Signs of Prohormone induced hair loss?

mbj217

Awards
I know there is a hair loss thread but this is not about prevention but detection.
I have a definitive receding hair line and would like to keep it from going any further. I started taking halodrol by cel 4 days ago and nizoral shampoo the day before that. The past couple of days I have noticed a hot sensation on my scalp. NOt an itching but a hot sensation. So far I have not noticed any shedding but def. a weird warm sensation. When I used epistane in the past I noticed itchiness and def. shedding. Do you think this new feeling is an indication that shedding might begin shortly? Anyone else experience anything like this? COuld it just be a reaction to the nizoral shampoo? Any advice is appreciated.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
im curious as well. ive never thought that i shed, but in the last 5 minutes ive been running my hand through my hair and every time i get at least 1 or 2 hairs........

i might just be paranoid to go to walmart right now for some nizoral shampoo

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Uhhh...how about when your hair starts falling out?
What kind of question is this?

on the run

Awards
if you naturally have a receding hairline, then roids/ph are only gonna make it worse

mbj217

Awards
Uhhh...how about when your hair starts falling out?
What kind of question is this?
If you read the question you would understand what I was asking. I stated that itching is often a precursor for hair shedding. I was asking if anyone had experience with a warmth feeling prior to hair shedding.

mbj217

Awards
if you naturally have a receding hairline, then roids/ph are only gonna make it worse
Yeah I know man which is why I went with Halodrol. I have read of people with receding hair lines not seeing any hair shed while on halodrol

kom01

kom01

Awards
Yeah I know man which is why I went with Halodrol. I have read of people with receding hair lines not seeing any hair shed while on halodrol
Same here, I haven't heard many people complain about hair shedding on H-drol either. It is usually more common with winny, epi etc...

mbj217

Awards
komo you start taking it yet? IF so have you seen any shedding? I def notice my skin getting more oily in my face.

MacTruck33

Awards
Epistane did some nice damage to my hairline. I have a marine style haricut so you cant notice as bad but my **** thinned big time from Epi. I have MPB on my mom and dad side so im truly a ticking time bomb to be bald anyway but im still 23 and seeing it go so soon does suck.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Epistane did some nice damage to my hairline. I have a marine style haricut so you cant notice as bad but my **** thinned big time from Epi. I have MPB on my mom and dad side so im truly a ticking time bomb to be bald anyway but im still 23 and seeing it go so soon does suck.
did you/are you using nizoral shampoo or full spectrum vitamin E to try to prevent the hairloss?

kom01

kom01

Awards
Na I haven't started my cycle yet, will begin 1st of August. However, I think I will be stacking Hdrol with Xtren, to see how i go. I want to buy epi so bad to give it a go but don't want to loose my hair (lol atm my hair looks like goku from Dragon Ball Z). I face the same problem, both my mums and dad's dad went bald very young early 20's. The funny thing is though my dad didn't start to receed until 40. I might buy some nizoral shampoo as a preventive measure.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
which nizoral shampoo is the one your referring to, is it "Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo 60ml"?
I'm pretty sure he means Niz 2%. The 1% is available OTC but 2% is prescription strength.

mbj217

Awards
I've read there is little difference between the OTC and prescription strength stuff

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i just read smoking causes hairloss as well. apparently oxygen can't get to the scalp or something and it causes hair to die quicker than it can grow.

another reason i am never smoking another cigar. aside from the paranoia of lurking cancer, that is.

fyi for dudes that smoke and are worried about hair. not that anyone on AM would possibly smoke :D

kom01

kom01

Awards
i just read smoking causes hairloss as well. apparently oxygen can't get to the scalp or something and it causes hair to die quicker than it can grow.

another reason i am never smoking another cigar. aside from the paranoia of lurking cancer, that is.

fyi for dudes that smoke and are worried about hair. not that anyone on AM would possibly smoke :D
Maybe that explains why my grandparents lost their hair early 20's, whilst there sons still have hair on their heads at 40. Haha, I will probably get a hair transplant if I ever lost my hair or glue some hair on my scalp ;)

gav86

Awards
  • Established
ive gotta say and i cant be 100% sure it was the smoking but since i stopped my hairloss has stopped and its regrowing very nicely, im 25.