Bloody Noses.. - AnabolicMinds.com

Bloody Noses..

1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Bloody Noses..

Last night i was taking a shower when all of a sudden my nose started to bleed, and i mean bleed, like a ****ing faucet.. I have gotten a few bloddy noses in my life, but i have never seen it bleed like that. THen a little while later while laying in bed, i felt it start to bleed again, and again it was like a faucet for a good 4-5 min.. Again this morning in the shower it happened.. WTF?

What is causeing this? High BP? I have no history of high BP..

Currently running this cycle and am on week 7.
    Var-35mg-ed-1-5
    500mg Test-E-wk-1-10
    10mg M1t-Ed-6-10

2. Board Supporter

History or none... check your BP. You don't have to have a history of high BP to have elevated BP while on. Many Wal-marts, Walgreens, Eckerds, etc. have free machines to check it. I think you should start there.

dd
  3. Elite Member

if you have semi big arms.. it 17 then you will not get a good reading from the walmart free machine.. get a good one for home use and get the larger cuff... not that expensive and you need to keep an eye on your BP if you are using gear.. especially if High BP runs in your family..
    •   

4. Advanced Member

It is probably the M1T, I did a cycle of M1T/4ad, the M1T was at 15mg/day. And just like you, it happened everytime I was in the shower, I dont know what makes that happen. then probably 4-5 nights out of the week, I would wake up to my nose running like a river and have to haul balls to the bathroom to get some tissues, and it would take at least 5 min to get it stopped. The second day off the M1T they stopped. I had my bp checked at one of those walmart setups, but I guess Matthew said they arent as accurate if over 17", mine were like 17.5 so I dunno, mine was like 148/87 I believe, and that was right after I got done lifting. I would suggest dropping the M1T that is the only thing that stopped it for me. Oh ya, squats and shrugs didnt work out so well...one of the times I was squatting and the rack is right in front of the mirrors and when my nose started bleeding is hit the mirrors, I thought it was kinda cool
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew D
    you need to keep an eye on your BP if you are using gear.. especially if High BP runs in your family..
    Ya, androgens in general have a tendency to raise bp. I was on a cycle of S1+ and had a very bad experiance. I got up one morning to do my work out at home. I had a slight head ache when I got up but didnt think anything about it. I was pretty tired so I decided to use Ephedrine as a preworkout boost (Bad Mistake) well after my first set of bench press I litterly thought my head was going to explode. I felt all cold and clammy, thought I was going to puke, along side the worst head ache I have ever experianced (And I get a migrane every coupla of years or so, so I know all about head pain.) All I could think was this is the end, I am going to pop a fuse in my head and it will be all over. Well I managed to lay down and fall asleep for a few hours and when I woke up the head ach was tollerable.

Any way the point is that I went out the very next day and bought a bp cuff and now use Hawthorn Berry when on cycle.

Oh an high bp is not a family trait for me.
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Thanks a lot guys.. How much do the BP testers run? My fiance is an RN so i will just have her keep an eye on it for me every few days.. I think i am going to drop the M1t anyway.. Any supps i can take without a perscription to keep Bp in check if it turns out to be that?

Thanks
  7. Professional Member

It most likely is high blood pressure, most likely the methyl1test. Also, I do not think it is a wise decision on your part to use a 17aa oral agent for 10 consecutive weeks. M1T is a harsh compound.
  8. Registered User

DIY bp cuffs are cheep. I picked mine up at walgreens for about 10 bucks complete (cuff steathasascope and all), I checked walmart and K-mart and the price was pretty much the same. I didnt get the larger cuff (should have as I am maxing out the regular cuff) so I am not sure how much it is)

As far as sups, like I said above, Hawthorn Berry, It helps reduce my bp by about 10 pts.
  9. Registered User

Bloody Nose:

I am almost certain it was the m1t, anytime I run a methylated compound, esp M1t, I take 1.5- 2.0 grams of hawthorn berry daily. Real cheap and effective IMO.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by size
    It most likely is high blood pressure, most likely the methyl1test. Also, I do not think it is a wise decision on your part to use a 17aa oral agent for 10 consecutive weeks. M1T is a harsh compound.
    I was only going to run the M1t for 5 weeks.. I am just going to drop it all together though, my body obviously doesnt like M1t.. I will run out and get a BP cuff, and some hawthorn berry..

Thanks
  11. New Member

Hi there,

You aren't the first guy taking M1T that has reported nosebleeds as a side. It's probably BP related, and it ought to go away when you go off the M1T. Sorry to learn that the sides were too bad for you though. I just had a splitting hangover-type headache early on (also probably BP-related), that happily abated after a few days.

Good luck to you!
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Well i just took my BP 137/70.. I am pretty sure that is normal but i will ask my Fiance... It has to be the M1t, i stopped yesterday, but i did get a bloddy nose this morning. Hopefully this will stop in a few days..
  13. PC1

The blood pressure I can't help you with. But on the nosebleeds just generally I have a couple of words of advice on how to stop them (from someone who has had a ton during the course of his life) and how to help prevent them in the first place.

