Pulsing Superdrol?

ninjachimp

Awards
First of all I have done 2 cycles of halodrol successfully, keeping about 8 lbs each time.

I have heard good results about pulsing DSs like superdrol for reduced shutdown at the cost of reduced gains. How does this look:

-SD 20mg M/W/F for 4 weeks
-OTC PCT for 4 weeks (With Nolvadex and Clomid on hand of course)

Any thoughts about pulsing?

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
im interested in the feedback. i wouldnt think that 3 days a week would do much... i could be completely wrong though

bigbumpkin

Awards
  • Established
imo pulsing is a waste of time and money

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes SD is great for pulsing. You can even pulse it for longer ~6 weeks..

What could even help more is running HCGenerate on cycle to help prevent shutdown even more.. I think you'll enjoy it. I've never tried pulsing, I always run straight cycles, but it's something I'll really consider if I'm not running a Test cycle and using SD as a kicker..

Maybe a 8 week pulse of some Beastdrol stacked with Transaderm??? :D

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of pulsing in fact I'm pulsing X-Tren currently. Pulsing works great if done right. As far as I can tell, you can pulse almost anything. The harsher the product, like Superdrol, the more the benefit of pulsing.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
why do people say pulsing is a waste?

if you're working out naturally, then add superdrol ( the strongest legal oral) how can it NOT make you gain extra?

who the F cares if you don't gain 15lbs ?

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
It always works for me but gains are much slower. If it takes 10-14 days for a product to kick than it will take about 50% longer when pulsing. Most people are into instant gratification so they give up to quickly. Pulsing is slower but it has many benefits over regular dosing. Below is an excerpt from DR.D's explanation of the advantages of pulsing.

"
That's the whole thing though. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The human body tries to balance the equation with endocrine cycles. Hormones go up, hormones go down, but they are never “steady". Just like a well pump cycles on when the pressure gets too low and cuts off when it reaches a programmed level, so does your test level. What the pulse does is cause a sudden, false high. When you are off the next day, you get a distinct, false low that the body response too very rapidly such that your test level bounces. Often ending higher that where it started. It is the fluctuation that allows this method to work because while steady state levels are more anabolic, they are also deeply suppressive. Try it man,then you'll see what I mean. You never know till you try!"

ninjachimp

Awards
So is 4 weeks long enough or should I go for 6?

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I've always wondered if when you're pulsing; do the muscles you work on your on or off days get affected positively or negatively depending on whether you have dosed that day or not??

Follow me???

ninjachimp

Awards
That's why im pulsing the days I work out (m, w, f)

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
read the guide on here. its informative. I'm going to be pulsing SD in a few weeks. And the consensus from what I remember is that pulsing allows you to run a compound for longer. Explosive gains DS's are notorious for blowing people up only to have them deflate a few weeks later.

bigbumpkin

Awards
  • Established
superdrol only has a half life of 8 hours how is pulsing it going to help? not being an ass . I honestly am just curious as to how it is suppose to work.
So I load up on my pills about 6 hrs before my workout on workout days?? Educate me as the how and why of this works please

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
If you read DR.D's entire post about pulsing, you take half dose preworkout and the other half post workout. On off days you take an AI.

A lot of guys have been asking me to clarify the theory behindthis cycling technique, so here's a basic explanation.

What is "pulse" cycling? Pulsing is a method of dosing that isintentionally designed to avoid potential long-term side effects such as HPTAsuppression and liver stress. This technique was originally developed in aneffort to prevent the usual HPAA suppression experienced during long-termcorticosteroid therapy in children. With pulse therapy, it was observed thatthe serious long-term side effects of chronic oral treatment were oftenprevented, and the short-term side effects like acne and mineral retention weretypically much milder. This can also allow for higher doses to be used sincethe dosing is less frequent. Starting with this template, if one normally takesa product at 30 mg/day, that equals a total intake of 210 mg/week. Whilepulsing, one might typically take 40 mg of that same product on work out daysonly, 3 times per week. That calculates to 120 mg/week total, which is 90 mgless than usual. This provides the needed benefits of the product at arguablythe most crucial metabolic times, which are just before and just after a workout. This offers a means of possibly attenuating the endocrine suppression thatone might otherwise encounter on a standard cycle. In many cases, aconventional post cycle therapy should not be required after a typical 4 weekpulse. However, while pulses of 6-8 weeks are permissible, a conventional postcycle therapy may still be prudent for some individuals. Idiosyncrasy seems toplay a big role in regard to tolerance of duration, so general predictionsobviously become tricky as duration increases.

