Epistane and Prohormones and Squating

ltdshred01

Awards
Hey everyone, I've been at a plateau for 6 months, and I'm not going to waste my money on test boosters. I'm going to try epistane for a three-week cycle. Now do most people change their workout when they are on the prohormone or keep it the same? I hope to deep squat three times a week so I can push my max up about 30-50 lbs or so. Would those strength gains be unrealistic, or do I have the right frame of mind?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
You could change to a new routine or keep the same routine to better judge progress. To be honest, i dont think any compound can bump your strength up 50lbs in 3 weeks. What is your bodyweight now? and what is your squat weight.

Every compound takes a period of time to be run before strength gains are seen. Usually 1-2 weeks and they will be going up quickly. Id recommend running epistane for 4-6 weeks for best effects. With myself epistane "kicks in" at the beginning of the second week and i notice rapid gains. Keep that in mind. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you instantly got 50lbs stronger your body wouldnt be able to deal with the rapid strength gains and u will likely get joint pain and possibly injury. That said, 30lbs on squat would be very doable on a 4 week epi cycle.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Another thing, what is your squat program like now? There are a lot of powerlifting oriented squat routines that are very effective if you want to try that before jumping into hormonal alternatives

ltdshred01

Awards
You could change to a new routine or keep the same routine to better judge progress. To be honest, i dont think any compound can bump your strength up 50lbs in 3 weeks. What is your bodyweight now? and what is your squat weight.

Every compound takes a period of time to be run before strength gains are seen. Usually 1-2 weeks and they will be going up quickly. Id recommend running epistane for 4-6 weeks for best effects. With myself epistane "kicks in" at the beginning of the second week and i notice rapid gains. Keep that in mind. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you instantly got 50lbs stronger your body wouldnt be able to deal with the rapid strength gains and u will likely get joint pain and possibly injury. That said, 30lbs on squat would be very doable on a 4 week epi cycle.
My bodyweight is 185. My parallel squat is 315, my deep squat (olympic squat) is about 70 lbs under for some odd reason. I got off powerlifting squats and got into olympic squats because they're better for the knees and you use more glute activation. I see what you're saying about 50 lbs, but keep in mind that there are plenty of olympic athletes who make that kind of progress within 1-2 months compared to the 10-20 lbs I get per 3 months. I don't want to stay on epistane for long, but I'm willing to do 4 weeks if that's what it takes to get my deep squat up to my parallel squat.

ltdshred01

Awards
I'm not a powerlifter. I'm wanting to get into mma training, and I think deep squats are the best solution to add weight and jump a weight class. My goal is to bench and row 225 for reps and full squat (olympic) 315 for reps. I think the hormonal alternatives are beneficial. I've been doing my research and I'm at the reccommended age. I just want to hear some testimonials and tips on how to use epistane effectively.

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
@ you're weight I was squating 500+, change you're routine man, you have a lot more natural potential left. Something is off if you've stayed stagnant for 6 months. Sorry, that weight is very low, you have a lot more potential in you bro, @#$%ing attack that weight and bump your macros!

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
Sd, Epi 6 weeks, tren are all pretty rad though

Bagged01

Awards
  • Established
epi for 6 weeks is a good frist cycle, hell i plan to do it in 2months and ive done it before i just like the compound alot

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
On a 6 seeker of Epi and sd. 1st week, love the 2 compounds!

ltdshred01

Awards
one, are you talking full squat or parallel squat (powerlifting)? cause full squats are a lot harder. and two, I've been lifting for 1.5 years. I'm at average at the moment.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
one, are you talking full squat or parallel squat (powerlifting)? cause full squats are a lot harder. and two, I've been lifting for 1.5 years. I'm at average at the moment.
I would say below average... dont get me wrong, no insult and Im not expert but I have only been lifting for 4 months and am squatting 275... I weigh 185 - I expect to be at 300 within a month. sounds like your diet or training are not optimal. post up so we can see... diet, macros, training program. here to help!

ltdshred01

Awards
are you talking powerlifting squat? full squat? half-squat? need to be specific. that's unheard of if you full squat that in four months unless you do the GOMAD 5x5 workout, then I would say it might be possible. two, i learned weight-lifting on my own, so I had to go through a period 3-4 months doing it wrong.