Forget stuffing tissues, cotton, etc. up your nose once it's bleeding, because once you take them out your nose will usually start bleeding again.

Sit up straight, or stand up even, just don't lay down. Then, just push on the outside of your nose (the side that's bleeding of course) with your first finger and just keep applying direct pressure for several minutes. Firmly, but not too hard. That's it. That's the quickest way to stop them.

About 1 in every 16 males have a condition in their noses where, instead of having several small veins running at or near the surface, have 1 large one instead. I was among the 1 in 16. If you live in an area that is dry, and/or is very cold in the winter, this also tends to dry out the inside of your nose, causing the mucuous to get hard and crusty. Blowing your nose even, can cause these to rip off and a nose bleed immediately follows.

I ended up having surgery when I was about 19 because the problem was so chronic. I was put to sleep, and then they shattered that large vein and usually it grows back with several smaller ones. I did that, and then had it cauterized, to boot. I still get them, but nothing of the magnitude I used to go through........ sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night, the pillow soaked. Looked like a murder scene.

If you're one of the 1 in 16, androgens probably just aggravate the situation with higher blood pressure.

Another tip...........

Pick up some KY Jelly at your local pharmacy. If the inside of your nose tends to dry out, 2 or 3 times a day as needed, put a little on your finger (or Q-tip of you're hung up about putting your finger up your nose ) and rub it around the inside of your nose. It will help to keep it from drying out. DON'T use vaseline, it will only make things worse.

Good luck
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PC1
    The blood pressure I can't help you with. But on the nosebleeds just generally I have a couple of words of advice on how to stop them (from someone who has had a ton during the course of his life) and how to help prevent them in the first place.

Forget stuffing tissues, cotton, etc. up your nose once it's bleeding, because once you take them out your nose will usually start bleeding again.

Sit up straight, or stand up even, just don't lay down. Then, just push on the outside of your nose (the side that's bleeding of course) with your first finger and just keep applying direct pressure for several minutes. Firmly, but not too hard. That's it. That's the quickest way to stop them.

About 1 in every 16 males have a condition in their noses where, instead of having several small veins running at or near the surface, have 1 large one instead. I was among the 1 in 16. If you live in an area that is dry, and/or is very cold in the winter, this also tends to dry out the inside of your nose, causing the mucuous to get hard and crusty. Blowing your nose even, can cause these to rip off and a nose bleed immediately follows.

I ended up having surgery when I was about 19 because the problem was so chronic. I was put to sleep, and then they shattered that large vein and usually it grows back with several smaller ones. I did that, and then had it cauterized, to boot. I still get them, but nothing of the magnitude I used to go through........ sometimes I'd wake up in the middle of the night, the pillow soaked. Looked like a murder scene.

If you're one of the 1 in 16, androgens probably just aggravate the situation with higher blood pressure.

Another tip...........

Pick up some KY Jelly at your local pharmacy. If the inside of your nose tends to dry out, 2 or 3 times a day as needed, put a little on your finger (or Q-tip of you're hung up about putting your finger up your nose ) and rub it around the inside of your nose. It will help to keep it from drying out. DON'T use vaseline, it will only make things worse.

Good luck
    Great info man! In my case i think it is strictly the M1t.. I never got a nosebleed in my life untill i was 16 or so, i might have had 2-3 since then, but now all of a sudden they are happening, so i think it is the M1t. I will definetly use that advice if i have any further nose bleeds, but hopefully now that i stopped the M1t they will stop..
  15. Ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by PC1
    Good advice. I also do this, except I use Vaseline.

Its probably the M1T, I had a similar experience this winter while on my M1T cycle, noticed myself getting bloody noses more often. My BP was 140/90 the day before I finished my cycle, similar to yours. Hawthorn Berry is recommended, I’ll definitely be running it next time.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

It's probably not BP, it has to do with certain clotting factors in the blood. Don't use T3, asprin, warfin, ethanol, etc... It's not always dose related. The only thing that seems to help is Citrus Bioflavinoids. High does, like 6/500mg pills pre day w/ about 3g Vit.C stacked with it. They sell specific enzymes for this but it might be hard to expalin to your doc, this is usually of a congenital blood disorder and he'll run a lot of tests. Also, to stop it fast, use a vasoconstrictor like a 12hr nasal allergy spray, or a little epinephrine on a cotton ball. As far as this happening, Halo and M1T are the harshest on me.
  17. PC1

Quote Originally Posted by scipio
    Good advice. I also do this, except I use Vaseline.

The reason against vaseline is that it repels water, it's a petroleum based product. It will make the inside of your nose "feel" somewhat slippery but won't help to moisten it.

Whereas KY will actually help to moisten nasal passages.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bloody Noses On Cycle
    By Mzone in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 11:03 AM
  2. bloody nose's on PH cycle
    By qwerty33 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 08:33 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 11:50 AM