Stretch marks

lorden24

Awards
Assuming one is gaining well, and rapidly on a cycle, are stretch marks basically guaranteed? Are they common?

matt352

Awards
  • Established
Don't know about guaranteed...but they sure showed up for me

kom01

kom01

Awards
I think it depends on your skin. Some people tend to not get them eventhough they grow rapidly, whereas others do. My mate has the worst stretch marks whereas I have small ones near my biceps. The worst is when they are red.

lorden24

Awards
I think it depends on your skin. Some people tend to not get them eventhough they grow rapidly, whereas others do. My mate has the worst stretch marks whereas I have small ones near my biceps. The worst is when they are red.
does anyone have any recommendations for preventing or getting rid of them? I'm surprised there is not a sticky on this.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
There's quite a bit of info out there on Stretch mark treatment. They are basically treated just the way scars are. It takes time but with good care they do fade.
Prevention is based around keeping skin well moisturized and malleable, cocoa butter, beeswax ect....
Treatment can include vitamin e and d for healing, alpha hydroxy and salycilic acid that exfoliate, lighten and soften the texture. They remove dead skin and promote skin renewal, I've used these for stretch marks, scars and once for lemon stains on my skin with great results.
I've used Eucerin and Walgreens brand.
There are also natural home remedies out there but I haven't tried them.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Yeah sometimes stretch marks are worse than you think they are. I mean I used to be fat back in the day...so I have hella stretch marks all over my stomach.

When my gf and I first started dating, I told her I was real insecure about my stomach and stretch marks. This was probably a month or two after we had been dating and messing around.

She looked at me funny and I asked her what was wrong....she said "I don't know how I could have been sleeping with you for months and have never noticed them"

Lesson here is not everyone sees what we see in the mirror.

But everyone else have given good tips here. HGH might help repair them. and that's a might. Being tan helps them fade. And getting lean will help too.

TehProdigy

TehProdigy

Awards
  • Established
Ive been caking lotion on ever since I first noticed them. Seems to be slowing the process.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
If stretch marks are your biggest concern with your physique, then I truly envy you, lol.

Seriously though, the darker your skin is, the less pronounced they are, start going to the tanner and get tan, and you'd be surprised how much less noticeable they are.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Great post. In for future input. I have loads of stretch marks from my freshman 15 and sophomore 30... what a mess I was. Any input on toning the skin? I lost hope in getting rid of the stretch marks but my skin is still a little loose.

captain19_

Awards
Assuming one is gaining well, and rapidly on a cycle, are stretch marks basically guaranteed? Are they common?
Use MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) for stretch marks. Make sure it as at least 15% I usually use trimedica.