steroids and hair loss

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
i will be 29 years old next month and within the past 3 months have had a lot of thinning on the top of my head, mostly in the front middle. just have a question about previous steroid use. i have taken m1t superdrol and pheraplex and never had an issue of thinning. if i'm not prone to hair loss while on steroids is there a chance its not caused by DHT? I haven't taken anything hormonal besides formestane in about 4 years.

i just ordered some fin from wholesale hair products and they tell me it's topical. is it really topical or is that a legality thing they have to say?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sounds like you're just living up to your gentics, and nature is taking it's course. people of all ages go bald. some people who have never used steroids go bald, some people have been using steroids for 20 plus years, and still have a full head of hair.

nature sucks huh.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
It's not like it's shedding either. Just getting thinner. Still curious about the fin I ordered if anybody has info and have bought it from there.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
I think when they say it's topical, they mean it (I've never used it though, so don't take my word for it). I don't think it's like Research Chems, where they have to say not for consumption. It's definitely not for injection HaHa!!! LOL! But, even the whole DHT causing hair loss thing is being challenged now (same thing with DHT causing BPH). It's all speculation these days, and like JBry said, hair loss happens! It started happening to me at EXACTLY 24. As in, almost exactly on my 24th birthday!!! Very strange timing, I know. But it stopped on it's own. I've been told my hair just finally went to a "mature" hairline. IDK. Sure it sucks, but it happened, and I'm not about to take some **** that really messes with your body like finasteroid (I know it's finasteride) LOL! Many people claim to have broken boners due to the fina (and they still end up losing their hair when they stop the fina). I'll pass! But I do think Nizoral has helped me out (hard to quantitize how much though).

on the run

Awards
using ph/steroids may not cause shedding at the time, but they accelerate the balding process.. so maybe you were due to go bald a bit older but the PH use just brought your forward a few years. also what ^ above, said fina has some very nasty sides. and when you first start taking it, it will cause even more shedding, then grow back "more' then what you stated with, but as soon as you stop you will go even more bald then befroe you started using it. it's basically a 'for the rest of your life' type deal. also people have entirely lost their sex drive after using it, and not gotten it back after stopping sooo.. yeah, be careful with that stuff

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
I'm not even sure how that theory could possibly be scientifically tested. How do you know you were going to go bald later to determine if steroids made it happen sooner? I know steroids accelerate hair loss while on cycle, but many times users' hair stops shedding, and sometimes even grows back after the cycle. I've never heard about them accelerating some ticking time-bomb of baldness to explode years after the cycle! Not trying to be rude, I'm just medicated right now and in one of my moods, so bear with me! :D

on the run

Awards
using steroids can permenantly affect your endocrine system and alter hormone levels. if your DHT production is raised on cycle, it can 'speed up' the process of balding. from the age of 18 your bodies barriers against hairloss slowly lower, so maybe you were due to start going bald at 30 because that's the age your natural DHT levels would 'overtake' any defences you had and would start to bind in the scalp and cause balding. well if your DHT levels are raised by steroids this will happen sooner.. obviously not the easiest thing to test in a lab setting

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
using steroids can permenantly affect your endocrine system and alter hormone levels. if your DHT production is raised on cycle, it can 'speed up' the process of balding. from the age of 18 your bodies barriers against hairloss slowly lower, so maybe you were due to start going bald at 30 because that's the age your natural DHT levels would 'overtake' any defences you had and would start to bind in the scalp and cause balding. well if your DHT levels are raised by steroids this will happen sooner.. obviously not the easiest thing to test in a lab setting
I've never heard that before! Good stuff! I sure wish we could figure out this hairloss thing! Instant trillionaire, whoever does it!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
using ph/steroids may not cause shedding at the time, but they accelerate the balding process.. so maybe you were due to go bald a bit older but the PH use just brought your forward a few years.
im not sure what the rest of your post said, because after reading this load of dog sh!t, i stopped. i dont know where you get your info from (dateline?) but this is bull sht.

it's a potential side effect. meaning it may or may not happen.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:facepalm: im not sure when I left anabolic minds, and walked into the bathroom, but it smells like dookie in here.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
im not sure what the rest of your post said, because after reading this load of dog sh!t, i stopped. i dont know where you get your info from (dateline?) but this is bull sht.

