NO TIME TO COOK..WHAT ARE THE BEST FOODS TO EAT WHILE ON THE GO AND CYCLING SD ?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

NO TIME TO COOK..WHAT ARE THE BEST FOODS TO EAT WHILE ON THE GO AND CYCLING SD ?

hey guys, just wanted to get info on something you guys could recommend to eat when your on the go and dont have time to cook..i work alot and im always on the go and alot of the time i dont have time to cook or im just too tired. i hate to ask this but if i had to eat fast food what would be the best things to order..i would rather go to safeway and get something healthier but if i dont have time and the drive thru is the only option what would be best to order. also, another thing is my stomach cant handle powder protein.. what can i do to keep my ,carb,cal,protein intake up when i cant cook and is it possible to try to eat clean by going thru the drive thru and still get enough carb,cal,protein intake ?

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by no reason View Post
    hey guys, just wanted to get info on something you guys could recommend to eat when your on the go and dont have time to cook..i work alot and im always on the go and alot of the time i dont have time to cook or im just too tired. i hate to ask this but if i had to eat fast food what would be the best things to order..i would rather go to safeway and get something healthier but if i dont have time and the drive thru is the only option what would be best to order. also, another thing is my stomach cant handle powder protein.. what can i do to keep my ,carb,cal,protein intake up when i cant cook and is it possible to try to eat clean by going thru the drive thru and still get enough carb,cal,protein intake ?

walmart hormel turkey chili cans. - $1.98 26g Carb, 46g protein, 6g fat per can .

i also use cans of chuck chicken breast 1.98 - like 54g protein 6g fat per can.

both of these are already fully cooked. i usually mix the chicken breast with a half a can of light alfredo sauce.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

cool i love hormel turkey chilli..bout to have some for lunch... but what would you suggest if the drive thru at the time is the only option.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

I like Better Protein Bars by ****. They're ~500cal each with >30g protein and healthy fats, good whole food and very convenient (and tasty). I tried the Chocolate Raspberry and it was really good, and tonight I'm making Chocolate Banana for the next week. Easy, convenient, and tasty way to get quality calories on the go IMO. You don't even have to bake them, just mix and refrigerate, cut it up and put in glad bags or foil.

http://www.**********************/sto...-Bars-p18.html

use code "needto139" to get 15% off and free shipping anytime.

Another one is N2Mix which has protein crisps and nuts/dried fruit. Convenient and tasty too.

http://www.**********************/sto...l-Mix-p69.html

Finally, you can get some good ol' Jerky, that's an easy way to get protein on the go. I like Jack's Links, get them from Amazon.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

thats right....i keep forgetting about the jerky..and the protein bars sound great ! but.... what im trying to get to is actual food not snacks...hot foods.. already prepared hot meals... and like i said..if i have to go fast food what would be best to order and what should i stay away from. for example what should i get if i go to safeway,subway,mc a dees,bk,taco bell..ect.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

subway buffalo chicken/double meat with shredded cheddar. wouldn't count it as clean, but it works.
  7. Registered User

just get chicken what ever, grilled. no fries, no soda, go for water, you could also get w/e sandwich w/o the bun, but dont think those simple carbs will hurt much.

most fast food joints have a grilled chicken breast sandwich.

if one isn't enough, get two.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

^^^^ now we're talkin !!!! this is what im looking for... should i say hold the mayo also. what about the low carb burger at carls jr. that is wrapped in lettuce...no bun. i want to know what peeps get at all these fast food joints ..i think it will be good to know.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

lol...check this out it even shows you treadmill time..http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fastfood.htm
  10. Registered User

I wouldn't hold the mayo, you're already getting rid of the carbs, but if that extra fat is bothering you, yea, no mayo or ketchup. I like the lettuce wrapped burger/chicken sandwich.

I used to have a mens health from back in the day that came with an eat this, not that poster, it was a fast food guide, and went over the healthier muscle building choices. it was pretty cool.

arby's was the best place also.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

yeah, just google healthy fast food guide if that's all you want.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  183 lbs.

