Protection Supps

dmilhouse

Awards
There was a thread on here that spoke to the recommended dosages for Hawthorne Berry, CoQ10, milk thistle, Nac, R-Ala, and potassium during a M1T or other methylated prosteriod cycle. Does anyone remember the link? I can't seem to find it. Or better yet, what dosages do you all use? I assume it is still I good idea to take these protection supps even if you are running a milder cycle like MOHN? Are they all necessary?

Thanks Much.

Milhouse.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't know the link, but I usually run ala and Nac at 600-1000mg a day. The milk thistle I wait till pct and add it in with the other two.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Also take Tylers Liver Detox along with the other supps.

Gumbo

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Enzymatic Therapy's "Silybin" milk thistle is tops. I also run Geronova's K-RALA; which is a stable form of r-ALA. Last; I take 800mg of Co-Q10 softgels -- all of these during and post-cycle. I am aware it may reduce the efficacy of the gear, but I'd prefer to be safe than sorry.

www.geronova.com for the K-RALA -- I use Mike at 1fast for the Co-Q10 and vitacost for the milk thistle.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
DO be a little cautious with liver supps as they can be harmful if not used properly. Most importantly, if you use them on cycle use them consistently or you can do more harm than good. Work up slowly in the dosages as a rapid detox of the liver can make you feel shitty and be bad for you.

Picture your liver being under stress from M1T then being bombarded by detox supps, then you forget to take them for several days and start again. This scenario would cause an even higher rise in liver values than if you had never used the supps.

Use them religiously or don't use them.

Lich

Banned
Awards
Vitamin C is a great detox, just drink a lot of OJ/Apple Juice

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
DO be a little cautious with liver supps as they can be harmful if not used properly. Most importantly, if you use them on cycle use them consistently or you can do more harm than good. Work up slowly in the dosages as a rapid detox of the liver can make you feel shitty and be bad for you.

Picture your liver being under stress from M1T then being bombarded by detox supps, then you forget to take them for several days and start again. This scenario would cause an even higher rise in liver values than if you had never used the supps.

I completely agree. I've read this several other places as well.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards

With that being said, would it make sense to take something like "tylers liver detox" in small dosages along with your cycle? Or would it be better to start taking the 'liver' supps after the cycle...starting with small dosages?

Thanks!

Gumbo

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
While researching this topic, I came across this:

http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/epcsums/samesum.htm

It is a meta-analysis of over 100 published articles performed by a top research group. They conclude that SAMe is effective at reducing elevating bilirubin levels, among other things.

I might start taking it-->anti-depressant, joint pain alleviator, and liver support all in one!

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And bump on the regular, NOT SPORADIC, liver supplementation regimn. If you actually had a liver condition, you'd be on meds year-round...why only take them for short periods of time when you're inducing liver harm?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
SAMe is great stuff, just wish the price would drop. I did notice that it's effectiveness against depression seems to wear off after several months of continual use. Really nice for joints at 400-600mg a day.

Definitely take your liver supps before,during and after a cycle. Stuff like NAC and ALA will help to keep the liver supplied with its various electrolytes and boost its efficiency at detoxing methyl compounds. Tyler's detox or any other supp should be started when the cycle starts or before it if possible. If you start taking supps in the middle of a cycle it might be wise to slowly ramp up the dosages to avoid shocking the liver.

I love mega dosing grape seed extract year round!

ShredHead

Awards
I just got some SAMe for different reasons, but it is good to know that it helps with the liver.