Help me get started please

Egreg123

Awards
I am 20 years old, exercise regularly (boxing, mma, weight lifting), and eat a healthy diet.

I am at a complete loss of where to start, I have been looking around the forum for a while now, and have no idea what i should use. I don't want to use anything to extreme (illegal, or extreme side effects).

-Should i be taking things to increase my testosterone?

-Should i be taking hgh inducers

-Phera, Super, and Halo? (don't really know what those are, i just read in a thread)

Thank you so much in advance for the help, and i apologize in advance if i posted this in the wrong section.

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
Nothing, just hit the weights and that will cause a raise in testosterone, your still young, dont make the mistakes some of us did when we were that age and turned to ph's, They are meant to be for a plateau , just get on a natty test booster if anything and stick to eating good and training, when you reach around 22 to 23 is where I'd start to expirement wih ph's when you have done enough research

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Low testosterone shouldnt be an issue at 20 Dont get caught up in trying to manipulate your hormones test estrogen and growth hormone ,at your age .

stick to basics , try some creatine if you want to.If you dont know which to choose stick with creatine monohydrate -its cheap and studies have been done to back it up.

A good diet , eating regularly , sleeping well and training hard.your body should respond.

Dont get caught up in the jungle of prohormones, designer steroids etc its a mine field and is only for the experienced So many dabble on here with them then cry for help.

dont go there - i wish you well.

Egreg123

Awards
Thank you ward and corsaking, you probably saved me a lot of pain/money.

The main reason i do want these things to help is because I'm at a plateau, I am in extremely good shape, every part of my body is rock hard but i don't have mass. My dad is an ex body builder so he has helped me with work out routines so i know its not the way I'm lifting that's keeping me from gaining. I can also eat SOOO much and not gain a pound (healthy high protein food).

All in all i just wanted a little boost to get over this hump, but now they i heard from you i guess i should just tough threw it.

One last question: Would that andromass thing be alright? It seems to be very popular and seems to have almost no downside.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Thank you ward and corsaking, you probably saved me a lot of pain/money.

The main reason i do want these things to help is because I'm at a plateau, I am in extremely good shape, every part of my body is rock hard but i don't have mass. My dad is an ex body builder so he has helped me with work out routines so i know its not the way I'm lifting that's keeping me from gaining. I can also eat SOOO much and not gain a pound (healthy high protein food).

All in all i just wanted a little boost to get over this hump, but now they i heard from you i guess i should just tough threw it.

One last question: Would that andromass thing be alright? It seems to be very popular and seems to have almost no downside.
hi

well my first question is what does your dad think to you taking prohormones /designer steroid?
As for Andromass i suggest you read the product description on the Primodial performane web site. It reads something like this "The Real Deal. AndroMass delivers the muscle building power of 428mg/week of injectable testosterone. That’s serious.....

i carnt see how that amount of test per week cannot have a down side , for one you will get more estrogen as the body trys to compensate for too much test and that could bring on problems of its own

it will also shut your own supply down then you will have to think about starting up your own production You mentioned saving money , once you get on the chemical route , theres no chance as you will need to buy all the support supplements such as cycle support and then something to kick start your own test production.

as i said in my earlier post , taking designer steroids is not something to be taken lightly , you need a lot of experience and a lot of research behind you.
Remember that the people who come out with any product whatever it is , word their advertising in such away it reads very positive After all they want to sell it.What they dont tell you is what happens if things go wrong Aso remember that the person behind a review can be anybody and could well be related to the manufacturing company.
i can understand your frustatrion , why not just go over what your diet is like , your training and see if any adjustment will make a difference?
Then look for natural supplements to get you out of the plateau.

i personally dont think your ready for anything chemical.

kom01

kom01

Awards
I think alot of people don't know how important dieting is. I have a few mates that say yeah we are eating fine and etc.. but when I look at their food intake and what they are eating they are clueless. So basically, what I am trying to say is that do some research on what you should be eating and most of the time it will help with you putting weight on. Stick to protein, creatine, flaxseed oil and a multi vitamin and that's all you need for now. Also, if you do MMA look into Jack3d or 1MR, it helps me when fighting and it may even get you over the plateau you are talking about.

kom01

kom01

Awards
Btw you are a good weight for your age/height and if your serious about fighting(MMA), you shouldn't really be focusing on mass rather trying to stay strong at a low weight division.

