Do you tell anyone that your "ON"?

lorden24

Awards
Is anyone here open about there use of anabolics in real life? Personally, I have never told ANYONE who actually knows my identity that I've used and plan to use more, and I never will. It's just something that I feel the general public does not understand, and it's not something I want people tying my face too. I tell no one, do you?

lorden24

Awards
To the average person, no, it isn't worth explaining.

The moment you let it be know you use anabolics, people will act like your discipline in sticking to your diet and routine counts for nothing.

Honestly, just f*** people.
that's exactly one of the big reasons I don't tell anyone myself, while I do understand that being ON gives me an edge, I still bust my ass and stay strict with everything. And I built quite a good body before I decided to take the next step. But the moment you someone you use, the average person gets the idea that I'm big only because of the steroids.

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
Only a few close friends, most of them also cycle.

biggy57

biggy57

Awards
Yea. Close friends. But it's honestly cool that I'm at the point now where most people just expect it because my size. I never say yay or nay, but people just assume. It's a good feeling to me. Haha

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont have any friends to tell. im not a very social person to begin with. mainly because 99% of people dont have the same intrest as I do, and so i have nothing i care to talk about with them, or listen to what they have to say.

my wife thinks i just use supplements. which is partially true, as everything i take is sold from supplement shops.

im sure some people wonder or think it, but they dont say anything to me, and i dont say anything to them either.

to all, i am a guy who works out hard, eats alot of protein, and takes supplements.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
im on trt and have no problem telling people about it. i encourage a lot of the guys i work with to at least go and get their bw done if for nothing else other than curiositys sake. i was low but didnt really know it. i got tested because i felt that from reading about test boosters i was feeling way too good a couple years ago. as for my cycling usage i keep that info to a minimum

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
im on trt and have no problem telling people about it. i encourage a lot of the guys i work with to at least go and get their bw done if for nothing else other than curiositys sake. i was low but didnt really know it. i got tested because i felt that from reading about test boosters i was feeling way too good a couple years ago. as for my cycling usage i keep that info to a minimum
Yea man, my friend's dad is on TRT (not trying to make you feel old hahaha) and I've tried to convince mine to get tested and see but he didn't seem interested. I did get him to start using magnesium oil and he has seemed to lean out in the last 3 months since he started.

And yea, I feel there's a big difference to other people in TRT vs cycling. One is a little more acceptable lol.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tell my wife and close friends. They're the only ones that I would really care to tell as most are so convinced by the media that they're evil.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea, media convinced my wife.
now, If I could only get DR OZ to do a show on how steroids are safe when used responsibly, i'd be all set. his word is practically like budah or some sht.

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
now, If I could only get DR OZ to do a show on how steroids are safe when used responsibly, i'd be all set. his word is practically like budah or some sht.
If Dr. Oz had a special on steroids...omg they would be legal the next day lol.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
nopers, no ones business cept my own

lorden24

Awards
I tell my wife and close friends. They're the only ones that I would really care to tell as most are so convinced by the media that they're evil.
exactly, people hear your on steroids they start viewing you like a heroin addict

lorden24

Awards
Yea. Close friends. But it's honestly cool that I'm at the point now where most people just expect it because my size. I never say yay or nay, but people just assume. It's a good feeling to me. Haha
thats sick man :D i wish i big enough that people expect it

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
exactly, people hear your on steroids they start viewing you like a heroin addict
Well, because they are drugs. Lets face facts. Aaaand are heroin addicts open and flaunting about their use? No.

If you cant figure out on your own if someones on cycle then you dont deserve to know. My opinion.

Im always honest with people... that doesnt always mean I cant elude away from a straight answer if I feel its undeserving or not their place to know. But I wont lie.

dollerbill

dollerbill

Awards
Only my brother (who almost cycled himself) and a few coworkers who have or are currently cycling.

EBSNW1

EBSNW1

Awards
Its pretty funny how every documentary on steroids is all about the fact that they are bad and can cause this and that. There is absolutely no unbiased documentary that takes a scientific approach and tells it like it is. Its probably because people would then accuse them of condoning the use of steroids.

If someone asks me what I'm taking, I say "protein" and walk away.

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
Its pretty funny how every documentary on steroids is all about the fact that they are bad and can cause this and that. There is absolutely no unbiased documentary that takes a scientific approach and tells it like it is. Its probably because people would then accuse them of condoning the use of steroids.

YouTube "truth about steroids" and watch the hbo special bryant gumble(real sports) did on them. It's about the only somewhat positive report I've ever seen done...

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
i dont use, but givne the reactions people have to taking anything. (whey included) i dont bother bring up any supp i use / have used...

