Protomax...consensus dosing for a first timer?

TorqueGTR04

Awards
What's up AM

I'm thinking of taking a step on the PH route, been researching a lot over the past several months. Looking into Protomax as a great beginner cycle with low sides and easy to maintain gains.

Current Stats - 185-190 lbs, 5'11", ~10% bf

Just wondering what the consensus dosing regimen would be, considering it would be a first cycle and I should be pretty receptive. Should I ramp up from 50-75 mg over 6 weeks or just go for a 100mg dosing (seen up to 125) for 6 weeks?

50/75/75/75/75/75 (2 bottles)

or

100/100/100/100/100/100 (3 bottles)

Looking for some LBM, minimizing fat gain on a bulk, muscle hardness/vascularity, strength. PCT would be Clomid 50/50/25/25 and Erase to taper off

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
this is like one of the most mildest compounds. but since its urs first, id go with the first one with 2 bottles or 50/75/75/75/100/100. 50mg wouldnt do anything, glad to see you have a serm unlike others that keep asking if OTC is enough. hows the diet gonna look

TorqueGTR04

Awards
Diet would be 3500 cals or so. About 300-325 g protein, 300 g carbs, 120 g fat. Bulking diet, just trying to get the most out of my efforts with the proto while staying as lean as possible. Would try to stay as clean as I can on the diet but get all the calories I can.

Any reason not to go for 100 mg daily? Would the proto be a waste at 75?

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
i mean try it if u want. i never used this stuff but 100 seems high for a first timer. go for it if u want

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
No need to go over 100 unless you dont see improvements, this is considered to be one of the more mild, so its like getting in the shallow end of the pool, rather than diving into the deep end, which is a smart idea. You're either going to love it or hate it, and you will know in 3 weeks max, dont expect to gain 20lbs, but at your stats/bf/diet if you keep everything on point, you could come away with some nice, conservative lbm gains that you'll keep after pct. If you have time, post a log, or mini log, or something we can follow, Im always on the lookout for independent feedback and reviews.

TorqueGTR04

Awards
I'll probably do that (log it) - would be August or September before I ran it though... Just looking to accelerate gains and come out of a bulk with less fat than what I normally do when eating a lot of calories. I've always put on muscle pretty easily but fat finds a way in as well. Cleaner sources of calories would definitely help me out, and I've come a long way recently with my diet.

Just would love to bust through some strength plateaus and up my ceiling as far as LBM goes

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
where this is your first cycle, lower dosages should give you plenty of gains and what your looking for. 100mg seems a bit much for a first timer, I would suggest dosages ranges between 25-50mgs for 6 - 8wks. A lot of people get fooled by the idea of more is more, especially when they dont feel anything from a compound within the first week or two. Slow and steady when the race, and in my experience taking the lowest dose possible of said compounds always provided me with satisfactory results. My last cycle was a 25mg daily dose of hdrol for 8wks. All went well, no side effects and all positives in terms of weight gain, strength increases etc(and that was far from my first cycle). Less is sometimes more with these oral ph's.

TorqueGTR04

Awards
Cool. Yeah I guess I just have seen a few logs where people didn't get anything until 100mg or above. At the same time, other people have felt great off of just 50 mg. I agree that it makes sense for me to stay at 50-75, no higher. Just hard not to buy into the "up your dose" hype haha.

It is funny to see how standard dosing for Halodrol 50 used to be 50mg a day, maybe 75, with great results. Now people are going up to 125 pretty commonly...lol

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's the more is more mentality. Some people dont feel it quick then they don't like it and up the dose. Hdrol is a perfect example.