Esterified Orals

crazy gains

Awards
Has enybody ever come across any 17aa compound with an ester attached? We have seen 7aa steroids with esters but never dbol acetate etc. How come?

Wouldn't it be a very useful thing?

Maybe the 17a position cannot be that crowded?

If such a compound can excist, any ideas on how they can be made?

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There's no room on the 17a for both alkylation and esterification.
What would be the advantage anyway?
I mean, for an ester to slow release, it has to get into the muscle tissue (actually adipose tissue), not the bloodstream.

crazy gains

Awards
Thanks for answering my question N4cer.
The advantage would be obvious, it could make orals halflife from 5 hours to 1 day, as happens with all those acetate orals (primo, nolva, clomid, vitamins, contraceptives etc etc etc). Remember that for the steroid to move from the injection site to the adipose tissue it has to go through the bloodstream and then create a dynamic balance between blood and fat concentrations.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Um that doesn't happen with acetate orals.
Look at it like this:
If that were true, then Andriol would have a long half-life. But when it hits the bloodstream, the ester is cleaved off, making it regular testosterone.

So no, the steroid forms a DEPOT when injected, meaning that it attaches in the adipose tissue directly surrounding the injection site. Then as the ester is cleaved off, it is released into the bloodstream.

And the half-life of nolva & clomid is a function of the compound itself... not of an ester. Just as Anavar has a 9hr half-life and dbol has a 3hr half-life. It's not because of an ester, but because of the compound.

crazy gains

Awards
Another question: Is it possible to esterify at another OH group? Anadrol has one and esiclene and m4ohn have one too...

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Okay, Jarconis. You've thrown me off with that one.
I don't know where that falls into this.
Explain to a mentally slow bro like myself.

crazy gains

Awards
Um that doesn't happen with acetate orals.
Look at it like this:
If that were true, then Andriol would have a long half-life. But when it hits the bloodstream, the ester is cleaved off, making it regular testosterone.

So no, the steroid forms a DEPOT when injected, meaning that it attaches in the adipose tissue directly surrounding the injection site. Then as the ester is cleaved off, it is released into the bloodstream.

And the half-life of nolva & clomid is a function of the compound itself... not of an ester. Just as Anavar has a 9hr half-life and dbol has a 3hr half-life. It's not because of an ester, but because of the compound.
Thanks for claryfing things for me bro. :)

But, then why do they put the acetate esters to all those drugs?

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The only oral that I know of being an acetate is the primo.
And I think that's an acetate just for the fact that an ester increases lymphatic uptake.

So by my thinking, you'd be better off to take the methenolone enanthate (orally) instead for more uptake. The question is how much more do you get that way, and will it outweigh the hormone lost in the increased ester weight?
I don't know the answer to that. It makes no sense to me either. I'll inject the enanthate and be done with it.

Although I'd still love to know what the heck Jarconis was talking about, unless he was just post whoring. :D

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's not like there's a difference in oral or IM as far as dbol's half-life is concerned.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
The only oral that I know of being an acetate is the primo.
And I think that's an acetate just for the fact that an ester increases lymphatic uptake.

So by my thinking, you'd be better off to take the methenolone enanthate (orally) instead for more uptake. The question is how much more do you get that way, and will it outweigh the hormone lost in the increased ester weight?
I don't know the answer to that. It makes no sense to me either. I'll inject the enanthate and be done with it.

Although I'd still love to know what the heck Jarconis was talking about, unless he was just post whoring. :D
Not really bro. This is over my head so I don't understand everthing but the process of the acetate uptake has to do with the livers processing of the ester, just some kinds of them. the long heavier esters like test U or even EQ (yes you can use EQ orally, waste of money IMO) are taken up in the parts that handle oils and such. Acetate works along the same vein being processed and absorbed as the ester is removed. fina is also orally avalible to the tune of around 25% using this method. I don't have a reliable number on primo uptake though.

how ever all other esters have almost nil absorbsion so no eating the cyp