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
Is anyone here open about there use of anabolics in real life? Personally, I have never told ANYONE who actually knows my identity that I've used and plan to use more, and I never will. It's just something that I feel the general public does not understand, and it's not something I want people tying my face too. I tell no one, do you?
I'm pretty much on the same page as Ambulldog as far as TRT. I'm honest about it to my friends, advise the older dudes to stop beating their heads up against the wall. I'm 56, nothing to be ashamed of. As far as when i blast, only to those who do similar. Like others who said it, too, as soon as you say you're on then all your hard work counts for nothing. IOW, it wouldn't have mattered that I benched 300 lbs at about 150lbs before I ever touched an anabolic.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My friend's GF overhead me talking to him about my cycle plans and she had this awful, repulsed look on her face. I looked at her and said, "I find it ironic that your judging my use of a drug while you're on your 3rd mixed drink of the evening." She was a little bit more willing to listen after that.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
My friend's GF overhead me talking to him about my cycle plans and she had this awful, repulsed look on her face. I looked at her and said, "I find it ironic that your judging my use of a drug while you're on your 3rd mixed drink of the evening." She was a little bit more willing to listen after that.
Sure, what do you expect from ignorance. Recently, on some of those reality shows was the ass who claims his arms blew up because of AAS and not synthrol, a couple of dweebs who wanted a quick fix who had real personality disorders. The best of the lot was someone who wanted to make the cover of some men's fitness mag with the implication he was all natural.

Glad you turned it around, I can't think of 1 advantage that drinking has over AAS.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
whether i am on or not..... i still get accused of taking them..... im about to start a cycle monday.... someone just last night said " Theres no way youre natural"

but my close friends, girlfriend, family (for the most part) all know..... i just try to make sure the cops dont find out

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure, what do you expect from ignorance. Recently, on some of those reality shows was the ass who claims his arms blew up because of AAS and not synthrol, a couple of dweebs who wanted a quick fix who had real personality disorders. The best of the lot was someone who wanted to make the cover of some men's fitness mag with the implication he was all natural.

Glad you turned it around, I can't think of 1 advantage that drinking has over AAS.
We were at my friend's place along with about 10 other people. She asked my wife if she knew and she said yes. She explained that she knew I was both responsible and mature to do them properly and that she trusted me. The dude's GF asked if I acted any different and my wife responded with, "Other than his sex drive, no."

whether i am on or not..... i still get accused of taking them..... im about to start a cycle monday.... someone just last night said " Theres no way youre natural"

but my close friends, girlfriend, family (for the most part) all know..... i just try to make sure the cops dont find out
I didn't start pinning until last year and I asked my wife (then GF) if she was ok with it. Luckily, she said yes.

SwolePole

Awards
yes. my wife and my mother. my best friend also, my wife knows everything and is very supportive thankfully, im close with my mother so i explained to her about what im doing (shes seen me shooting before and cringed) and my best friend well, hes the reason i started lifting, and dieting better hes my brother in iron!

other then that, i train hard. take no xplode/creatine and eat alot if people ask ;)

dollerbill

dollerbill

Awards

Bigger, Stronger, Faster is a pretty good one. I know a few guys that have used it to convince their wives to let them pin. It's streaming on netflix right now if you want to watch.

lorden24

Awards
We were at my friend's place along with about 10 other people. She asked my wife if she knew and she said yes. She explained that she knew I was both responsible and mature to do them properly and that she trusted me. The dude's GF asked if I acted any different and my wife responded with, "Other than his sex drive, no."

I didn't start pinning until last year and I asked my wife (then GF) if she was ok with it. Luckily, she said yes.
very nice turn around against that chick, and props to your wife for backing you up too.

lorden24

Awards

IMO, like most illegal drugs, if the truth was out there about AAS, I'm sure the majority of society would wonder why they are illegal too. But of course the reality of them that the public sees is the false bad side of them, yet things like cancer causing cigarettes, and alcohol (way to many problems associated with the drink to list) remain legal for purchase right out of the convenient store.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always use the birth control card. Works everytime.

lorden24

Awards
i dont use, but givne the reactions people have to taking anything. (whey included) i dont bother bring up any supp i use / have used...
I know what you mean, most people are so ignorant to things they hear that you take creatine and react like they would if you admitted to running a cycle.

Bigez

Awards
Never told anyone except one of my coworkers who is also my training partner when I blew past him on bench press.Other than that I don't think anyone needs to know my business.when people find out they think you are a fake yet some of these people put on a mask every day to impress someone.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Bigger, Faster, Stronger is one of my all time favorite films. I, myself, am "natural." - for now. People begin to discredit you immediately for you work if they know you've cycled and its unwarranted. With that being said I do have a bit more respect for those willing to run a simple cycle and do work over the first time user running Trenbolone.

