Creatine on a PH cycle yes or no

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I have read some posts that say save the Creatine for PCT and others that say do it through cycle AND PCT...

whats the general consesus around here on that and why?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll find it mixed. I always advocate during pct, if for nothing more then to maintain the psychological aspects of the size and strength gains. Plus, taking two compound to gain primarily size and strength just seems to cancel each other out.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I also like to save it for pct, as I need something to help since I'm no longer on!!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Take it while on! No reason not too

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine on cycle AND off. No reason to ever come off of it. It doesn't need to be cycled.

jk47

Awards
Of course it doesnt need to be cycled but I think the question is once you come "off" cycle how do you keep those gains in strength if you add nothing new to the equation.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Lift harder. Use test boosters and do a proper post cycle. Keep the cals up. I came off a cycle of helladrol/katanadrol and kept all my strength. In fact, it's still going up almost a month after coming off.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
ok, I think I will get back on the Creatine then... have plenty of it.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Overall, i'd use creatine year round. For your question, it depends on a cycle of what, but I felt this was quite interesting

Objective: This study investigated resting concentrations of selected androgens after 3 weeks of creatine supplementation in male rugby players. It was hypothesized that the ratio of dihydrotestosterone (DHT, a biologically more active androgen) to testosterone (T) would change with creatine supplementation.

Design: Double-blind placebo-controlled crossover study with a 6-week washout period.

Setting: Rugby Institute in South Africa.

Participants: College-aged rugby players (n = 20) volunteered for the study, which took place during the competitive season.

Interventions: Subjects loaded with creatine (25 g/day creatine with 25 g/day glucose) or placebo (50 g/day glucose) for 7 days followed by 14 days of maintenance (5 g/day creatine with 25 g/day glucose or 30 g/day glucose placebo).

Main Outcome Measures: Serum T and DHT were measured and ratio calculated at baseline and after 7 days and 21 days of creatine supplementation (or placebo). Body composition measurements were taken at each time point.

Results: After 7 days of creatine loading, or a further 14 days of creatine maintenance dose, serum T levels did not change. However, levels of DHT increased by 56% after 7 days of creatine loading and remained 40% above baseline after 14 days maintenance (P < 0.001). The ratio of DHT:T also increased by 36% after 7 days creatine supplementation and remained elevated by 22% after the maintenance dose (P < 0.01).

Conclusions: Creatine supplementation may, in part, act through an increased rate of conversion of T to DHT. Further investigation is warranted as a result of the high frequency of individuals using creatine supplementation and the long-term safety of alterations in circulating androgen composition.

Statement of Clinical Relevance: Although creatine is a widely used ergogenic aid, the mechanisms of action are incompletely understood, particularly in relation to dihydrotestosterone, and therefore the long-term clinical safety cannot be guaranteed.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
In this case - Epi

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I have read some posts that say save the Creatine for PCT and others that say do it through cycle AND PCT...

whats the general consesus around here on that and why?
Absolutely, 100% both on and during pct. If you'd want to cycle it (your choice, you certainly don't have to though), do it when off cycle.

EBSNW1

EBSNW1

Awards
I save the creatine for PCT. Helps me keep the gains better personally.

And IMO you do need to cycle creatine, I had bloodwork done after taking it for 4 months straight and my doctor said that I run risk of kidney failure and other issues, although I was drinking 5 liters of water a day at least. Interpret as you wish, I was using kre-alkalyn pro by efx.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Creatine is a proven muscle builder without harm to your body systems. So, why not just include it in your daily regimen like vitamins, whey protein, and chicks???

Can't hurt.....

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
is this your first cycle?? For hardgainers I would say to never come off. Not so hardgainers I would say to save it for PCT. It will allow more water in the muscle, which happens when you on cycle and once you come off it, the muscle will lose some water it was holding before. So if your new to running cycles I would start it 10days before pct

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
is this your first cycle?? For hardgainers I would say to never come off. Not so hardgainers I would say to save it for PCT. It will allow more water in the muscle, which happens when you on cycle and once you come off it, the muscle will lose some water it was holding before. So if your new to running cycles I would start it 10days before pct
Yes and Im not taking it now so I think I may just try this protocol and start it 10 days b4 PCT.

mcham

Awards
I save the creatine for PCT. Helps me keep the gains better personally.

And IMO you do need to cycle creatine, I had bloodwork done after taking it for 4 months straight and my doctor said that I run risk of kidney failure and other issues, although I was drinking 5 liters of water a day at least. Interpret as you wish, I was using kre-alkalyn pro by efx.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12500988

You should probably get a new doctor lol (sorry... I have to have 50 posts to post a link?)