term and want a sufficiently motile sperm population.... You'll have your FSH and LH suppression (damn near full in many) in just a few weeks at the traditional cycling dosages of testosterones.

3-4 months after the FSH for the sperm population to normalize... or so that is a figure that I've heard quipped anecdotally.... I'd recommend you search MedLine for some more quantitative data ..

Personally.. I'm far more concerned with LH than FSH but order the panels together for about $35 .... There are also whole blood finger prick spot test kits of LH and FSH if a draw station annoys you..

If your concern is ability to conceive--- FSH...... if its endogenous Test, keeping your muscle, fighting off PCT depression, etc,etc.... its LH........ personally I just add them into my blood work every few weeks .... its interesting to wach the suppression too..
  5. Board Supporter

Good info, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by crazydoc1
    FSH is of value as well..... particularly if your tinkering with long term and want a sufficiently motile sperm population.... You'll have your FSH and LH suppression (damn near full in many) in just a few weeks at the traditional cycling dosages of testosterones.

3-4 months after the FSH for the sperm population to normalize... or so that is a figure that I've heard quipped anecdotally.... I'd recommend you search MedLine for some more quantitative data ..

Personally.. I'm far more concerned with LH than FSH but order the panels together for about $35 .... There are also whole blood finger prick spot test kits of LH and FSH if a draw station annoys you..

If your concern is ability to conceive--- FSH...... if its endogenous Test, keeping your muscle, fighting off PCT depression, etc,etc.... its LH........ personally I just add them into my blood work every few weeks .... its interesting to wach the suppression too..
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'1"  259 lbs.

im going to go get my blood checked pretty soon. Should i just ask for the complete blood test, or does that not even make sense?
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazydoc1
    There are a lot of the online prescription for labwork referral places... lab-safe.com has gotten some positive
    words from the CDC in fact... or just use your PCP ...

Qwest has the Chem23 that includes some liver profile aspects -- with Labcorp, you'll piece it together usually adding
    want you'd like into a Chem14 or a 20. There is a big difference between the insurance bill rate $ and the actual retail
    lab 'unadjusted' $ amounts as well.

You'll want to add in Bilrubin direct, GGTP, and LD.. along with the ALT and AST that should be in your basic metabolic panel.
    You can watch the alcohol push up your AST too....... what fun...

Make sure you have a CBC w/diff in there too.. you'll want to watch the Hemoglobin and Hematocrit .. as well as know where
    your reds are ......

You'd better get a lipid profile too...

Also a thryoid panel with free T3 and free T4 and TSH... I don't care about the FTI, uptake, or bound stuff.. The bound and total serum T3/T4 get ****ed with oxandralone, test esters, and many other substances. The free's with your TSH is the better measure....... if you were to get hypo during cycle--- your gains would slow..

Young or not.... PSA for prostate is always good to check---

of this list, most you could likely get billed to your insurance by seeing your PCP..

----
    1. I don't feel good ---- lets see if my whites are high........ CBC-D

2. Its hard to get up in the morning-- I'm always cold-- I'd like to see if I'm subclinical hypothyroid... (a lot or morons out there who will try to avoid the FT3 and FT4 run --- but you'll need to make them order them)...

3. lipids--- most insurances will cover more than once per year.... no explanation needed... and if you have prior hyperlipidemia.. let them keep paying for it..

----
    DHT is a pain for them--- takes about a week and its done with frozen serum but its nice to have this one in addition
    to the T&F Test... and estradiols are always good to have on your baseline..
    ----
    Cortisol is cool to watch shift down with the high tests .. and then monitor how it gets on PCT... but its not the cheapest panel..
    I'd do it yourself with ZRT or others and Saliva...... 4 -measurements for about $100....
    -----
    I also personally like to watch teh BUN and BUN/Creat. a bit.. and with the same protein baseline... watch the improved absorption that occurs on cycle...
    Wow thanks alot. What about bound test and free test? Wouldn't I want to get a baseline while i'm young? Also what do you think is the bare minimum testing that should be done just in case my insurance doesn't cover it. Most of the time when I make a claim with my insurance I have to pay first. So if it's real expensive I won't be able to afford it right out of pocket as of yet.

Thanks
  8. New Member

"complete" doesn't mean anything to me.... go to Labcorp website and jot down the panels you'd like...

Quote Originally Posted by Harland
    im going to go get my blood checked pretty soon. Should i just ask for the complete blood test, or does that not even make sense?
  9. New Member

I find it very valuable to know where I started out on the total direct and bioavailable test... You may want to order the LH for baseline too...

For Test - CBC-D, comp metabolic including livers (make sure the list includes GGTP, LD, and direct bili as well), Homocysteine, PSA (recent DRE if over 35), DHT, Test T&F, Estradiol (high sensitivity preferred but since its pricy --- regular is usually used), hsCRP, Cortisol (AM), LH/FSH, Lipids (VAP if you feel like spending on it).. also TSH plus FT3 and FT4...

For GH and test - add Insulin and Hemoglobin A1C... and IGF-1..

I don't know how to answer 'bare minimum'......

Or just go hog wild and order the Kronos uber panel -- 150 panels with anti-oxidant profiling for just $1,500... but if your doc orders 3+ from them.. I know they'll shift pricing to $800... It sounds pricy but you get a lot of data for the money.

Get what you can get covered by PCP... then order up the rest yourself and pay.....

Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by BigChuckles
    Wow thanks alot. What about bound test and free test? Wouldn't I want to get a baseline while i'm young? Also what do you think is the bare minimum testing that should be done just in case my insurance doesn't cover it. Most of the time when I make a claim with my insurance I have to pay first. So if it's real expensive I won't be able to afford it right out of pocket as of yet.

Thanks
  10. Advanced Member

Really Good Post CrazyDoc!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. going to ask Dr. for bloodwork
    By acshadow in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2007, 06:44 PM
  2. Cortisol now thought to be reason for stress not vice versa.
    By LakeMountD in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 10:19 AM
  3. Ohio Priest to Be Tried for Nun's Slaying
    By Mach .78 in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-16-2006, 03:47 PM
  4. Palmeiro to be suspended for steroids; denies use
    By D_town in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 11:02 AM
  5. Replies: 6