nolva powder help

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
Does any one know a formula to convert three grams of tomax powder into a solution of 20 mg/ml. Sorry guys im a friggin newbie when it comes to home brews.
Dick

BigChuckles

Awards
Does any one know a formula to convert three grams of tomax powder into a solution of 20 mg/ml. Sorry guys im a friggin newbie when it comes to home brews.
Dick
Amount of solvent used (ml) = 1 ml/20 mg * 1000 mg/1 g * 3 grams = 150 ml.

I think people use everclear as a solvent. I'm not sure what is the saturation point for it though. Maybe someone else can give a suggestion.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just measure out 150ml of everclear or bacardi 151 and mix it with the nolva. Shake.

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
so will that hold in solution or will it be a suspension?
Dick

skeptical

Awards
I much prefer to use PEG-400. The Nolva will never fall out of solution.

147.7 mls of PEG-400, 3 grams Nolva, heat over low in a water bath for 10 or so minutes and you've got 150 mls of Solution at 20 mgs/ml.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I use the bacardi 151 and I have yet to have it fall out of solution. the PEG is a better solvent, but I would rather drink the small amount of alcohol than the peg.

ass2grass

Awards
I use the bacardi 151 and I have yet to have it fall out of solution. the PEG is a better solvent, but I would rather drink the small amount of alcohol than the peg.
why? bacardi being cheaper is the only reason i could think of, but it tastes alot worse.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hehe, I drank too much for 2 years of college. I guess I had so much Bacardi at that point in my life I don't really taste it any more to this day. Glad those days are over, but I guess you stay desensitized. I would rather have 2-3ml of it than peg, taste is def a matter of opinion though.

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
how bad can PEG be? just chase it with something...

BTW: anyone ever order those scented oils to add to solutions from lemelange? you think that could help the taste? or might that fvck around with the powder?

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes you can use PG, but it will be a solution (better), not a suspension. Haven't tried it w/ nolva, but I can't imagine it not disolving in the PG from trying other stuff.

jerolddaviking

Awards
so one can't just mix powdered bulk nolva in any beverage and just drink it? why, something to do with bioavailability/absorption?

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
BTW: anyone ever order those scented oils to add to solutions from lemelange? you think that could help the taste? or might that fvck around with the powder?
I was thinking about doing this... anyone else tried this?

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
I much prefer to use PEG-400. The Nolva will never fall out of solution.

147.7 mls of PEG-400, 3 grams Nolva, heat over low in a water bath for 10 or so minutes and you've got 150 mls of Solution at 20 mgs/ml.
I disagree I prefer peg-600. Peg 400 I had constant crystalyzing issues.

AgnosticFront

AgnosticFront

Awards
i just use olive oil @ 10mg per ML... just shake and draw.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Gum arabic is probably the most effective solvent for nolva that can be found. Just add flavor or it's pretty nasty...

I'm of the kind that I don't really give a **** about the taste...I pound it with a glass of grapefruit juice and call it a day. For those that have less fortitude or need that tooti-fruity **** just add something to cover. The important thing for me is to get as far away from suspensions as possible to increase the accuracy of the dose. For this purpose, gum arabic results in a completely dissolved and highly stable matrix for nolva (or clomid).

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Very nice. I have never tasted and can stomach some nasty tastes so I will start with just the GA.

Thanks.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Quick question -- is there any reason not to use a plastic container for making a homebrew in bacardi 151?

If there's an issue with the alcohol dissolving the plastic, then I'll stick with a glass container.
I put my Nolva and 151 in an old Sesathin bottle...seems ok to me, No leaks or cracks. I put it under very hot tap water and not the complete water bath. That might be why a glass bottle was suggested because the plastic ones tend to warp a bit. By all I had to do is heat a bit and shake and there was very little to almost no crystalized Nolva in my bottle.

Heywood Jablome

Awards
Sorry to comment on an old thread - but I've tried seaching.

What are the instructions for using gum arabic as a solvent for Nolvadex. Also based on the molecular weight of Nolva being fairly high would it be possible to use gum arabic as a solvent for other compounds?

What is the highest concentration that gum arabic will dissolve Nolva at? I also know that gum arabic is highly water soluble. If you could get high enough concentration couldn't you solubalize it in water and then flavor it.

Sorry to ask so many questions.

This is directed to anyone that knows but I'm hoping that Chemo knows.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to comment on an old thread - but I've tried seaching.