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
Btw you are a good weight for your age/height and if your serious about fighting(MMA), you shouldn't really be focusing on mass rather trying to stay strong at a low weight division.
Try lifting a bit heavier, the heavier your lift the hungrier you are when you get home from the gym also, try and up your carbs as well this will help in muscle mass gain, trust me a ph isnt going to give you this mass, your diet is the key to any growth a ph is just a supplement

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
no AAS for you stick with soem basic and good supps.
some i rec:
Creatine
ASGT
Need2Slin
Whey protein
multi v/m
Fishol
5000iu VitD ed
L-Taurine

Egreg123

Awards
Okay, no designer steroids for me. And no my dad would kill me for even thinking about taking prohormones /designer steroid. I think he would rather me do heroin then steroids haha.

I will work more on my diet, and i currently am taking: Creatine, Whey protein, multi vitamin, and fishol.

@kom01 : I used to do mma competitions, and was really into it, and yeah right now my body is perfect for that. But I don't compete anymore, and just want to put on size.

@ward : I do lift heavy, with low reps every 2-3 weeks, should i be maxing out every week? My dad said not to max out every week, but he is old.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
i used to weigh 135 at 6'1 and i was 20 b4 i started taking "prohromones aka steroids" and i weighed 190 b4 i started. I should have waited till i was 22-25 but hey 20 is better than 18. Most people say they eat a lot but they actually dont. DO you eat every hour and a half? IF not then you dont eat enough, phs or steroids will put weight on you and strength but it costs lots of money for them and support supps, do more research man then do it if you want to and understand the risks/rewards.

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
i used to weigh 13 at 6'1 and i was 20 b4 i started taking "prohromones aka steroids" and i weighed 190 b4 i started. I should have waited till i was 22-25 but hey 20 is better than 18. Most people say they eat a lot but they actually dont. DO you eat every hour and a half? IF not then you dont eat enough, phs or steroids will put weight on you and strength but it costs lots of money for them and support supps, do more research man then do it if you want to and understand the risks/rewards.
Disagree on the highlighted area, Define weight ? Water weight you mean ? your diet is what puts weight on you. I've seen plenty of people take AA's and Ph's and got nothing from them cause there diet was ****

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
DO you eat every hour and a half? IF not then you dont eat enough
Strongly disagree. Eating that frequently is counterproductive when trying to gain weight, as it cranks up your metabolism. I think 4-5 meals a day is just about ideal when bulking, just increase the caloric content of each meal.

Black Hat

Awards
The simple fact you know nothing about these compounds you are considering or were considering taking tells me you aren't ready, do a bunch more research, train for another year or 2 and then make your own choice, once you have made that choice feel free to get second/third etc. opinions on your planned cycle, this at least shows us you have taken some initiative, it's your body after all, you owe it at least that much.

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
poor dude everyones bagging on his advice lol!
Sometimes we think we know more than we do. When I first started working at a gym I thought you could crunch away fat... I know better now because enough people told me that I was an idiot.

kom01

kom01

Awards
That's stupid to eat every 1.5hours, if you did that you would be really fat, not to mention on the money you will be wasting. In fact, your body can digest 30g of protein each 3 hours and anything over you piss out. Try and eat every 3-4 hours and attempt to have 5 solid meals and also add in protein shakes add in a few more meals. Make sure you take glucose/dextrose after workouts with your protein aswell. Lol just don't over think it like me, I spent 1-2 years studying nutrition just for gym.

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes we think we know more than we do. When I first started working at a gym I thought you could crunch away fat... I know better now because enough people told me that I was an idiot.
lol:shocked1:

Husker89

Banned
Awards
Strongly disagree. Eating that frequently is counterproductive when trying to gain weight, as it cranks up your metabolism. I think 4-5 meals a day is just about ideal when bulking, just increase the caloric content of each meal.
Well when you go from 135 to 190 naturally tell me how to get big not saying what ur saying is wrong, my point is just that people say they eat alot and really dont. I eat a meal, a shake and hour and a half or 2 hours later than 1 and a half hours to 2 hours i eat another meal, worked great for me as i went from 135 to 190 naturally.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
Disagree on the highlighted area, Define weight ? Water weight you mean ? your diet is what puts weight on you. I've seen plenty of people take AA's and Ph's and got nothing from them cause there diet was ****
The steroids he listed phera and halo with his diet will put weight on you. Depending on compound it will be water mostly but my statement is including that he is eating lots of food as he said. Obviously gear that converts to estradiol will put more water and fat on you i believe phera doesnt aromatize i know 4-chloro doesnt for sure. But even with sd and the listed compounds they will put some weight on you with a decent diet, i agree diet dictates weight but gear will help with adding weight if diet is right