MRogers

Banned
Awards
Your going to want to run Epi for 6 weeks probably something like this 20/30/30/30/40/40 just as an example. Regarding your squatting ya you should be able to deep squat three times a week i did and added about 30lbs to it. Bench shot up even more. Happy cycling!

Sweekaters

Awards
Learn how to train and eat properly before you run a cycle or you won't get much out of it. You should be squatting much, much more than that after a year and a half.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Learn how to train and eat properly before you run a cycle or you won't get much out of it. You should be squatting much, much more than that after a year and a half.
Going to second this.

PHs are great when used correctly, but don't take them to get over a plateau that can be broken in another way. If i were you, i would look in to the Westside Barbell training techniques. I GUARANTEE you will break that plateau through their training and a bit of tampering with your nutrition.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
are you talking powerlifting squat? full squat? half-squat? need to be specific. that's unheard of if you full squat that in four months unless you do the GOMAD 5x5 workout, then I would say it might be possible. two, i learned weight-lifting on my own, so I had to go through a period 3-4 months doing it wrong.
Ass to Grass squat... no gomad, and I do my own 5x5 program where I am squatting 2X every 8 days.

Post up your routine, meal plan, etc..

ltdshred01

Awards
My routine consists of an A B routine.

A Routine - Upper Body

Lat Pull Downs 10 8 6 workout (increasing weights)
Flat Bench 8 6 4 2 1 6 (varying weights and cooling off at the last set)
Uni Lateral Training (varying reps and weights 8-12)
Dips (how ever many I can do)
Press 10 8 6

B Routine - Lower Body

ATG Squats 8 6 4 2 6 (Increasing weights, last set cool off)
Deadlifts 5 (One set of deadlifts, five reps only)

My Dieting is very flexible. I eat anything but sugar and caffeine. I try to consume a .7g-.8g to bodyweight protein ratio (I find it difficult to do 1g for 1b). I try to consume around 2700-3000 calories a day. I hope to be in the heavyweight class. My height is 6', I hope to increase from 185 lbs to 225 lbs (mix of fat and muscle weight). I strive for a physique like Mirko CroCop or a football player. I really hope to increase the size and strength of my legs.

I do admit I did binge drink this weekend, but I see that not happening as often in the future and especially not when I'm on epistane. From May to Mid September I did not binge or drink at all. I did have my wisdom teeth taking out and took a week off to go on vacation.

ltdshred01

Awards
You also have to consider the fact that I'm a self-taught lifter. I started ATG squats in september and I haven't maxed my box squats in months.

carnivalhobo

Awards
Pretty sure your squat isnt going to get markedly better by squatting alone. Do some accessory work, look for stuff to help you out of the hole if thats your weak point. Work on activating your hips and recruiting all the muscle you have. Post videos so people can critique your form. I think gear should be the icing on the cake, not a bandaid to cover inadequate training.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
ok, thats the answer.. you routine sucks...

Get on a tried and proven program and you will see gains. Skip the epi for now - save it for later down the road.

May sound harsh but I am confident your program is sub-par. Stronglifts, Starting Strength, Madcow5x5.... any of them...

ltdshred01

Awards
ok, thats the answer.. you routine sucks...

Get on a tried and proven program and you will see gains. Skip the epi for now - save it for later down the road.

May sound harsh but I am confident your program is sub-par. Stronglifts, Starting Strength, Madcow5x5.... any of them...
Those are strength programs. I'm on a hypertrophy at the moment, I think I'll start a strength program next one. Have you heard of the bulgarian training program?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I have not..

your issue is a plateau... a hypertrophy program isnt going to do sh*t for a plataue....

groverino

Awards
@ you're weight I was squating 500+, change you're routine man, you have a lot more natural potential left. Something is off if you've stayed stagnant for 6 months. Sorry, that weight is very low, you have a lot more potential in you bro, @#$%ing attack that weight and bump your macros!
That's very impressive considering the unequipped or "raw" record in the US for that weight class is 575 lbs.

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
That's very impressive considering the unequipped or "raw" record in the US for that weight class is 575 lbs.
Really? Thanks man! I doubt I get "low enough" but holy damn has it killed my quads days later and has proved to be quite anabolic :D