What are the instructions for using gum arabic as a solvent for Nolvadex. Also based on the molecular weight of Nolva being fairly high would it be possible to use gum arabic as a solvent for other compounds?

What is the highest concentration that gum arabic will dissolve Nolva at? I also know that gum arabic is highly water soluble. If you could get high enough concentration couldn't you solubalize it in water and then flavor it.

Sorry to ask so many questions.

This is directed to anyone that knows but I'm hoping that Chemo knows.
I'm not Chemo, but I'll try to help as best I can.

First I would say just mix, heat, and shake the Nolva in the GA. From what I gather from Chemo, it should mix quite easily with a bit of heat.

As for the concentration, that just depends on how high you want to dose. Many go by the standard 20mg/ml, but with the RC being tamox cit, you would need to 1.5x the dose to be accurate. But then again with the lack of solubility issues, you could probably get away with 30-40mg/ml. I don't know about the solubility in water, but I'm sure you can add flavoring to it to be humane to your "rats". Just be sure you add that in the concentration calculation, so you know exactly how much you're getting. That's what I've got, maybe Chemo can drop by and give his .02 . Good luck with the mixing man.

BIGAINS

Awards
PG works great for nolva powder at 20-40mg/ml with a drop of pepermint extract. I've read somwhere that peg can decrease oral absorption.

fred9

Awards
remember that 30mg of tamofixen powder is actually 20mg of nolva

littleJ

Awards
I would use a hand blender for about 10 seconds and that will mix it in great. It will also work with anything else you want to mix.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I would use a hand blender for about 10 seconds and that will mix it in great. It will also work with anything else you want to mix.
I will ask what before I give a response... mix what in the blender?

littleJ

Awards
I have used hand blenders to mix stuff before. What ever it is you want to blend together... be it your nolva and everclear, superdrol and olive oil, what ever you want to put into solution, I would use a hand blender. they dont cost much and you can get them any where.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If I were to get Nolva powder and create my own solution, how much better is PEG600 than olive oil(preferably) or 151? I only ask because CNW offers a way better price on the powder than IBE, but CNW doesnt sell the solvents.

Obviously I'd rather not make two seperate orders and be reemed for shipping.

Generally, people seemed pleased with 151 based on searches. It just may require re-heating

I should add EC is illegal in MA.

littleJ

Awards
i have used both everclear and olive oil. the trick with ovile oil is to heat it up a little and then pour in your stuff and then blend with a mixer. with everclear just pour in and then blend with mixer. i am not a mixer seller or anything it just made my life so much easier. the first thing i mixed together was nolva and everclear, then mixed it with the blender and it came out great. the second was superdrol and olive oil, just mixed together it was lumpy as crap, but blended couldn't even tell. so that means you can put it back in the container to "store" it better.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
If I were to get Nolva powder and create my own solution, how much better is PEG600 than olive oil(preferably) or 151? I only ask because CNW offers a way better price on the powder than IBE, but CNW doesnt sell the solvents.

Generally, people seemed pleased with 151 based on searches. It just may require re-heating

It may go into solution a bit easier, but OO and 151 may be a bit easier on the palate, it's up to you though. I have a Nolva homebrew that I made, 20mg/ml (151 was the solvent) and it has yet come out of solution and i haven't used it in about 2.5 months. It's just been sitting in a drawer. It's all up to you and your tastebuds, I would go with the OO or 151 for convenience of buying.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It may go into solution a bit easier, but OO and 151 may be a bit easier on the palate, it's up to you though. I have a Nolva homebrew that I made, 20mg/ml (151 was the solvent) and it has yet come out of solution and i haven't used it in about 2.5 months. It's just been sitting in a drawer. It's all up to you and your tastebuds, I would go with the OO or 151 for convenience of buying.
thanks. I'll use 151 - it will probably stay fresh alot longer

GoPower

Banned
Awards

I would choose PEG600 because the Novla dissolves in it, not just floating. No everyday shaking, no reheating, no beaters...

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I would choose PEG600 because the Novla dissolves in it, not just floating. No everyday shaking, no reheating, no beaters...
ITs too much of a pain to get the PEG, I'm going to use 151. If custom offered PEG I'd definitely use that (hint hint matt)

GoPower

Banned
Awards
ITs too much of a pain to get the PEG, I'm going to use 151. If custom offered PEG I'd definitely use that (hint hint matt)
I'm sure Matt appreciates your customer loyality, but there are other places to purchase PEG 600.