Theoretically, if one doses every day in perfectly spaced intervals, one shouldachieve 100% effects, 100% short-term sides, and 100% long-term sides. If onedoses every other day like the pulse protocol, one might better anticipate 60%effects, 75% short-term sides but only about 40% of the long-term sides. Thismeans that if one would have gained 10 pounds on a standard 1 month cycle, onemight instead only gain about 6 pounds per month pulsing. Since the time on isroughly only half when pulsing, the total length of the cycle can be doubled tobasically 2 months. Using the same calculation, the net result would be a gainof 12 pounds over 2 months, instead of the 10 pound gain expected from the 1month standard cycle. That means a greater net gain of 2 pounds per cycle, andperhaps a more permanent gain due to the slower rate of acquisition and longertime of reinforcement! For this reason, pulsing can be very economical on thebody as well as the wallet, and offer a desirable alternative for conservativeveterans just looking to stay in shape, or potential new comers exploringadditional safety measures.

There are three common types of pulse:
1) EOD dosing (3-4 times per week)
2) 2 days on / 2 days off
3) 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off (2 wks is the longest viable on time consideration,no longer)

Depending on one's workout schedule, one of these options may offer optimalpulsing efficiency. On average, effective doses may typically be around 1.5xthe normal daily dose of a standard cycle, and these doses are taken very closeto one other. It's not essential that the last dose be administered before 6pm, but the earlier the better for reducing suppression potential. Half thetotal dose can be taken pre work out, and the other half taken post work out.If an odd numbered dose is used, the greater of the 2 doses might best be takenpre work out. However, when pulsing non-methylated or fast acting supplements,the greater dose would instead be best utilized post work out based onhalf-life considerations. Individuals who are extremely sensitive to shutdownmay even prefer to take the entire dose pre work out. When pulsing, dosing atleast 3 day per week but not more than 4 day per week should foster optimalresults.

There are a few miscellaneous nutrition considerations that would be wise tokeep in mind. Having a quality, high carb/calorie post work out meal (or shake)is important to proper recovery, and ingesting sufficient protein especially onthe off days doesn't hurt either. A cortisol antagonist like low dose DHEA(25-50 mg) may be helpful for slow healers or hard gainers. Some studies showthat cortisol peaks in the morning and again in the mid afternoon, which mighttherefore be the ideal times for an anti-cort. An herbal or AI basedtest-boosting supplement used nightly (or at least on one's off nights) mightprove very effective as additional insurance to discourage the possibility ofsuppression. SERMs with long half-lives probably require extra considerationand caution. One may observe that testicular volume and/or testosterone levelsreset slightly above previous baseline at the end of 2 consecutive off days, orat the end of the cycle itself. This phenomenon is called 'bounce' back. Thisseemingly paradoxical bounce appears to reflect the body's short-termhomeostasis effort, and acts somewhat like a built-in pct with this method.It's also good to remember that the smaller number of dose exposures likelymeans faster liver clearance of your supplement. Liver ancillaries (likehealthy oils and anti-oxidants) are not contraindicated, but Milk Thistle inhigh doses could act counter productive to gains. Therefore, if you elect touse liver protectants, reserving them for off days only might be good middleground. As always, I suggest that one only consider using legal, commerciallyavailable nutritional supplements, and always consult a physician prior to useof any supplement. Cycle safe!

Example of a 3x/wk pulse M,W,F:

Week-Dose(mg)
1 (10,20,30)
2 30
3 30-40
4 30-40
5 30-50
6 30-50
7 30-60
8 30-60

Example of a 4x/wk pulse Sat, Sun, Wed, Thur:

Week-Dose(mg)
1 (10,20,30,30)
2 30
3 30-40
4 30-40
5 30-50
6 30-50

bigbumpkin

Awards
  • Established
alright thanks I will read it

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you pulse 20mg 3 times a week, that gives you 60mg for the week. superdrol has a half life of about 8 hrs. so in 16hrs, you will have zero steroid in your body. then you have to go another 32 hours with no steroid in your system, and then you take in another 20mg.

better gains will come from 10mg pre w/o each day. (with 10mg in the morning on weekends) you will only be going 10mg higher than 60mg for the week (10 x 7=70)

and only going 8hrs before your next dose (which if you time it right, you'll be sleeping).

better results, just as minimal supression, with pretty much zero side effects, even if ran for 6-8 weeks.

run sd at 10mg e/d, you'll love it but it's gonna be hard to not bump it up, you'll want to.

if pulsing works for you, great, running the compound every day works for me.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
What if you workout five days a week? Pulse those days and off the other two???