Turkey Breast from Subway"Fresh Fit" looks good. 46 grams of carb and 18grams of protein.

If you want something at home, I like toasted whole wheat bread with organic peanut butter and jelly. And If I feel evil then maybe can of tuna with it. It may taste weird but you get everything with it proteins, carbs and fat.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

i get a footlong subway oven roasted chicken breast everyday for lunch when I'm bulking, 6" inch when im cutting...whole grain bread of course..hold the cheese and mayo, load up on veggies...add a little fat free honey mustard dressing..seems pretty clean to me
  14. T50

Go with the Better Protein Bars. They are delicious, made with great ingredients, and macros are really good if you use power butter to make them. Great for on the go.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I like Better Protein Bars by ****. They're ~500cal each with >30g protein and healthy fats, good whole food and very convenient (and tasty). I tried the Chocolate Raspberry and it was really good, and tonight I'm making Chocolate Banana for the next week. Easy, convenient, and tasty way to get quality calories on the go IMO. You don't even have to bake them, just mix and refrigerate, cut it up and put in glad bags or foil.

http://www.**********************/sto...-Bars-p18.html

use code "needto139" to get 15% off and free shipping anytime.

Another one is N2Mix which has protein crisps and nuts/dried fruit. Convenient and tasty too.

http://www.**********************/sto...l-Mix-p69.html

Finally, you can get some good ol' Jerky, that's an easy way to get protein on the go. I like Jack's Links, get them from Amazon.
    go with these. Your going to end up eating too many processed foods. That is not good, you ll be taking it tons of sodium
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.

For me when bulking, subway is a go to spot. As long as you have some basic knowledge of nutrition you can make most of there subs clean enough for a bulk IMO
  17. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Subway food is processed and preserved, lunch meat, bread, and even the veggies. In a pinch it's okay, but not the best IMO.

If you really want, just make a whole bunch of chicken breasts and eat those with oats and/or sweet potatoes. They travel well enough in gladlock/pyrex, and could hold fine in a cooler/insulated bag.
  18. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by no reason View Post
    ^^^^ now we're talkin !!!! this is what im looking for... should i say hold the mayo also. what about the low carb burger at carls jr. that is wrapped in lettuce...no bun. i want to know what peeps get at all these fast food joints ..i think it will be good to know.
    you want to be eating more carbs, not getting rid of them on SD..
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  232 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Subway food is processed and preserved, lunch meat, bread, and even the veggies. In a pinch it's okay, but not the best IMO.

If you really want, just make a whole bunch of chicken breasts and eat those with oats and/or sweet potatoes. They travel well enough in gladlock/pyrex, and could hold fine in a cooler/insulated bag.
    Agree with ya bud, just to clarify my last post, "subway is a go to spot for me if i need something on the go etc...
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T50 View Post
    Go with the Better Protein Bars. They are delicious, made with great ingredients, and macros are really good if you use power butter to make them. Great for on the go.
    I agree with this Guy. Thembetter protein bars are damn easy to boost up your Cal's and protein for the day without filling you up and bloating you....and they taste incredible!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

if it has to be FF... grilled chicken sammy.. I order 2 (or 4) and then dump one of the buns and make 1 sandwich from 2. I get em w/out mayo etc... keep the Lettuce and Tomato (i dont even want a sandwich without tomato!!!)
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

i will get some of those better protein bars but i just wanna see what some of you guys get when you want some real food and you dont have anything with you and you gotta stop at a restaurant or fast food.
  23. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Wendy's large chili and baked potato. Chicken no sauce everywhere else.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.

KFC, big bucket of grilled chicken lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What do you cook your meat with?!?
    By BB Ambitious in forum Recipes
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-11-2011, 11:39 AM
  2. healthiest way to cook
    By qwerty33 in forum Nutrition / Health