Figure this line of reasoning out

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Some of may have heard the news regarding the upcoming ban and the grace period. If you have not, here it is:

Due to the hard work of the USFA (and the lobby firm it has hired) the backers of the bill have agreed to instill a 60 day grace period. that way if the bill passes in septmember you will have until sometime in december to stock up.

As a donating member of USFA, I've been speaking with the people running it, and they tend to make some comments on how clueless these politicians are. I just think, "Well, yeah; they're idiots" and shrugg it off. That was until I started thinking about the grace period.

I mean come on! Let's go ahead and declare a substance a Scheduled III drug--possibly the worst monniker you could attach to something--putting them on the same level with some hardcore stuff: crack, heroin, etc. BUT...you can buy them for 60 more days. So...the politicians are giving us permission to purchase scheduled III drugs for 60 days! How nice of them! If the stuff was that bad, or really needed to be Scheduled III, there would be no grace period, no lobby group, no nothing but a dropped hammer and a bunch of use holding our arses that just got handed to us. I just dont understand...sorry, I just felt like ranting. :)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Yup. The trouble is most people don't think logically about anything the government does. Take five minutes to review almost everything that comes out of one of the three branches of government here in the US, and almost none of it makes any rational sense whatsoever.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
It almost sounds like they are setting people up. Hey everyone, stock up on soon to be Schedule III compounds and then watch us arrest you for possession of a controlled substance.

N

nsruffryder34

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea but this is a giood thing... this grace period isnt really to allow people to stock up..its kind of a way to cut losses for the companies selling PH. When you think about how many companies sell them, it would be a huge loss ifa n immediate ban took effect. It also allows companies to release new products until the ban, and not be stuck with them.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Despite the ignorance and illogical reasoning of these politicians...it still buys the consumers and suppliers more time with a definitive date now, as oppossed to the "any day now" time frame...

V

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Are they still trying to stop the bill from going threw or have they just given up?

K

keith1569

Awards
wow..thats amazing..its going to be scheduled as something as hard as heroin..huh..well i better start savin my cash and stock up before the ban..and then prices will go up..

N

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I went to USFA's site, I didn't see anything about that. The latest news they had said the bill was getting delayed until the new session of Congress most likely.

I'm confused. Where is this info that everyone seems to so easily get?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad to hear that there will be a grace period as a consumer and for the sake of those who provide these products (props to you all). That being said, anything which emerges from our Federal beaureaucracy is likely to be nonsensical and inefficient at best. Maybe it will benefit us for a brief time this time, but it still presents a violation of our rights to choose how to live our lives. That is why I have probs with Democrats and Republicans alike, and usually vote Libertarian. It is the one party whose main platform is to advocate "individual liberty" as the main idea upon which this great country was founded.