1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Creatine on a PH cycle yes or no

I have read some posts that say save the Creatine for PCT and others that say do it through cycle AND PCT...

whats the general consesus around here on that and why?
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html

2. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

You'll find it mixed. I always advocate during pct, if for nothing more then to maintain the psychological aspects of the size and strength gains. Plus, taking two compound to gain primarily size and strength just seems to cancel each other out.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I also like to save it for pct, as I need something to help since I'm no longer on!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.86%

Take it while on! No reason not too
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Creatine on cycle AND off. No reason to ever come off of it. It doesn't need to be cycled.
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  214 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.87%

Of course it doesnt need to be cycled but I think the question is once you come "off" cycle how do you keep those gains in strength if you add nothing new to the equation.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.86%

Lift harder. Use test boosters and do a proper post cycle. Keep the cals up. I came off a cycle of helladrol/katanadrol and kept all my strength. In fact, it's still going up almost a month after coming off.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

ok, I think I will get back on the Creatine then... have plenty of it.
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
  9. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Overall, i'd use creatine year round. For your question, it depends on a cycle of what, but I felt this was quite interesting

Objective: This study investigated resting concentrations of selected androgens after 3 weeks of creatine supplementation in male rugby players. It was hypothesized that the ratio of dihydrotestosterone (DHT, a biologically more active androgen) to testosterone (T) would change with creatine supplementation.

Design: Double-blind placebo-controlled crossover study with a 6-week washout period.

Setting: Rugby Institute in South Africa.

Participants: College-aged rugby players (n = 20) volunteered for the study, which took place during the competitive season.

Interventions: Subjects loaded with creatine (25 g/day creatine with 25 g/day glucose) or placebo (50 g/day glucose) for 7 days followed by 14 days of maintenance (5 g/day creatine with 25 g/day glucose or 30 g/day glucose placebo).

Main Outcome Measures: Serum T and DHT were measured and ratio calculated at baseline and after 7 days and 21 days of creatine supplementation (or placebo). Body composition measurements were taken at each time point.

Results: After 7 days of creatine loading, or a further 14 days of creatine maintenance dose, serum T levels did not change. However, levels of DHT increased by 56% after 7 days of creatine loading and remained 40% above baseline after 14 days maintenance (P < 0.001). The ratio of DHT:T also increased by 36% after 7 days creatine supplementation and remained elevated by 22% after the maintenance dose (P < 0.01).

Conclusions: Creatine supplementation may, in part, act through an increased rate of conversion of T to DHT. Further investigation is warranted as a result of the high frequency of individuals using creatine supplementation and the long-term safety of alterations in circulating androgen composition.

Statement of Clinical Relevance: Although creatine is a widely used ergogenic aid, the mechanisms of action are incompletely understood, particularly in relation to dihydrotestosterone, and therefore the long-term clinical safety cannot be guaranteed.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

In this case - Epi
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%

Quote Originally Posted by StangBanger View Post
    I have read some posts that say save the Creatine for PCT and others that say do it through cycle AND PCT...

whats the general consesus around here on that and why?
    Absolutely, 100% both on and during pct. If you'd want to cycle it (your choice, you certainly don't have to though), do it when off cycle.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.2%

I save the creatine for PCT. Helps me keep the gains better personally.

And IMO you do need to cycle creatine, I had bloodwork done after taking it for 4 months straight and my doctor said that I run risk of kidney failure and other issues, although I was drinking 5 liters of water a day at least. Interpret as you wish, I was using kre-alkalyn pro by efx.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.03%

Creatine is a proven muscle builder without harm to your body systems. So, why not just include it in your daily regimen like vitamins, whey protein, and chicks???

Can't hurt.....
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.9%

is this your first cycle?? For hardgainers I would say to never come off. Not so hardgainers I would say to save it for PCT. It will allow more water in the muscle, which happens when you on cycle and once you come off it, the muscle will lose some water it was holding before. So if your new to running cycles I would start it 10days before pct
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827 View Post
    is this your first cycle?? For hardgainers I would say to never come off. Not so hardgainers I would say to save it for PCT. It will allow more water in the muscle, which happens when you on cycle and once you come off it, the muscle will lose some water it was holding before. So if your new to running cycles I would start it 10days before pct
    Yes and Im not taking it now so I think I may just try this protocol and start it 10 days b4 PCT.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.82%

Quote Originally Posted by EBSNW1 View Post
    I save the creatine for PCT. Helps me keep the gains better personally.

And IMO you do need to cycle creatine, I had bloodwork done after taking it for 4 months straight and my doctor said that I run risk of kidney failure and other issues, although I was drinking 5 liters of water a day at least. Interpret as you wish, I was using kre-alkalyn pro by efx.
    ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12500988

You should probably get a new doctor lol (sorry... I have to have 50 posts to post a link?)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Creatine cycle
    By ticket03 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 08:34 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 02:57 AM
  3. Do you run creatine when on cycle ???
    By mattakaspeedy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 09:32 PM
  4. Do you use creatine during cycle?
    By ArnoldIsMyIdol in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 03:31 PM
  5. creatine ON cycle
    By RenegadeRows in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 04:44 PM