I needed some advice from people who know their stuff,can anyone help?

lee078

Awards
I'm 31 5ft 8 174 pounds,ive been working out on and off since school but i got more serious about it a in 2004 and in 2006 i decided to do a gym instructor level 2 NVQ in an attempt to avoid the sprains and strains i got from not knowing what i was doing at school.I've never worked at a gym and due to a bad money situation i had to cancel a gym membership in 2008 and only managed to start another one a couple of weeks ago so i've been working out at home (weights 3 days cardio 3-4) for about the last 2 years and i was doing well at first but its taking far longer to progress to higher weight than it did afew years back and i'm not having much luck putting on muscle.I've tried afew basic supplements and i go through a fair bit of protein but nothing seems to make much of a difference and i'm really not sure if maybe i should try something like a mild prohormone (if their is such a thing) just to help me get upto the next level.

I think thats probably enough information but if it isn't then ask.Is their anyone who can help?

PLEASE!!!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea, I'm not reading all that, how about some spaces, and cliff notes

lee078

Awards
I was trying to stop people saying i hadn't given enough info.

Basicly i've hit a point where i'm having trouble progressing to more weight as quickly as i used to and i'm having trouble bulking up and for the help most of the supplements i've taken were i may aswell have thrown the money down the drain so i'm considering trying something stronger like a mild prohormone.

Is that short enough?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
how about posting up a bit more about your diet, and what supps you have already taken and tried before? After that I'm sure we'd all be glad to help out in any way we can..

lee078

Awards
Ok thanks for that,i really wasn't sure what to put.

My diet varies a bit but most of the time i have Meusli in the morning with a protein shake followed by small pates of mixed salad or veg with chicken or fish roughly every 3 to 4 hours and another protein shake either after the gym or before bed.

Supplements

at the moment protein,creatine,AAKG,multivitamins,beta alanine(only tried that recently),joint support and sometimes tribulus.I've also tried zma a but the zinc in it gives me stomache pain.

lee078

Awards
Thanks but that comment gives me no information atall.

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
I second the not ready part... Where is your complex carbs, where are your good fats... Do you know which carbs are best to have at what times... Diet is everything, gear and training is a small fraction of the pie... Tinker with your diet and understand what works for YOU, before you make the plunge into performance enhancers, otherwise you'll never keep any gains you do make...

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I think my advice would be to sign up at a place like fitday.com where you can enter in your lifestyle and what not and it will give you an idea of how many calories you need to be taking in to either lose or gain. Then study up on different macros (protein, carbs, and fat) and put together something you feel comfortable being able to stick with.

Get your diet on point, and the rest will fall into place....promise.

lee078

Awards
I never said that i was ready for any particular thing.I came on here for advice because i'm having trouble progressing and i thought rather than jumping into just anything i'd ask for advice from people who know their stuff.

In answer to your question about carbs and fats.I had an operation a year ago and put on a couple of stone of fat which i've since lost most of but i cut out most of my carbs to do it.I still have Meusli and brown bread at times but it seems to result in me putting on fat rather than muscle so i'm not really sure where i'm going wrong on that.With regard to fats i've recently started taking an omega blend and i try to have fish as often as i can.

I'd appreciate any tips or advice,thats what i came on here for.

lee078

Awards
Yes it does it tells you you shouldn't use aas, and need to read some books

Thanks but i read enough to know opinions vary and telling people what they shouldn't do without giving any reasons just comes across as patronising.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never said that i was ready for any particular thing.I came on here for advice because i'm having trouble progressing and i thought rather than jumping into just anything i'd ask for advice from people who know their stuff.In answer to your question about carbs and fats.I had an operation a year ago and put on a couple of stone of fat which i've since lost most of but i cut out most of my carbs to do it.I still have Meusli and brown bread at times but it seems to result in me putting on fat rather than muscle so i'm not really sure where i'm going wrong on that.With regard to fats i've recently started taking an omega blend and i try to have fish as often as i can.I'd appreciate any tips or advice,thats what i came on here for.
That's what we're doing, giving you advice, I'm sorry it isn't what you want to hear.

lee078

Awards
I second the not ready part... Where is your complex carbs, where are your good fats... Do you know which carbs are best to have at what times... Diet is everything, gear and training is a small fraction of the pie... Tinker with your diet and understand what works for YOU, before you make the plunge into performance enhancers, otherwise you'll never keep any gains you do make...
Thanks for replying with some detail rather than one sentence.I'll look into that a bit more.

lee078

Awards
I think my advice would be to sign up at a place like fitday.com where you can enter in your lifestyle and what not and it will give you an idea of how many calories you need to be taking in to either lose or gain. Then study up on different macros (protein, carbs, and fat) and put together something you feel comfortable being able to stick with.

Get your diet on point, and the rest will fall into place....promise.
Thanks for replying with some detail rather than one sentence.I tried that website several times but it seems to have trouble going from page to page so i'll have to see what i'm missing out somewhere else in the minefield of differing opinions.Thanks anyway.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks but i read enough to know opinions vary and telling people what they shouldn't do without giving any reasons just comes across as patronising.
opinions dont vary with data based facts from reading a study from a reputable journal, which if you read the right books, will have quoted with their information posted from those studies.

there is nothing you can say to argue the point i am making with you, because i dont know what it is besides you need to read some books from well respected authors in the aas field, and d/t you lack of training, diet, knowledge about aas, know you shouldn't use them because you are a high risk for negative side effects.

this doesn't mean you cant use them and come out safe, it just means the odds will be against you d/t the reasons i've listed above.

I apologize if this isn't good news to you. look at it as your in the right direction by coming here finding out how much you dont know.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
count the calories of what you are taking in on a normal day. since you are saying you are at a stalemate at your weight, you are most likely taking in maintenance calories.

2500kcals in a lb of muscle, to in order to increase your lean mass, you will need to take in roughly an extra 360 calories of protein/carbs each day.

I really cant go over any more diet stuff until I know a breakdown of your macro nutrient intake, and total calorie intake.

record it over a 3 day period and get back to us on that. if you have your micronutrient intake, that'll be nice as well.

lay out your typical training week, and how long, and what you do in the gym.

most likely you arent eating enough, or training hard enough.

once we cover the diet and training, then we'll begin talking about androgens.