Losing size while on cycle...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently in week 3 of my cycle which consists of 200mg EOD of prop. I was doing pretty good strength wise for the first week and a half or so, but within the last 3-4 days, I noticed that I've lost 1/4" - 1/2" in various measurements. Weight is also down 4 lbs. as of today. I didn't notice these changes until I did my weekly measurements, etc...My BF% is the same as well.

The only thing that's changed recently is my routine. I switched from a HIT routine to a modified 5x5. I have since swiched back due to the decrease in size, strength. I dunno why this is occuring, or what I should do to fix it.

The only thing that I can think of is to take a week off and see how I do the next. Diet is the same and have even upped my cals more to try and help stave off this weird occurance of catabolism. Any suggestions???

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
could it be that you are leaning out? just a thought..
also are you losing weight?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
It's funny though, just the other day I was saying how I was up to 255 and loving my cycle...lol...what a weird fluctuation...

I also pondered that it could be just water loss, but I haven't been using any anit-e's and I appear to be the same skin texture wise...it's a mystery that's for sure...

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I'm guessing fat or water also, with 200mg EOD of known good prop (is it?) I can't see you losing any mass.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
with 4lb that could easily be just water shed. where you holding a lot ?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Weave, yeah I think you're right man....the prop's from a newer UG lab, but nonetheless, it's good to go and well respected...

Skye, now that I think about it, I had to run 60mg nolva for like 4 days or so about a week and a half ago due to gyno starting to set in again (I'm prone to gyno) and I always dose my nolva until a day after it subsides, then I'll just hold off until it happens again...I try not to tun a maintenance dose unless I have to....and in this case, so far I haven't had to....

But I thought that it wouldn't reduce water THAT much....and enough to lose some actual size to boot....guess I was wrong?

And another reason I didn't think it was the nolva was cuz I didn't see the loss in size, etc until a few days afo like I said above....and this was well after I quit the nolva to correct te gyno situation...SO:) can nolva really wash me out that bad in regards to water and size? If so, then damn, I'd be a friggin' skeleton if I were to use an AI....LOL...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm down another 3 lbs. as of this morning. Diabetes runs in my family, so I'm gonna err on the side of caution here and start my PCT. I've also lost and additional 1/8" on arms, chest, etc, since just last night. Beyond me why this is occuring especially at almost 6000 calories/day.....something health wise just isn't right here. I'm going to make an appt. with my doctor....wish me luck fellas. :blink:

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
sounds like your thryoid is kicking into high gear.. I agree with you.. time to head to the ole sawbones..

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I used my friends meter a little while ago as he's a diabetic and tested myself. It came out at 100. I also noticed that I'm looking alot leaner now thought too. WOw, at the very least, my possible hyperthyroidism got me a little cut. :D how thoughtful of it.....:lol:

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Well, I went to my doc's office and everything check out okay. I couldn't really say too much more than "I lost 7 or so lbs. in the last 3 days....

So he ran some tests, etc, and just told me to keep an eye on it and let him know if anything else starts to happen. I felt kinds stupid though cuz as of today, I'm up to 257lbs. and yesterday I was like 254...LOL...so my weight stabilized and rose again within that short amount of time....

I also lowered my prop dose to 150 EOD down from 200 EOD. I think it was just raising my metabolism due to the higher dose that my body probably didn't even need....

That combined with stress, new-job, and possible overtraining since I started that new 5x5 routine that simply crushed me...LOL...all was a contributing factor...

SO, back on track fellas.....gonna get my lean mass outa this one....you can bet on it.... :thumbsup:

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear everything is OK, really would make you wonder though...losing while "on" and with the diet in check. Seems like a good rationale of the higher dose speeding up the metabolism.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ya didnt drink any river water in africa did you? ( just want to rule out the tapeworm theory :) )

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
LOL, nah, just from the toilet...hehe...

Only Pittsburgh city water and Dasani here my friend... :drunk: :D