Do you tell anyone that your "ON"?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    lorden24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    63.63%

    Do you tell anyone that your "ON"?


    Is anyone here open about there use of anabolics in real life? Personally, I have never told ANYONE who actually knows my identity that I've used and plan to use more, and I never will. It's just something that I feel the general public does not understand, and it's not something I want people tying my face too. I tell no one, do you?

  2. New Member
    lorden24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    63.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by M31 View Post
    To the average person, no, it isn't worth explaining.

    The moment you let it be know you use anabolics, people will act like your discipline in sticking to your diet and routine counts for nothing.

    Honestly, just f*** people.
    that's exactly one of the big reasons I don't tell anyone myself, while I do understand that being ON gives me an edge, I still bust my ass and stay strict with everything. And I built quite a good body before I decided to take the next step. But the moment you someone you use, the average person gets the idea that I'm big only because of the steroids.
  3. Advanced Member
    T50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    869
    Rep Power
    6739
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    26.89%

    Only a few close friends, most of them also cycle.
    Cutting all summer, cycle in September
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    biggy57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    65
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    88.13%

    Yea. Close friends. But it's honestly cool that I'm at the point now where most people just expect it because my size. I never say yay or nay, but people just assume. It's a good feeling to me. Haha
  5. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,940
    Rep Power
    2998190
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    97.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    i dont have any friends to tell. im not a very social person to begin with. mainly because 99% of people dont have the same intrest as I do, and so i have nothing i care to talk about with them, or listen to what they have to say.

    my wife thinks i just use supplements. which is partially true, as everything i take is sold from supplement shops.

    im sure some people wonder or think it, but they dont say anything to me, and i dont say anything to them either.

    to all, i am a guy who works out hard, eats alot of protein, and takes supplements.
  6. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,940
    Rep Power
    2998190
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    97.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    thats funny.
  7. Senior Member
    ambulldog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,964
    Rep Power
    8436
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    17.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    im on trt and have no problem telling people about it. i encourage a lot of the guys i work with to at least go and get their bw done if for nothing else other than curiositys sake. i was low but didnt really know it. i got tested because i felt that from reading about test boosters i was feeling way too good a couple years ago. as for my cycling usage i keep that info to a minimum
    Noob looking for alot of guidance
    I've got a hold of some omnadren 250(is sustanon better?) and I'm pretty much clueless about steroids. All i know about it is that it easily aromatizes and it holds alot of water
  8. Advanced Member
    T50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    869
    Rep Power
    6739
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    26.89%

    Quote Originally Posted by ambulldog View Post
    im on trt and have no problem telling people about it. i encourage a lot of the guys i work with to at least go and get their bw done if for nothing else other than curiositys sake. i was low but didnt really know it. i got tested because i felt that from reading about test boosters i was feeling way too good a couple years ago. as for my cycling usage i keep that info to a minimum
    Yea man, my friend's dad is on TRT (not trying to make you feel old hahaha) and I've tried to convince mine to get tested and see but he didn't seem interested. I did get him to start using magnesium oil and he has seemed to lean out in the last 3 months since he started.

    And yea, I feel there's a big difference to other people in TRT vs cycling. One is a little more acceptable lol.
    Cutting all summer, cycle in September
  9. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,745
    Rep Power
    1317333
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I tell my wife and close friends. They're the only ones that I would really care to tell as most are so convinced by the media that they're evil.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  10. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,940
    Rep Power
    2998190
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    97.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    yea, media convinced my wife.
    now, If I could only get DR OZ to do a show on how steroids are safe when used responsibly, i'd be all set. his word is practically like budah or some sht.
  11. Advanced Member
    T50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    869
    Rep Power
    6739
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    26.89%

