4AD Question

  1. New Member
    Fpot66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    33.78%

    4AD Question


    Alright, I decided to add some 4AD Cyp to my cycle when I went to order my products to homebrew, it hit me...I hadn't thought about the hairloss possibilities.

    I know that the 4AD itself does not convert into DHT. But, I am assuming that the Test that results from the 4AD is in some way converted into DHT. Is it through the 5AR like all other forms of Test? Or is it through a different pathway?

    Fpot66

  2. Elite Member
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,780
    Rep Power
    307856
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    45.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Fpot66
    Alright, I decided to add some 4AD Cyp to my cycle when I went to order my products to homebrew, it hit me...I hadn't thought about the hairloss possibilities.

    I know that the 4AD itself does not convert into DHT. But, I am assuming that the Test that results from the 4AD is in some way converted into DHT. Is it through the 5AR like all other forms of Test? Or is it through a different pathway?

    Fpot66
    No, you have it right, but 4ad is more androgenic than test itself. DHT conversion is not even needed to cause hair loss with 4ad. But I'm no hair specialist, I just use Niz and keep an eye on it. Some of these guys have impressive understanding of hair care products. Maybe someone else can make suggestions on that.
  3. New Member
    Fpot66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    33.78%

    I already take Finaseride at 1.25mg ED and use Nizoral Shampoo 2%. I haven't had much trouble since using the Nizoral especially. Virtually no shedding on my last M1T cycle, whereas my first I saw a massive amount of shedding without using either (though I know that the finasteride should not help with the M1T, which is why I attribute it to the Nizoral).

    Fpot66
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,780
    Rep Power
    307856
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    45.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Me too, Niz is great. A cheap, quick daily solution to hair loss. But just be cautious w/ your 4ad cyp doses and don't get greedy before you have gotten to know it. People say do big doses, but to me, it feels pretty strong at the lower doses. It's just too androgenic for me to use over a g/wk. Your Fin dose sounds OK, do you use the Niz daily?
  5. New Member
    Fpot66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    33.78%

    I rotate between my regular shampoo and Nizoral. I try to stay on a 2/1 split, Nizoral to regular shampoo.

    Fpot66
  6. Advanced Member
    -2z-'s Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    43
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    502
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    89.22%

    Just curious...where do you guys like to get your Niz from?
    I'm not really prone....but I might get some anyway.
  7. Elite Member
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,780
    Rep Power
    307856
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    45.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I formulate w/ keto and reg shampoo, but I started w/ the generic Walgreens brand
  8. dead sexy wino
    SJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    8153
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    70.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    I formulate w/ keto and reg shampoo, but I started w/ the generic Walgreens brand

    Just gotta ask....what's the recipe?
  9. New Member
    Fpot66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    185
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    33.78%

    I get mine from a pharmacy, 2% solution rather then the 1% that you can get in stores without a script I think.

    Fpot66
  10. Elite Member
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,780
    Rep Power
    307856
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    45.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    Just gotta ask....what's the recipe?
    Just regular ol' micronized ketoconazole USP compounded @ 2.0% w/ a 1$ bottle of 16oz. suave shampoo. Nothing fancy, but apparently effective. I'm not prone to hair loss, just trying to play it safe. The 7oz bottle of Walgreens 2% is only 14$ and lasts forever. Way cheaper than real niz. I'm always looking to save cash, I've got 3 kids and I'm always broke!
  11. dead sexy wino
    SJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,054
    Rep Power
    8153
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    70.21%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    so you mix the two together for a total of 23oz? Sounds pretty thrifty.
  12. Elite Member
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,780
    Rep Power
    307856
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    45.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by SJA
    so you mix the two together for a total of 23oz? Sounds pretty thrifty.
    Very thrifty. Just add about 9.5 to 10g powder keto to the 16oz bottle and shake.
  13. Board Supporter
    TheUsual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    504
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    21.96%

    Dr. D,

    Is it possible, since you "homebrew" your own, to get the concentration higher than 2%? I wonder why the 2% limit is there... is it b/c it falls out of solution at higher concentrations or is it b/c of side effects at higher dose?
  14. Elite Member
    DR.D's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,780
    Rep Power
    307856
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    45.74%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by TheUsual
    Dr. D,

    Is it possible, since you "homebrew" your own, to get the concentration higher than 2%? I wonder why the 2% limit is there... is it b/c it falls out of solution at higher concentrations or is it b/c of side effects at higher dose?
    Usual, you could formulate as high a conc as you wanted, cause it doesn't dissolve anyway. It's a suspension. I just stuck w/ the 2% cause I think it's just overkill after that. The sides don't get bad w/ keto until you are taking like 400 or 600mg orally. Topically, I've never seen sides. The point is that if the manufacturers say use it every other day, 2% is probably too much already, or else why not use it everyday? That's my logic, but like I said, I'm not prone to loss. If you are, a 5% conc used everyday may be better, I'm not sure it would be though.
  15. Board Supporter
    TheUsual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    559
    Rep Power
    504
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    21.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by DR.D
    Usual, you could formulate as high a conc as you wanted, cause it doesn't dissolve anyway. It's a suspension. I just stuck w/ the 2% cause I think it's just overkill after that. The sides don't get bad w/ keto until you are taking like 400 or 600mg orally. Topically, I've never seen sides. The point is that if the manufacturers say use it every other day, 2% is probably too much already, or else why not use it everyday? That's my logic, but like I said, I'm not prone to loss. If you are, a 5% conc used everyday may be better, I'm not sure it would be though.
    Ya, I assume they have reason for making 2% the limit... who knows what it is tho
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 4ad questions please help me out
    By phenom9950 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 12:26 AM
  2. M1T/4ad question
    By mybadodge in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 04:17 PM
  3. 4ad question
    By rhatid in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 10:06 PM
  4. 4ad question, can I take like this?
    By getpsycho in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 06:29 PM
  5. 1,4ad question
    By linedrive in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2002, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in