looking for PH suggestions based on situation

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
I'm currently doing my first ph cycle, running IBE epi. I'm enjoying it quite a bit, 5 lbs. up less than 2 weeks in, and strength gains REALLY kicking in. Push up total AND bench strength going up, at the same time. I'm thinking I'd like to squeeze in another cycle of something before I ship off for the service next year. The problem I have with epi is that it's making me hungry. I was up 8 lbs. before I realized I was overshooting my diet, and backed off a bit. A lot of the training I do is bodyweight stuff, so gained weight is not that great, and I already carry a little more fat than I'd like (but who doesn't, right?). I'm looking for something that will help my strength and recovery without making me want to eat a house. I'm leaning towards h-drol at the moment. The epi is working well, but I'd like to try something different to see if there is something better for my very specific goals.

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
If it makes a difference, I'm 28 years old, 6' tall and 210 lbs. Probably mid teens for body fat %.

apoxtle

apoxtle

Awards
  • Established
h-drol worked very well for me. it was my first and third cycle. my first cycle i seriously gained 20lbs. currently putting together a andromass and epi cycle.

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
Sorry guys, I know this stuff has been asked plenty of times, but every time I turn around different things are/aren't available/legal anymore. It's really hard to find info that's completely up to date. Maybe an H-drol/Furuza-a stack?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Epi is pretty dry for the most part. Whether you gain weight or not on it is going to depend on your diet. I mean if you are putting on muscle you ARE going to gain weight.

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
Epi is pretty dry for the most part. Whether you gain weight or not on it is going to depend on your diet. I mean if you are putting on muscle you ARE going to gain weight.
Oh yeah, I totally get that, and the 5 lbs. I've gained is almost comletely lean as far as I can tell. In fact, when I stopped to think about it, the hunger hasn't been so bad in the past couple days. I'd be happy to use epi again, maybe as a stack. I'm looking into trenazone at the moment, but for the methylated(sp?) side of the stack I'd probably like to stick to either epi or H-drol, unless someone has other ideas based on my goals of pure strength.

BTW, thanks for the feedback so far guys.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Well, make sure you keep in mind that time on+plus pct=time off before you start another cycle. An epi/katana cycle could give you some really nice lean, dry gains next time around. Maybe run transaderm while on. Then throw in some DAA in your pct.

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
It's entirely possible that I won't have time to do another cycle before I ship. If it's even a question, I won't push it. I've got 2 more weeks on epi, then 4 weeks with tamox and erase for PCT.

Meh, I'm betting I won't have time to do another cycle. No need to push it when it comes to one's health, right?

I will, however, look into those products you mentioned, as once I'm out of basic I'm sure I'll be itching to get back to it.

Thanks for taking the time!

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are you going into? Are you going to basic or already in? When are you going?

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
I'm shipping in January for the Army. Not in yet. So many people going in that everyone has to wait.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ok so a few things:

1. Basic is a complete joke
2. Army PT is a complete joke
3. Don't do PHs before basic, the food sucks
4. Where are you going to basic?
5. You want to work on pushups, sit-ups, running. general endurance, not strength, size, mass, etc. It'll benefit you in the long run

Any questions?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
here is the thing, you are taking a androgenic/ANABOLIC steroid, in the body, the anabolic process requires more energy. so (trying to word this correct) you are building up, and that is going to require more food.

if you dont want to gains weight, and just want to use the steroid to prevent muscle catabolism on a diet, a low dose is all you need (10-20mg)

but if you want to build muscle, you are going to have to eat more. diet and training intensity will determine the type of weight gain/fat loss.

something I like to do is use ephedrine on cycle. if you aren't healthy and get sides like bp in the hypertensive range, this option probably isn't for you.

but it curbs hunger, aids in fat loss, and gives solid energy when im feeling lethargic.

and it's cheap. a box of bronkaid from walgreens is like 12-13 bucks, and has like 50 tabs. I only use one tab, im not trying to run a fat loss stack.

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
ok so a few things:

1. Basic is a complete joke
2. Army PT is a complete joke
3. Don't do PHs before basic, the food sucks
4. Where are you going to basic?
5. You want to work on pushups, sit-ups, running. general endurance, not strength, size, mass, etc. It'll benefit you in the long run

Any questions?
Last time I did a fitness test I did 62 pushups in 2 minutes. Yesterday at the end of 1 1/2 hours of pt I did 65 in less than 1:30, so I've seen benefits from the epi. I'm not looking for mass, I said that at the beginning, but that doesn't mean I want to give up what muscle I have if I can help it. I'm going to basic at Ft. Benning.

I have come to the conclusion that I won't have time for another cycle before I leave, but as I said, I really do appreciate the help from everyone.