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    yea, media convinced my wife.
    now, If I could only get DR OZ to do a show on how steroids are safe when used responsibly, i'd be all set. his word is practically like budah or some sht.
    If Dr. Oz had a special on steroids...omg they would be legal the next day lol.
    Cutting all summer, cycle in September
  12. Elite Member
    GeekPoop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  232 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,262
    Rep Power
    234821
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    92.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    nopers, no ones business cept my own
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
  13. New Member
    lorden24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    63.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    I tell my wife and close friends. They're the only ones that I would really care to tell as most are so convinced by the media that they're evil.
    exactly, people hear your on steroids they start viewing you like a heroin addict
  14. New Member
    lorden24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    63.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by biggy57 View Post
    Yea. Close friends. But it's honestly cool that I'm at the point now where most people just expect it because my size. I never say yay or nay, but people just assume. It's a good feeling to me. Haha
    thats sick man i wish i big enough that people expect it
  15. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251879
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by lorden24 View Post
    exactly, people hear your on steroids they start viewing you like a heroin addict
    Well, because they are drugs. Lets face facts. Aaaand are heroin addicts open and flaunting about their use? No.

    If you cant figure out on your own if someones on cycle then you dont deserve to know. My opinion.

    Im always honest with people... that doesnt always mean I cant elude away from a straight answer if I feel its undeserving or not their place to know. But I wont lie.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  16. New Member
    dollerbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    33.88%

    Only my brother (who almost cycled himself) and a few coworkers who have or are currently cycling.
  17. New Member
    EBSNW1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    287
    Rep Power
    1113
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    8.85%

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    yea, media convinced my wife.
    now, If I could only get DR OZ to do a show on how steroids are safe when used responsibly, i'd be all set. his word is practically like budah or some sht.
    Its pretty funny how every documentary on steroids is all about the fact that they are bad and can cause this and that. There is absolutely no unbiased documentary that takes a scientific approach and tells it like it is. Its probably because people would then accuse them of condoning the use of steroids.

    If someone asks me what I'm taking, I say "protein" and walk away.
  18. Advanced Member
    pillsRgood's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    585
    Rep Power
    1113
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    55.04%

    Quote Originally Posted by EBSNW1

    Its pretty funny how every documentary on steroids is all about the fact that they are bad and can cause this and that. There is absolutely no unbiased documentary that takes a scientific approach and tells it like it is. Its probably because people would then accuse them of condoning the use of steroids.

    If someone asks me what I'm taking, I say "protein" and walk away.
    YouTube "truth about steroids" and watch the hbo special bryant gumble(real sports) did on them. It's about the only somewhat positive report I've ever seen done...
    You are born small and weak, you die small and weak...How you look in-between is entirely up to you...
  19. Professional Member
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    81805
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    60.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i dont use, but givne the reactions people have to taking anything. (whey included) i dont bother bring up any supp i use / have used...
  20. New Member
    DBinMD's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    60
    Posts
    372
    Rep Power
    281
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%

    Quote Originally Posted by lorden24 View Post
    Is anyone here open about there use of anabolics in real life? Personally, I have never told ANYONE who actually knows my identity that I've used and plan to use more, and I never will. It's just something that I feel the general public does not understand, and it's not something I want people tying my face too. I tell no one, do you?
    I'm pretty much on the same page as Ambulldog as far as TRT. I'm honest about it to my friends, advise the older dudes to stop beating their heads up against the wall. I'm 56, nothing to be ashamed of. As far as when i blast, only to those who do similar. Like others who said it, too, as soon as you say you're on then all your hard work counts for nothing. IOW, it wouldn't have mattered that I benched 300 lbs at about 150lbs before I ever touched an anabolic.
  21. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,745
    Rep Power
    1317333
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by lorden24 View Post
    exactly, people hear your on steroids they start viewing you like a heroin addict
    My friend's GF overhead me talking to him about my cycle plans and she had this awful, repulsed look on her face. I looked at her and said, "I find it ironic that your judging my use of a drug while you're on your 3rd mixed drink of the evening." She was a little bit more willing to listen after that.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  22. New Member
    DBinMD's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Age
    60
    Posts
    372
    Rep Power
    281
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    69.26%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    My friend's GF overhead me talking to him about my cycle plans and she had this awful, repulsed look on her face. I looked at her and said, "I find it ironic that your judging my use of a drug while you're on your 3rd mixed drink of the evening." She was a little bit more willing to listen after that.
    Sure, what do you expect from ignorance. Recently, on some of those reality shows was the ass who claims his arms blew up because of AAS and not synthrol, a couple of dweebs who wanted a quick fix who had real personality disorders. The best of the lot was someone who wanted to make the cover of some men's fitness mag with the implication he was all natural.

