help a lady out - currently using M4OHN

nikegurl

Awards
Hi Everyone. I'm a woman currently using M4OHN (my first ever ph). Overall I would say that I am happy with it..but not completely.
It's VERY possible I was expecting too much by the way.

I started at 2mg (1/2 a pill - Designer Supps brand) per day for 10 days. On the 10th day I increased to 4 mg. I
took 4 mg for 10 days before upping it to 6 mg. Now that I'm taking 6 mg I take 1 pill (4 mg) in the morning and 1/2
pill (2 mg) about 12 hours later. It's been 10 days at 6 mg so I think I will bump it up to 8 mg. I never thought I'd go that high in doseage but I've noticed no sides at all.

It took a little over 2 weeks for me to notice much.
I never did get that "mood enhancing" thing people talk about.

I do seem to be harder and I've managed to gain a little strength while cutting. I doubt I would have been able to do that without the M4OHN - but some days I wonder.

The day I started it the flat db press portion of my workout went like this:

40x8
40x6
40x6

That was July 5.

Last night (Aug 3) it went like this

45x7
45x6
45x6

Nothing drastic that's for sure but I think it's decent considering I'm in caloric deficit. I'm honestly not sure if I could have done the same without the M4OHN.

Here's my question - I'm not sure if I can get more/better results from M4OHN at a higher doseage. As I said, no sides to report. I'm going up to 8 mg tomorrow but I'm nearing the end of my cycle. If I were to repeat (after time off) and start at the higher dose next time I wonder if I will make more progress.

Can anyone suggest any other phs for me to try. I'd like a little more muscle size gain but without a high risk of sides AND without water retention. Thanks

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How heavy are you? Some brand tabs contain only 1mg, its definitely overhyped.

Have you given some thought about non-methyalted ph? I assume you've read the stickies, articles, faqs and such.

Why worried about water retension, it'll come off real quick post cycle.

nikegurl

Awards
I'm 150 lbs. I have the Designer Supplement brand and 1 pill = 4 mg

I'm now thinking about trying a non methylated ph. Before I read up on M4OHN I was going to try transdermal 19Nor but several people told me I'd be happier with the M4OHN. I've also heard 1,4 andro suggested.

There really isn't very much info out there for women on ph useage (which ones, doseage etc.) Even the boards with womens sections tend to discuss aas more than phs.

I little water retention wouldn't kill me but I don't want to "balloon" up to the point of not fitting in my work clothing due to bloat. (not sure how extreme it can get)

Thanks for any advice

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the updates. my wife is thinking about m4ohn. I was wondering if 4mg was too much. it sounds like its not. keep in mind the more muscle a ph puts on the more sides come with it.

nikegurl

Awards
very true about the sides being tied to results. i've had no sides at all (not even a pimple) and some modest results. i was hoping for a bit more muscle growth so i'm hoping to find a ph that will provide that without a very high risk of sides. not sure if i'd get any more gains from 19nor or 4ad or 1,4 andro...or if i should stick with the m4ohn next time and go with higher doseage still.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
keep in mind that the 19nor, 4ad, and 1,4 andro still have to convert. m4ohn does not. the 1,4 andro sounds like it might be worth a try. I'd research it more. if you have not read this article its a good one. there is another one with methyls in it.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catproh.htm

chrisrico

chrisrico

Awards
I'm 150 lbs.

There really isn't very much info out there for women on ph useage (which ones, doseage etc.) Even the boards with womens sections tend to discuss aas more than phs.
Unless you're quite tall, I'm guessing your body fat percentage is fairly high. I'd just focus on loosing the body fat. After you get the bf down you can worry about putting on the muscle. PH's like these are more for folks who have already been doing a bulk cycle and are looking to diet for 4-6 weeks to cut up. And honestly, the guys use this for cutting but I think it might be a decent hormone for bulking if you're a woman!