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
here is the thing, you are taking a androgenic/ANABOLIC steroid, in the body, the anabolic process requires more energy. so (trying to word this correct) you are building up, and that is going to require more food.

if you dont want to gains weight, and just want to use the steroid to prevent muscle catabolism on a diet, a low dose is all you need (10-20mg)

but if you want to build muscle, you are going to have to eat more. diet and training intensity will determine the type of weight gain/fat loss.

something I like to do is use ephedrine on cycle. if you aren't healthy and get sides like bp in the hypertensive range, this option probably isn't for you.

but it curbs hunger, aids in fat loss, and gives solid energy when im feeling lethargic.

and it's cheap. a box of bronkaid from walgreens is like 12-13 bucks, and has like 50 tabs. I only use one tab, im not trying to run a fat loss stack.
I'm not even drinking anything with caffeine in it. My BP has always been on the high side, so I haven't had any stims at all while on. I've done an EC stack before, so I know what that's about, and I may do it again if I decide to cut more before I leave. I wasn't planning on cutting, but I may want to if I gain much more on this cycle.

I'm only 1 1/2 weeks into my cycle, and already have had great strength gains, so I'm happy with my progress. It's been a bit of an experiment, seeing as my goals are quite different from most using these products.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
there's just not much point in putting on a lot of muscle before basic, it's all going to disappear. You eat at like 0500, 1300, 1700 each day. Never enough food or protein, and you have about 7 minutes. You'll be burning so many calories that you are going to lose a good deal of muscle and strength. While its not bad to be on cycle right now, you're likely going to lose it all and more at basic.

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
Yeah, I know I will. I don't mind, actually. I'm already in pretty good shape, and the high reps of bodywieght stuff has actually given me some good hypertrophy in my upper body which is nice because I thought I would be losing mass.

I've got plenty of fat to give up, so I'm not worried about losing size and some muscle.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cool, sounds good. and I'm not just saying this stuff. I'm a LT. Been through numerous training events with the army

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
too bad you couldn't take a bottle of epi or hdrol with you to basic, 10mg of epi, or 50mg of hd would help slow down/prevent muscle catabolism.

Gavin9

Awards
H-drol is a great option or if your epi cycle goes great just run it again!

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
too bad you couldn't take a bottle of epi or hdrol with you to basic, 10mg of epi, or 50mg of hd would help slow down/prevent muscle catabolism.
Lol. . .I'll just look at it like a 9 week cut. God knows I can use it. Once I'm done I'll grab something a little more hard core like superdrol or boladrol and get my lean bulk on.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought it was 12 weeks. You'll be going basic then your MOS right away though. What is it btw

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
I thought it was 12 weeks. You'll be going basic then your MOS right away though. What is it btw
MOS is 25Sierra, satcom. Basic is 9-10 weeks, 9 officially with 1 more week to finish up requirements and get ready for graduation. Then I'm off to Ft. Gordon for AIT that's supposed to be 26 weeks, but usually lasts much longer. Luckily once I've been at Gordon for 11 weeks I SHOULD get to move off base and live with my wife. Getting a housing allowance for your spouse is a perk of having an AIT longer than 20 weeks, which is good because I've heard of people spending almost 1 year at Gordon to finish AIT for this particular MOS.

Once I'm able to move off base I'll have some freedom again to control my diet and supplements.

So we'll call it a 20 week cut, lol. 6 pack here I come!

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good luck bro. I find it funny that its that long when BOLC is 11-42 weeks (dependent on branch)

You'll be so busy that you'll lose quite a bit of bf. Just don't get greedy with the dessert in the DFAC lol. Make good food choices and you'll get ripped.

TateFTW

TateFTW

Awards
That's good to hear. I never eat dessert anyways, ever, so no worries there.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah there's lots of tricks and tips. I lost 10lbs of fat in 4 weeks while eating MREs everyday. Just gotta trade and eat the good stuff, pb and stuff that's healthy and calorically filling. Any questions or tips PM me.

I've always loved long training cause I lose fat

chrisrob05

chrisrob05

Awards
Yeah, I know I will. I don't mind, actually. I'm already in pretty good shape, and the high reps of bodywieght stuff has actually given me some good hypertrophy in my upper body which is nice because I thought I would be losing mass.

I've got plenty of fat to give up, so I'm not worried about losing size and some muscle.
When I went to basic, the shoulders of my BDU's and T-shirts started to smell like ammonia. I brought it up to my drill sergeant and he told me that my body was burning muscle-I started losing it by week 4. By the end I was pretty toned, but I lost a lot of upper body mass. My legs stayed about the same though. There's just not enough calories and protein in basic. I could only lift on the weekends in AIT. Just wait til you get to your permanant duty station. You'll bulk up fast!! I promise!!!