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea, so you will have 4 days where your body is trying to get itself back to normal. and 2 of those days your working out with elevated cortisol levels d/t the steroid you used the day before.
seems like pulsing would open the user to a higher chance of gyno due to the constant disruption in the hormonal balance.

ninjachimp

Awards
Is the AI really important? If so, what's a good AI to use?

ninjachimp

Awards
So how important is the AI and which one do you recommend?

ReyMan

ReyMan

Awards
if you pulse 20mg 3 times a week, that gives you 60mg for the week. superdrol has a half life of about 8 hrs. so in 16hrs, you will have zero steroid in your body. then you have to go another 32 hours with no steroid in your system, and then you take in another 20mg.

better gains will come from 10mg pre w/o each day. (with 10mg in the morning on weekends) you will only be going 10mg higher than 60mg for the week (10 x 7=70)

and only going 8hrs before your next dose (which if you time it right, you'll be sleeping).

better results, just as minimal supression, with pretty much zero side effects, even if ran for 6-8 weeks.

run sd at 10mg e/d, you'll love it but it's gonna be hard to not bump it up, you'll want to.

if pulsing works for you, great, running the compound every day works for me.

so, 10mg ed will give the same amount of shutdown as pulsing 3 days a week? your logic makes sense, im just trying to confirm.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
to answer your question honestly, no one knows the answer to that. only way to know that would be a good case study, and I dont see that happening anytime soon, and this is for both sides. there is no data based evidence pulsing will have less of a hormonal impact than running each day (that i know of) but like pulsing, the anecdotal evidence from users who run sd @ 10mg e/d show minimal shutdown with zero sides.
with 10mg e/d you are only taking in an extra 10mg's, with mwf @ 20mg you get 60mg for the week, with 4 days of f'cked up hormonal levels going up and down all over the place.

and with m-sun @ 10mg you get 70mg with still a gap of 8hrs e/d where there is no extra androgens in your system(depending on the person, give or take a couple hrs).

i dont even feel a serm is needed for 10mg e/d for 4 weeks it is that mild.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
^^^^^what he said^^^^^^

On any compound that was NEVER approved or tried in a clinical environment on humans; it's ALL speculation for the rest of us since nobody trains or eats properly across the board.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
The more I read about pulsing, the more I realize it CANT work based on the half life of the compound. Or more specifically, it will only Affect you on the days you take it.

Seems to me that if you have issues with SD, either dose it at 10mg Daily or take something else. Otherwise 20-30 per day for 4-6 weeks,
period.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Well pulsing is nothing new it's has been around awhile.I've used it successfully with several compounds. I personally like it becauseit minimizes sides. Dr.D actually helped develop this method of application ina hospital setting. It is just another option. Of course using a product on a daily basis works faster but the potential for sides is also greater. To pulse or not to pulse is a matter of choice. I personally like it however it does take a little more patience.

oliverc

Awards
The more I read about pulsing, the more I realize it CANT work based on the half life of the compound. Or more specifically, it will only Affect you on the days you take it.

Seems to me that if you have issues with SD, either dose it at 10mg Daily or take something else. Otherwise 20-30 per day for 4-6 weeks,
period.
anecdotally: many have said IT DOES work beyond what a placebo could achieve
Science: the whole point of the short half life is so that it has its effects on mental aggression, pump and most importantly protein synthesis with minimal interuption to LH and hence test output.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
According to Dr.D half life is not the issue. You take half of of your normal dosage prior to your workout and the other half after. This provides a testosterone spike at the most critical time. Like I say, it has always worked for me.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Two experts on the subject (well, it's debatable, who is dr d any ways and what compounds has he brought to the market?) but two differences of opinions, I posted this in ninja's other thread asking the same question about pulsing, and i'll leave it at this, you decide who is more reputable...

here is what pa had to say about pulsing, he never gives direct advice on cycles etc, but if you are able to read between the lines, im sure you can get what he means.