nikegurl

Awards
I'm 5' 9" and been training for years. (my bodyfat isn't high) I do agree that M4OHN is great during a cut. I'm definitely harder and do think it's a nice ph for holding lean body mass while restricting calories.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll keep reading. :)

BigBadBootyDady

Awards
You can't expect to gain muscle while in a caloric deficet. The point of andogens on a cutting cycle is to retain the mass you have. If anything, try bulking the first 1/2 your cycle and cutting the 2nd.

nikegurl

Awards
true. that's why i am happy with the m4ohn this time around. i've been cutting and retaining my muscle and even gaining some strength. that impresses me.

my priority this time around has been cutting. i'm thinking ahead to my NEXT ph cycle where gaining muscle will take precedence. i'm not sure if i should stick with m4ohn to achieve that goal (with increased calorie intake), if i should try another ph more suited to that goal, or if i should perhaps stack the m4ohn with another ph at that time.

thanks

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Since the half-life is pretty short, maybe try 2 mg doses 4 times per day. Others who have split into 3, 4 or 5 doses seem to get better results. Good luck.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
have you looked at using MDien? I've heard of women taking that. its a cutting ph. seems to be similar to M4OHN as far as results go. I'm not sure if it still needs to convert?

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
NG is tall and very lean. She has no bodyfat! Thus is why she wants to gain muscle.
I agree with BBBD. I think you would be better off with a bulk and a ph that will put on some size like 19nor or 4ad. The amount of water will not be to the point where you won't fit in clothes. At worst you will just look a little puffy. But that comes off as soon as you stop the ph, but the effect it gives on muscle growth is well worth it.

nikegurl

Awards
Hi dg806!!!! Actually at the time I started the M4OHN I did have a little extra fat going and I was very happy with it while I cut. It was cool to get stronger while dieting and I didn't look as "stringy" as I sometimes do when I diet down. But my height and my long limbs definitely mean I can hold a lot more muscle on my frame (in my opinion)

I wasn't sure if the 19nor would help me put on more size than the M4OHN. (I'm planning for my next ph cycle). I was trying to determine if I would want to use M4OHN again and just bump my calories up or if I should try another ph. I think I may as well give the 19nor a try. (unless you think the 4ad would be better choice?)

One more question - do I need to take as much time off between cycles as a man would since I'm not "shut down" the way a guy would be?

nikegurl

Awards
i was just looking at bulknutrition. would both 4derm and norderm be acceptable choices? does one carry a much higher risk of sides than the other? would stacking them at a low doseage be a good option or better to pick one or the other?

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
nikegurl, do you know queen of the damned over @ musclechemistry.com? She really knows her stuff and could probably help you out a lot as far as phs/aas & women go, I think she has tried just about everything :)

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
i was just looking at bulknutrition. would both 4derm and norderm be acceptable choices? does one carry a much higher risk of sides than the other? would stacking them at a low doseage be a good option or better to pick one or the other?
4derm will definitely give you more androgenic sides since it converts to test. Most women want to avoid this. I'd stick with the norderm, but it depends on your goals.

nikegurl

Awards
i'm leaning that way. i've heard reports of women using VERY small amounts of 4ad but i'm still leary. may as well try the 19nor first and see how i do with that.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
19 nor and 4/ad compete for the same receptors so stacking IMO would be a waste of money. Since 19 nor is a little weaker cousin of 4/ad, it is considered safer for females. So I would try this first and see how it goes and how you like it.
You are not shut down like a man, but your body needs a break for the liver. Even a transdermal will pass through the liver at some point.
As I have said before, I think this will be the better option for building muscle. If you don't think your results were enough, you can always try 4/ad later, at an appropriate dose.

nikegurl

Awards
makes sense. if i run the m4ohn i'm currently using for a total of 7 weeks do i need to wait a full 7 weeks before trying the 19nor? i'm eager mainly so i can determine if i like it and order more before the ban (rather than ordering a bunch at first and deciding it isn't for me) or if i don't like it - i can try something else before the ban and stock up on what i like the most.