My Cure For Acne
- 07-24-2004, 08:22 AM
My Cure For Acne
Ok I know lots of guys have tried countless things to clear up acne while on a cycle and off.. Ive had pretty bad acne through high school and moderate now at 23 years old.. but after trying many many things Ive finnaly found a group of products that keep me clear even now 4 weeks into a m5aa/4ad/m1t cycle...
1. 4-6g of Pantothenic Acid spread throughout the day.. i think 10g is a little much..(http://store.yahoo.com/vitaglo/488.html)
2. Topix Benzoyl Peroxide Wash 5%(http://shop.store.yahoo.com/skin-etc/tobepe5wa.html).. wash affected area at least 2 times a day
3. Topix Benzaderm 5% Gel. apply at night use a pretty good amount.. for bad back acne i apply 1-3 times a day (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/skin-etc/tobegel5.html)
4. Almond-Aloe Facial Moisturizer.. best ive found for the price.. apply very small amount during day after washing area with Benzoyl wash.. at night I apply a good amount after 5% gel dries.. not really needed if you dont have facial acne.. (http://www.discountblvd.com/331102.html)
5. Lasty this isnt really needed but Vanicream Sunscreen SPF 35 is the best ive found for skin that reacts poorly to most sunscreen's(Amazon.com: Vanicream Sunscreen SPF 35 - 4 oz: Health & Personal Care)
seems like a lot but everything is pretty cheap and most will last you more than a month.. ive been doing this for almost 6 months now ive never been more happy about an acne regime.. well just wanted to share this hope it helps someone
- 07-24-2004, 12:31 PMLife is a terminal condition.
She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway.
07-24-2004, 05:12 PM
yea i know thats why i didnt say why i took it... but u gotta use all the things I listed 1-4.. ive tried b5 alone and it works well but it dries you out and besides clearing up acne it doesnt improve the overall appearance of the skin much.. also with only b5 i noticed pimples showing up a lot... with the routine i use now i almost never see a pimple...Originally Posted by b5150
07-24-2004, 05:20 PM
07-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Ive tried retin-a made me break out worse.. accutane works great but is very hard on the liver.. differnt stuff works for differnt people.. this is just what works for meOriginally Posted by cobra1414
07-24-2004, 05:43 PM
07-24-2004, 05:55 PM
accutane works great for cystic acne. in fact, that is the only medicinal cure for cystic acne and the only time it should be used IMO.Originally Posted by Sanosuke
07-24-2004, 06:01 PM
agreed, thats the problem, the only one thing that works for everyone is accutane, but you don't really wanna go there if you don't have to.Originally Posted by Sanosuke
All the stuff from the supermarket does nothing for me, most meds do nothing either. Accutane worked fantastic while I was on it (did two 5 month cycles) but my acne returned each time, though it was never as bad as before. I've found for me retin-a is the next best thing, and much better alternative to the sides of accutane.
07-24-2004, 06:07 PM
i had to do about 4-5 cycles of accutane over 2-3 years to completely get rid of my cystic acne. getting older helped alot too.Originally Posted by cobra1414
07-24-2004, 06:16 PM
most people with very sensitive skin and had or have bad acne only have more problems with salicylic i know i do.. it makes mine 10x worse..Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns
07-24-2004, 07:06 PM
i use a bar of soap and i get a pimple now and then but over all it works pretty darn good now that i am a little older.
07-24-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm 32 and I still have chronic cystic acne. I've done 1 cycle of accutane and it did help but I really don't want to go there again.
07-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By marksdiman123 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 32Last Post: 03-06-2013, 07:31 PM
- By bigrich954rr in forum AnabolicsReplies: 10Last Post: 05-13-2004, 07:39 PM
- By pharaohf4 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 9Last Post: 02-11-2004, 06:28 PM
- By dez/null in forum General ChatReplies: 15Last Post: 03-20-2003, 10:03 AM
- By Crankin'steiN in forum AnabolicsReplies: 23Last Post: 03-10-2003, 06:00 PM