GLUCOPHAGE

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.5%

GLUCOPHAGE

Has anyone used GLUCOPHAGE or metformin witch is the active ingredient. If so what did you think? what was the stack? I am thinking of stacking it with GH.

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I am on it because I am diabetic. There is no reason for you to use it stay away. here is a post I did on the sides at CF

A little more on the sides.
    http://www.chemicalfitness.com/forum...read.php?t=768
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One side that bugs me is that metformin tends to reduce testosterone in woman and hense sex drive so if your girl is taking it beware, she may have a long lasting headache.

The below is not common but is more likely if your on cycle. Also it is fatal almost 50% of the time.

LACTIC ACIDOSIS. About 3 of every 100,000 people who take metformin will develop a medical emergency called "lactic acidosis". Lactic acid is a metabolic byproduct that can become toxic if it builds up faster than it is neutralized. Lactic acidosis is most likely to occur in people who with diabetes, kidney or liver disease, multiple medications, dehydration, or severe chronic stress.

Lactic acidosis can gradually build up. Symptoms to watch for include a need to breathe deeply and more rapidly, a slow, irregular pulse, a feeling of weakness, muscle pain, sleepiness, and a sense of feeling very sick. Treatment requires intravenous administration of sodium bicarbonate. Contact your doctor or go immediately to a hospital emergency room if you have these symptoms.

This is why it give you the ****s some times/

BILE ABNORMALITIES. Bile is produced by the liver, stored in the gallbladder, and secreted into the intestines in order to absorb fats into the bloodstream. One possible reason for the GI problems is that metformin reduces normal reabsorption of bile from the intestines back into the bloodstream, which causes elevated bile salt concentrations in the colon.(25) Most studies suggest that colonic bile salts cause free radical damage to DNA and may contribute to colon cancer.(

These last two are not that serous health wise but if your trying to grow they suck big time. BTW the 10 to 30% is being debated. It may effect more people then first thought

VITAMIN B12 MALABSORPTION. Of patients who take metformin, 10%-30% show evidence of reduced vitamin B12 absorption. A substance formed in the stomach called "intrinsic factor" combines with B12 so that it can be transferred into the blood. Metformin interferes with the ability of your cells to absorb this intrinsic factor-vitamin B12 complex.(12)

ANEMIA. By preventing optimal absorption of vitamins B12 and folic acid, metformin could induce or contribute to megaloblastic anemia.(23) Megaloblastic anemia occurs when your bone marrow doesn't have enough B vitamins to manufacture red blood cells. Your bone marrow then releases immature and dysfunctional red blood cells into circulation.

I tend to get a some gas and other light problems plus I am anemic (not right now though, been on EQ for months ) After I get off the EQ I am going to start injecting a b complex and see if that helps.

Update. Taking a B complex shot seams to work well.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.83%

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo75
    Has anyone used GLUCOPHAGE or metformin witch is the active ingredient. If so what did you thin
    k? what was the stack? I am thinking of stacking it with GH.
    you have to be very careful when using insulin, its not like steroids it is very dangerous if not used properly. do alot of research before you start. im sure you know you have to consume a carb shake within 15min. of shooting insulin or your levels can drop to low and send you into a coma. but when used properly with growth hormone it can increase growth and burn fat like nothing else.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.07%

Metformin is not insulin, it's for type-2 diabetic treatment.. Bodybuilders use it for carb-loading pre-contest, because it's a nutrient partitioner.. It's supposed to help clear receptors for better insulin uptake, right Skye?
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.08%

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    Metformin is not insulin, it's for type-2 diabetic treatment.. Bodybuilders use it for carb-loading pre-contest, because it's a nutrient partitioner.. It's supposed to help clear receptors for better insulin uptake, right Skye?
    Yup, genrally speaking docs perscrib it to imporve the circlation of sugar. The drugs primary use when it was first aproved was in decreasing the insulin resistance of the liver, to prevent the liver from pushing out too much sugar (a major problem). It also helps be reducing insulin resistance in genral, wieght loss, and reducing the amount of insulin need.
  6. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.58%

my mom is a type 2 diabetic, and she has a ton of it in the medicine cabinet.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Jarconis
    my mom is a type 2 diabetic, and she has a ton of it in the medicine cabinet.
    yah, that is another problem with it, the effective dose is usually about a 1/2gram to 2 grams of the stuff. It can be pretty harsh
  8. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.07%

Quote Originally Posted by Skye
    yah, that is another problem with it, the effective dose is usually about a 1/2gram to 2 grams of the stuff. It can be pretty harsh
    Yeah, I know guys who take 500mg per 100g carbs, like 50g in a PWO shake with 500mg, then another 50g carbs shortly after.. Pretty much, they use it like it was Humalog..
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.08%

Quote Originally Posted by bigpetefox
    Yeah, I know guys who take 500mg per 100g carbs, like 50g in a PWO shake with 500mg, then another 50g carbs shortly after.. Pretty much, they use it like it was Humalog..
    did they have any results fromt that? I would think that would make them sick
  10. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.07%

As far as one of my boys said, it helped him fill out abit before prejudging..

Similar Forum Threads

1. Glucophage question
    By wrestler119 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 07:35 AM
  2. Glucophage experiences
    By ohashi in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2004, 09:14 PM
  3. glucophage?
    By jcam222 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1