Husker89

Banned
Awards
Everyone needs to be corrected thats how we learn but i feel my advice is not that far off if off at all. Lets say you eat first meal at 9, then 2nd at 1, 3rd at 5, 4th at 9, thats four meals in a day. Now if your trying to gain weight i would eat around 4000 cals due to 3500 cals in a lb of average bodyweight and by that youll gain a lb a week( with no other variables ofcourse) so by your advice four meals a day at 1000 calories is better than 4 bigger meals(around 750 cals per meal) and 4 shakes or mini meals(around 250 cals per mini meal) every day? I think on paper i would rather due mine but you have good stats and i like your posts so i will respect what you have to say. a reply is appreciated and welcomed.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
The steroids he listed phera and halo with his diet will put weight on you. Depending on compound it will be water mostly but my statement is including that he is eating lots of food as he said. Obviously gear that converts to estradiol will put more water and fat on you i believe phera doesnt aromatize i know 4-chloro doesnt for sure. But even with sd and the listed compounds they will put some weight on you with a decent diet, i agree diet dictates weight but gear will help with adding weight if diet is right
i think you may be forgetting this guys age -20- your post is encouragement to take steroids .

kom01

kom01

Awards
What ward5742 is trying to say that the weight that those pro-hormones put on you are usually water weight, well especially when using wet compounds such as phera. I actually went from 130lbs to 198lbs naturally and have even reached 216lbs on a bulk. It all requires time and adjusting your diet to suit your needs. Whether you put weight on or not will depend on calories in vs calories out, not the pro-hormone. As for my mates, they say they eat properly but they haven't changed in mass for the last 5 years. I guess some people don't know what they are doing wrong and some don't want to listen.

kom01

kom01

Awards
Everyone needs to be corrected thats how we learn but i feel my advice is not that far off if off at all. Lets say you eat first meal at 9, then 2nd at 1, 3rd at 5, 4th at 9, thats four meals in a day. Now if your trying to gain weight i would eat around 4000 cals due to 3500 cals in a lb of average bodyweight and by that youll gain a lb a week( with no other variables ofcourse) so by your advice four meals a day at 1000 calories is better than 4 bigger meals(around 750 cals per meal) and 4 shakes or mini meals(around 250 cals per mini meal) every day? I think on paper i would rather due mine but you have good stats and i like your posts so i will respect what you have to say. a reply is appreciated and welcomed.
The reason DYEGYE suggest 4 meals as opposed to 7-8 meals when on a bulk is to decrease your metabolism. People usually eat small meals more frequently on a cut to increase their metabolism, in order to burn more fat. However, in saying this, whether I cut, bulk or recomp I eat 7-8 meals (including shakes). I am a firm believer that regardless of the frequency of your meals, that the deciding factor when loosing weight or gaining weight is calories in vs calories out.

kom01

kom01

Awards
i think you may be forgetting this guys age -20- your post is encouragement to take steroids .
agreed.....But I guess the advise here will help him make his decision. But i guess a lot of people on AM have to recognize that not everyone will take someone's advice and will still do it. However, I believe this post is good because it clarifies some misconceptions that people have about pro-hormones.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
agreed.....But I guess the advise here will help him make his decision. But i guess a lot of people on AM have to recognize that not everyone will take someone's advice and will still do it. However, I believe this post is good because it clarifies some misconceptions that people have about pro-hormones.
Man im not encouraging anyone to take gear i am giving this person my experience and trying to answer questions. Nowhere in my post did i say you should do this or go take steroids, you dont think he already knows that steroids help you physically? SO by me saying that it is not encouraging him, dont give me that bs man i would never do that to anyone underage.
I sent this to the wrong person, i menat to send it to CORSAKING, get out of here with that trash man.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
The reason DYEGYE suggest 4 meals as opposed to 7-8 meals when on a bulk is to decrease your metabolism. People usually eat small meals more frequently on a cut to increase their metabolism, in order to burn more fat. However, in saying this, whether I cut, bulk or recomp I eat 7-8 meals (including shakes). I am a firm believer that regardless of the frequency of your meals, that the deciding factor when loosing weight or gaining weight is calories in vs calories out.
agree

DYEGYE

DYEGYE

Awards
  • Established
Well when you go from 135 to 190 naturally tell me how to get big not saying what ur saying is wrong, my point is just that people say they eat alot and really dont. I eat a meal, a shake and hour and a half or 2 hours later than 1 and a half hours to 2 hours i eat another meal, worked great for me as i went from 135 to 190 naturally.
I went from a fluffy 170 to a STRONG 238 naturally. I ate a large amount of food about 3-4 times a day, and always looked for ways to add in an extra calorie here or there. That's the way to do it. Eating super frequently speeds up your metabolism and makes it harder to gain weight.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
I went from a fluffy 170 to a STRONG 238 naturally. I ate a large amount of food about 3-4 times a day, and always looked for ways to add in an extra calorie here or there. That's the way to do it. Eating super frequently speeds up your metabolism and makes it harder to gain weight.
I agree, it is just how i did it man. I didnt understand why you three were saying i was wrong when they are both different methods that work, would you agree?