    Glad you turned it around, I can't think of 1 advantage that drinking has over AAS.
  23. Senior Member
    swollen87's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    2722
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    35.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    whether i am on or not..... i still get accused of taking them..... im about to start a cycle monday.... someone just last night said " Theres no way youre natural"

    but my close friends, girlfriend, family (for the most part) all know..... i just try to make sure the cops dont find out
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  24. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,745
    Rep Power
    1317333
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DBinMD View Post
    Sure, what do you expect from ignorance. Recently, on some of those reality shows was the ass who claims his arms blew up because of AAS and not synthrol, a couple of dweebs who wanted a quick fix who had real personality disorders. The best of the lot was someone who wanted to make the cover of some men's fitness mag with the implication he was all natural.

    Glad you turned it around, I can't think of 1 advantage that drinking has over AAS.
    We were at my friend's place along with about 10 other people. She asked my wife if she knew and she said yes. She explained that she knew I was both responsible and mature to do them properly and that she trusted me. The dude's GF asked if I acted any different and my wife responded with, "Other than his sex drive, no."

    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    whether i am on or not..... i still get accused of taking them..... im about to start a cycle monday.... someone just last night said " Theres no way youre natural"

    but my close friends, girlfriend, family (for the most part) all know..... i just try to make sure the cops dont find out
    I didn't start pinning until last year and I asked my wife (then GF) if she was ok with it. Luckily, she said yes.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

  25. New Member
    SwolePole's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    60
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    5.12%

    yes. my wife and my mother. my best friend also, my wife knows everything and is very supportive thankfully, im close with my mother so i explained to her about what im doing (shes seen me shooting before and cringed) and my best friend well, hes the reason i started lifting, and dieting better hes my brother in iron!

    other then that, i train hard. take no xplode/creatine and eat alot if people ask
  26. New Member
    dollerbill's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    101
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    33.88%

    Quote Originally Posted by EBSNW1 View Post
    Its pretty funny how every documentary on steroids is all about the fact that they are bad and can cause this and that. There is absolutely no unbiased documentary that takes a scientific approach and tells it like it is. Its probably because people would then accuse them of condoning the use of steroids.

    If someone asks me what I'm taking, I say "protein" and walk away.
    Bigger, Stronger, Faster is a pretty good one. I know a few guys that have used it to convince their wives to let them pin. It's streaming on netflix right now if you want to watch.
  27. New Member
    lorden24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    63.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    We were at my friend's place along with about 10 other people. She asked my wife if she knew and she said yes. She explained that she knew I was both responsible and mature to do them properly and that she trusted me. The dude's GF asked if I acted any different and my wife responded with, "Other than his sex drive, no."



    I didn't start pinning until last year and I asked my wife (then GF) if she was ok with it. Luckily, she said yes.
    very nice turn around against that chick, and props to your wife for backing you up too.
  28. New Member
    lorden24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    63.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by DBinMD View Post
    Sure, what do you expect from ignorance. Recently, on some of those reality shows was the ass who claims his arms blew up because of AAS and not synthrol, a couple of dweebs who wanted a quick fix who had real personality disorders. The best of the lot was someone who wanted to make the cover of some men's fitness mag with the implication he was all natural.