Speaking of that... i find it amusing that his biggest squat on Tren was only 20lbs heavier than mine and I weigh 50lbs less.

What supplements do I take? What does it matter to you? You should see how I eat and train first.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
Nope, and I dont no anyone who cycles either.

I was a party once for a few mins sober just dropping by to say hi and one of the guys says to me "eh cant drink when on steroids haha eh?" I just played it off like naa Im just tired and wanna lay low.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I was lifting with a football friend last year of my undergrad and his teammate came up asking if he was goin out to some gig that night. His response was "I dont go out." This kids so oblivious he cant comprehend the idea of not going to a drinking party... when this dudes clearly 270 shredded at 23 years old. Cmon, kid. lol

biggy57

biggy57

Awards
Bigger Faster Stronger is an unbiased educational movie, but also has a good storyline. It doesn't take a side, but after watching it, I will have to say it makes you a lot more comfortable with anabolics. I always tell people to watch this movie and then voice their opinions.

Media has such a negative feed on AAS it's ridiculous. And my girlfriend is in figure/physique so she actually has ran a cycle of var and injects me sometimes:). So def got a winner in that aspect!

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Excellent movie watch it on demand all the time it is the one thing I will miss about netflix streaming :)

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this czech girl asked me yesterday if I am injecting steroids cause im looking so much bigger, I just laughed and said no way.

which is the truth, im not injecting anything. she said it so non chalauntly, must be normal in her country.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Ive only been asked if I was on once> I was totally flattered because I wasnt and hadnt been on for quite awhile. People dont realize that weight lifting itself is anabolic and produces visible effects. Primarily because they lack the impetus to exercise regularly, to them everyone must be juicin.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
That's because Americans are retarded and think that in order to accomplish anything you need a pill to help. Why work hard for something? They make a pill for that.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why not work hard and take a pill? Working hard isn't going to get you past what you are genetically pre disposed to be at

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
No offense , but americans are the only ppl that ask me what are you taking (pills) , where as all other cultures tend to ask me what is it you eat. I have observed this so often ibserioauly lost count.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
No offense , but americans are the only ppl that ask me what are you taking (pills) , where as all other cultures tend to ask me what is it you eat. I have observed this so often ibserioauly lost count.
here in Ireland/Uk I have noticed exactly the same thing. Im in europe alot and people are always asking me what I eat and how I train

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Loll its kinda sad but im from europe and i notice it constantly here everyone is always looking for some form of shortcut to everything. I have a brazillian friend older than me and when she was alot younger her grandma caught her cheating on a test, her reply was; "Jail is full of people who decided to take a shortcut..." that kinda stuck with me for a while

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I only talk to ppl who juice or ppl who are not ignorant on the subject. I rather be on gear than waste $ on Alcohol. I don't need Alcohol to have a good time or get a confidence out of me cuz I'm a pretty confident person in general. And wtfis the point of smoking cigarettes? LoL

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
A couple close friends bc they are curious and have taken the time to understand how they can be used safely. My family knows too. I made them all watch Bigger, Faster, Stronger. Did you know his older brother did die about a year after the film? Don't remember why but I do remember in the movie him saying he already tried to eat pills while locked in his car down by some river but he didn't die (said he took enough to kill a horse).
Other than that? I flat out deny it. Just say diet, training and supps. I was in great shape before I used AAS. I just love the chiseled look, so sue me. Ha ha.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
jbryand i see what youre getting at and how what i said can be misconstrued in this instance but im talking general American culture: if I take this pill or buy this product ill look like that - its so easy!

As the above have stated outside the US people are more mindful of things like diet and training regimens for fitness goals. We here just want the quickest easiest fix for everything. Obviously AAS/DS still requires a hardcore diet/training regimen but Americans arent interested in that, they just wanna know a product to take that will make it easier/faster. I dont and wont speak down about AAS users, so dont take this as an attack on it. Im just ranting about my stance on American mentality.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I see what you're saying.

a perfect example is quotes like this

Brolic !!!!!! No listen Im naturally very strong. Built nice a real nice size chest. And the reason I used is people thought I was on juice when I wasn't even on it ... I'm saying juice is amazing and I consider it the best drug. But I'll tell u right now u have number 1 inspired me to push myself and two just wanna tell u I will b able to get up there and surpass it with in the next couple of months. That's the good thing about gear it helps u make up for lost time. Listen there's some Duechebag saying I am to young to b posten in here . Bro I know what I'm talken about but there's always more to learn u jerk off stop being such a ***get juice know it all.
in threads like this:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/181530-steroids-20-years.html

and of course, you all know, im the "some duechebag" :D