take them whatever way makes you feel good from a psychological standpoint. that is, if you can convince your self that taking more on a workout day is helping you will be happier and workout harder.
or if tapering makes you feel more confident then do that.
bottom line is that i dont think its gonna make a goddam difference what you do. Its your perception of what it might do that might make a difference

one word, placebo.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out www.mrsupps.com

Beastdrol is always a good choice. There's plenty of clones out there too for cheap, but sometimes( most of the time) I've found you get what you pay for...
I've always been a bit nervous about trying SD, given all the bad stuff I've read - especially since a serm is not an option for me. But now this thread has me thinking about trying a low dose cycle or pulse of SD. Super Mass is 5mg per cap, so I could easily tweak the dosing. Has anyone just run a straight cycle of SD at 5mg and gotten any decent results with minimal shutdown? I don't know - I may just stick with hdrol - that's always good for 10 lbs...

middleageguy

middleageguy

Awards
First of all I have done 2 cycles of halodrol successfully, keeping about 8 lbs each time.

I have heard good results about pulsing DSs like superdrol for reduced shutdown at the cost of reduced gains. How does this look:

-SD 20mg M/W/F for 4 weeks
-OTC PCT for 4 weeks (With Nolvadex and Clomid on hand of course)

Any thoughts about pulsing?
So is 4 weeks long enough or should I go for 6?
First off you will want the [Dr. D's guide, "How to Pulse Orals" ]
Link --->> http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/62121-how-pulse-orals.html <<---.
Dr D’s like the ultimate like authority of Pulsing.

You will more than likely want to do the 6 weeks for your first pulse, possibly 8 weeks on your 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] pulse as at the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] week you may really start seeing results. At that point I don’t think you will want to stop at 4 weeks. But you can if you want.

No one ever just does one cycle then stop’s.
Link --->> http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/173545-no-one-does.html <<---.

The 2 times I pulsed superdrol I did not start feeling effects until around the middle or end of the second week.
Link --->> http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/176920-superdrol-pulse-cycle.html#post2910173 <<---.
I think this is because it is only the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] or 6[SUP]th[/SUP] dosage.

I just completed my 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] superdrol pulse. (Pulse 8 weeks)
The 2nd pulse was done after hernia surgery recovery so I was out of the game for 7 weeks prior to starting this pulse.
The last 2 photos were taken LAST DAY OF PULSE at end of 8th week of second Pulse of Superdrol(M-DROL) 07-02-2011 I know, still have a long way to go.
But look what progress I've made since first photo at the beginning of the year.
Link --->> http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/62121-how-pulse-orals-202.html#post2905901 <<---.
Now remember I was also off 7 weeks for hernia surgery recovery. I think this shows progress and that a pulse can work, slowly but work.

Just love the fact that when on Superdrol = NO DOMS for me.
Link ----- >> http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/176920-superdrol-pulse-cycle.html#post2910173 <<---.

You will more than likely want to know more about superdrol so this is a collection of links about it I put together.
Most informative links I’ve found on Superdrol ( Methyldrostanolone ) I have found.
Link ----- >> http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/173711-most-informative-links.html <<---.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always been a bit nervous about trying SD, given all the bad stuff I've read - especially since a serm is not an option for me. But now this thread has me thinking about trying a low dose cycle or pulse of SD. Super Mass is 5mg per cap, so I could easily tweak the dosing. Has anyone just run a straight cycle of SD at 5mg and gotten any decent results with minimal shutdown? I don't know - I may just stick with hdrol - that's always good for 10 lbs...
google superdrol 5mgs log, and you'll get a few hits with users loving the results.

Holt19

Awards
How much do you gain fat wise,, already did a tren cycle and had great cutting effct

chim_chim

Awards
I wanted to clarify one thing on this thread: "half-life" is the time for one half of a compound to leave the body or be deactivated. The percentage of compound remaining in the body is (0.5)^n, where n = the number of half-life periods.

Let's say you start with 40 mg of Superdrol, and the half-life is accurately determined to be 8 hours. If you take it all at once and wait 8 hours, 20 mg remains in your body. Wait another 8 hours and half of 20 mg remains, so 10 mg. Wait another 8 hours, and half of 10 remains, so 5 mg.

There seems to be confusion in this thread that half-life means a linear reduction in the amount of a substance, and that is not the case.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lacrossedude6 Anabolics 26
BigVida Anabolics 46
Anabolics 7
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 31