    Glad you turned it around, I can't think of 1 advantage that drinking has over AAS.
    IMO, like most illegal drugs, if the truth was out there about AAS, I'm sure the majority of society would wonder why they are illegal too. But of course the reality of them that the public sees is the false bad side of them, yet things like cancer causing cigarettes, and alcohol (way to many problems associated with the drink to list) remain legal for purchase right out of the convenient store.
  29. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,548
    Rep Power
    1173636
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    82.24%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    My friend's GF overhead me talking to him about my cycle plans and she had this awful, repulsed look on her face. I looked at her and said, "I find it ironic that your judging my use of a drug while you're on your 3rd mixed drink of the evening." She was a little bit more willing to listen after that.
    I always use the birth control card. Works everytime.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  30. New Member
    lorden24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    63.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    i dont use, but givne the reactions people have to taking anything. (whey included) i dont bother bring up any supp i use / have used...
    I know what you mean, most people are so ignorant to things they hear that you take creatine and react like they would if you admitted to running a cycle.
  31. New Member
    Bigez's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    1495
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    3.54%

    Never told anyone except one of my coworkers who is also my training partner when I blew past him on bench press.Other than that I don't think anyone needs to know my business.when people find out they think you are a fake yet some of these people put on a mask every day to impress someone.
  32. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251879
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Bigger, Faster, Stronger is one of my all time favorite films. I, myself, am "natural." - for now. People begin to discredit you immediately for you work if they know you've cycled and its unwarranted. With that being said I do have a bit more respect for those willing to run a simple cycle and do work over the first time user running Trenbolone.

    Speaking of that... i find it amusing that his biggest squat on Tren was only 20lbs heavier than mine and I weigh 50lbs less.

    What supplements do I take? What does it matter to you? You should see how I eat and train first.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  33. New Member
    lorden24's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    63.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post

    What supplements do I take? What does it matter to you? You should see how I eat and train first.

    words of wisdom friend
  34. New Member
    EArch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    38140
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    58.74%

    Nope, and I dont no anyone who cycles either.

    I was a party once for a few mins sober just dropping by to say hi and one of the guys says to me "eh cant drink when on steroids haha eh?" I just played it off like naa Im just tired and wanna lay low.
  35. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251879
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I was lifting with a football friend last year of my undergrad and his teammate came up asking if he was goin out to some gig that night. His response was "I dont go out." This kids so oblivious he cant comprehend the idea of not going to a drinking party... when this dudes clearly 270 shredded at 23 years old. Cmon, kid. lol
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
  36. New Member
    biggy57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    65
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    88.13%

    Bigger Faster Stronger is an unbiased educational movie, but also has a good storyline. It doesn't take a side, but after watching it, I will have to say it makes you a lot more comfortable with anabolics. I always tell people to watch this movie and then voice their opinions.

    Media has such a negative feed on AAS it's ridiculous. And my girlfriend is in figure/physique so she actually has ran a cycle of var and injects me sometimes. So def got a winner in that aspect!
  37. Professional Member
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    81805
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    60.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Excellent movie watch it on demand all the time it is the one thing I will miss about netflix streaming
  38. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,940
    Rep Power
    2998190
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    97.58%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    this czech girl asked me yesterday if I am injecting steroids cause im looking so much bigger, I just laughed and said no way.

    which is the truth, im not injecting anything. she said it so non chalauntly, must be normal in her country.
  39. Senior Member
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    17.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ive only been asked if I was on once> I was totally flattered because I wasnt and hadnt been on for quite awhile. People dont realize that weight lifting itself is anabolic and produces visible effects. Primarily because they lack the impetus to exercise regularly, to them everyone must be juicin.
  40. Senior Member
    OrganicShadow's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    251879
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    37.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    That's because Americans are retarded and think that in order to accomplish anything you need a pill to help. Why work hard for something? They make a pill for that.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 09:24 PM
  2. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 06:31 PM
  3. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 12:32 AM
  4. Replies: 144
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 03:11 PM
  5. Replies: 260
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in