Blood in pin after inject?

Husker89

Banned
Awards
i have been doing test c for 6 weeks and am doing another 6. I pinned in r quad and after i got done there was a little blood in the pin like a very small amount. Did i hit a vein, the doc told me not to aspirate as i only use a 5/8inch needle, let me know.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
first of all ALWAYS aspirate, I have no idea why your "doc" would tell you otherwise. And if you didn't start coughing uncontrollably, you prolly just went THROUGH a vein.

Boomer3

Awards
right, probably just went through. Or you may have pulled out at a different angle and knicked one on the way out. nothing to worry about.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
I have a friend who is a doctor and he said that if you use an inch or bigger pin then always aspirate but on 5/8in dont need to, is this not true?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I have a friend who is a doctor and he said that if you use an inch or bigger pin then always aspirate but on 5/8in dont need to, is this not true?
I don't use anything less than an inch. But I would think it would be even more important to aspirate with a shorter needle. With a longer one it's more likely your going to have gone through the vein and into the muscle, with a shorter one, theres a better chance of stopping short and being IN the vein and not having passed through it.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't use anything less than an inch. But I would think it would be even more important to aspirate with a shorter needle. With a longer one it's more likely your going to have gone through the vein and into the muscle, with a shorter one, theres a better chance of stopping short and being IN the vein and not having passed through it.
Agreed, why use anything less then an inch or inch and a half anyways? You need to make sure your IM injections are exactly that...IM. Plus I don't know why anybody would have ever told you not to aspirate. You should always aspirate. What could it hurt to always do so? Now think if the converse is true.

Tommy1109

Awards
Nothing to worryabout , although, aspiration is very crucial. What may have happen is if you push hard enough on the end of the injection the rubber stopper can shift an create a vacuum effect drawing a small amount of blood. Happens to me often

Husker89

Banned
Awards
this is my first test cycle and i feel awesome so i know it is working, but if an expert tells me i to change to an inch i will.