it's a potential side effect. meaning it may or may not happen.
Can you elaborate JBry? I'm just curious, not being pushy or anything! Thanks man!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
there is nothing to speculate on, everything he is saying is bro science and is best looked at as a possible theory.

take a magic 8 ball, ask it if you use steroids will you go bald, and shake it, the answer you get is as reliable as it's going to get.

too the op, there was another guy asking me about hairlosss stuff via pm, I dont remember his name, i think it was swish85, not sure, i delete my pms every other day.

but anyhow, he seemed to have a good arsenal of natural stuff he was preparing to use. maybe he'll see this post and pm you as a favor to me.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
there is nothing to speculate on, everything he is saying is bro science and is best looked at as a possible theory.

take a magic 8 ball, ask it if you use steroids will you go bald, and shake it, the answer you get is as reliable as it's going to get.
Oh, okay, I see what you're saying! I've always been concerned about hair loss, but it hasn't stopped me. When it gets bad enough, I'll stop cycling. Simple as that, I s'pose! Great having you here man, you've helped me out so much!

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

too the op, there was another guy asking me about hairlosss stuff via pm, I dont remember his name, i think it was swish85, not sure, i delete my pms every other day.

but anyhow, he seemed to have a good arsenal of natural stuff he was preparing to use. maybe he'll see this post and pm you as a favor to me.

Of course this thread title grabbed my attention and yeah that would'v been me haha. I was searching all over for the site that I grabbed those ideas from with no luck (my computer crashed and i lost all my favorites" :wtf: ) but I just sent him a pm with everything I got out of it that was real practical. Also my main 2 components I use on a regular basis with much success.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i will be 29 years old next month and within the past 3 months have had a lot of thinning on the top of my head, mostly in the front middle. just have a question about previous steroid use. i have taken m1t superdrol and pheraplex and never had an issue of thinning. if i'm not prone to hair loss while on steroids is there a chance its not caused by DHT? I haven't taken anything hormonal besides formestane in about 4 years.

i just ordered some fin from wholesale hair products and they tell me it's topical. is it really topical or is that a legality thing they have to say?
Check out the N2Shampoo from NTBM. I suggest you run it on cycle. Or just all the time to protect the hair. I've been using it for a month now with great results. Thickened up my thinning hair in the front and has stopped a lot of the shedding that I was dealing with on cycle. Cheap, and the bottle last so damn long. I'd say 4 months easily. In 1 month, i've barely put a dent in it

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check out the N2Shampoo from NTBM. In 1 month, i've barely put a dent in it
well, you gotta shower more than once a week to use the shampoo enough to notice the bottles getting empty. :lol:

couldn't resist. :thumbsup:

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well, you gotta shower more than once a week to use the shampoo enough to notice the bottles getting empty. :lol:couldn't resist. :thumbsup:
LOL... Once a day bro.. You only apply a "dime sized" amount. Still have way over 3/4 of bottle.

simran

Awards
Steroids can possible cause men baldness if they have a genetic predisposition. In your thread you also mention that you are suffering from genetic effect. So i suggest you consult a good hair doctor as soon as possible.

simran

Awards
Steroids can possibly cause men to go bald if they have a genetic predisposition. If not no, it's unlikely. Chances are high formale pattern Baldness in Males. The reason steroids can cause premature balding is due to scalp reacts to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) quite strongly, Many steroids can either transform to DHT or are obtain from it. Many medicines, surgical and non-surgical treatments available in the market. Conduct a good hair doctor who has adequate experience in this field. Beware from quacks. Before going to any decisions for treatment make sure your all body level test have been checked.

If you are from India you should consult Dr. Kapil Dua from AK Clinics. He is the best dermatologist not only in India but also all over the world. He has over 15 years experience in the field of dermatology and orthology. He is honored by ISHRS, AHRS, AAHRS Best doctor in India. Last year my sister take Hair Transplant procedure from him. She is very satisfied with it. She become more beautiful and persnalted after getting her long and natural hairs back.
You can read Hair loss types and Hair loss treatment on AK Clinics Blog

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
It's good because 94% of us in thread are Indian after all

simran

Awards
HMM you are right. I am happy to meet you. Is your Hair loss problem get resolved.